Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 09:56 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,210,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Our newest generation...Z... has grown up with the violence in schools and they are tired of it and standing up to it. Many are voting age and many more will be. And they are very suave with social media which gets the word out to millions.
And that is why they are going to get what they want. They know how to use the media, both conventional and social. they are attractive, articulate, knowledgeable, and driven by passion for what they believe. I have yet to see one of them hesitate while on camera before answering a question. They can also speak extemporaneously with more poise than most adults. The Parkland Survivors are a force to be reckoned with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2018, 10:03 PM

19,779 posts, read 22,673,762 times
My son is 19, my daughter is 17. Both grew up in a hunting household. We eat more wild game than any other source.

They are anti NRA and want to see laws and regs tightened. And military born weapons banned from civilian use.

They are both articulate and very smart- both AP honors and my son on full tuition paid scholarship.

These kids are a force to be reckoned with. I'm proud of them.

Old 02-25-2018, 10:04 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
And that is why they are going to get what they want. They know how to use the media, both conventional and social. they are attractive, articulate, knowledgeable, and driven by passion for what they believe. The Parkland Survivors are a force to be reckoned with.
Absolutely. I was shocked that governor Scott, a republican, went against the NRA though. He wants to raise the age limit on buying guns. He's also against arming teachers.

Old 02-25-2018, 10:05 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Due to many blaming the NRA for our mental health problem I decided to join with a 5 year membership. 5 million kids under 12 on pharma. That's the problem. Mental health. Not guns.
I joined a couple days ago (one year).

It was a great deal.

A mere $30 got me a pocket knife, a magazine subscription and Second Amendment advocacy.

Old 02-25-2018, 10:06 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times
Quote:
Due to many blaming the NRA for our mental health problem I decided to join with a 5 year membership. 5 million kids under 12 on pharma. That's the problem. Mental health. Not guns.
Thanks for letting us know.

So, is the US the only advanced country with mentally ill people? Is it the only country in the world with unnecessary pharmaceutical usage?

Old 02-25-2018, 10:08 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
My son is 19, my daughter is 17. Both grew up in a hunting household. We eat more wild game than any other source.

They are anti NRA and want to see laws and regs tightened. And military born weapons banned from civilian use.

They are both articulate and very smart- both AP honors and my son on full tuition paid scholarship.

These kids are a force to be reckoned with. I'm proud of them.
Yes, they are. And I'm proud of your kids too They sound pretty awesome.

Old 02-25-2018, 10:18 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Why do you have so little faith in the Constitution and the SCOTUS?

Personally, i disagree with funneling $$$ to politicians merely because they pay lip service to the 2nd Amendment while otherwise they may be be complete idiots.

The Second Amendment is found in the Constitution.

The assumed powers that the SC operates under are not found in the Constitution.

As for politicians, they can either support the Second Amendment or lose to someone that does.

Old 02-25-2018, 10:24 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,638,096 times
Quote:
I used to be a member.

Hope you didn't give them your main e-mail or phone#. If so, get ready for endless donation requests.

Old 02-25-2018, 10:48 PM

1,196 posts, read 839,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
The NRA only serves to enable mass violence these days.
The Civil War Started because Republicans started a party for the sole purpose of ending slavery, ended in 1865.

After Lincoln was elected in 1860 most Blacks voted Republican.

After losing the Civil War Democrats like Nathan Bedford Forest, a Confederate General, started the KKK to continue to harass Blacks.

September 28 1868 a mob of Democrats massacred 300 Black Republicans in Opelousas Louisiana.

1871 two Republican Yankee Union Civil War Generals started the NRA at the Creed Farm on Long Island New York.

The unstated but common knowledge of the NRA was it was established to assist Blacks to defend themselves from murdering Democrats.

NRA granted many Black's NRA Chapters including Civil Rights icon Robert F. Williams in 1957.

World War II Marine veteran William's formed the very successful Black Armed Guard defending Blacks from murdering Democrats, as he described in his book "Negro's With Guns".

Old 02-25-2018, 10:58 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstooth View Post
The Civil War Started because Republicans started a party for the sole purpose of ending slavery, ended in 1865.

After Lincoln was elected in 1860 most Blacks voted Republican.

After losing the Civil War Democrats like Nathan Bedford Forest, a Confederate General, started the KKK to continue to harass Blacks.

September 28 1868 a mob of Democrats massacred 300 Black Republicans in Opelousas Louisiana.

1871 two Republican Yankee Union Civil War Generals started the NRA at the Creed Farm on Long Island New York.

The unstated but common knowledge of the NRA was it was established to assist Blacks to defend themselves from murdering Democrats.

NRA granted many Black's NRA Chapters including Civil Rights icon Robert F. Williams in 1957.

World War II Marine veteran William's formed the very successful Black Armed Guard defending Blacks from murdering Democrats, as he described in his book "Negro's With Guns".
The parties traded platforms over time. What you're attributing to the democrats now belongs to the republicans and vice versa. Democrats and Republicans Switched Platforms - Fact or Myth?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies