Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 07:34 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times

Advertisements

There is evidence that the FISA application was based upon political connections. And there is evidence that nothing has been discovered against Trump etal. So we have a weak AG who fears or does not want to weigh in for his own reasons. I suppose he is ineffective and compromised.

It's a logical decision to replace the AG. I like Sessions but he's out of his league
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2018, 07:34 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
The ‘tweet’ under discussion is not a ‘gaff’.
are not tweets in modern day a form of communication

its a gaffe , no matter if in front of a teleprompter, on a accidently hot mike, on facebook/myspace/twitter/snapchat etc

Obama, bush, cliton all had plenty of gaffes... trump is an idiot, he makes gaffes( on twitter and else where)...so is the king of gaffes, biden

trump is going to make mistakes..either in speech or acts... and as much as I think he is an idiot, he still is a better choice than hitlery

Old 02-28-2018, 07:36 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Talking Whataboutism!

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
like obozo did???

“In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died — an entire town destroyed.”
Regarding a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people

“It’s not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.”

“On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes — and I see many of them in the audience here today — our sense of patriotism is particularly strong.”

"We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." —Cincinnati, OH, Sept. 22, 2011.... that would be trans-continental, obozo

"UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems." –attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare, while simultaneously undercutting his own argument, Portsmouth, N.H., Aug. 11, 2009

"The Cambridge police acted stupidly." —commenting on a white police officer's arrest of black scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. at his home in Cambridge, Mass., at a news conference, July 22, 2009... let's have a beer summit

"How's it going, Sunshine?" --campaigning in Sunrise, Florida

every POTUS makes gaffes.... Clinton bush Obama, and even trump......

or are you saying that Obama didn't act presidential..hmm
The favorite Marxist tactic of the lunatic fringe.

Old 02-28-2018, 07:40 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So here he is yet again criticizing Sessions his DOJ appointment. Why is it so difficult for him to just shut up and try to act like a president.

<a href="https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=968856971075051521" target="_blank"><a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/968856971075051521" target="_blank">https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/28/u...T.nav=top-news

[/indent]

Why? Because nothing about him is remotely presidential. He's a disgrace to the office.

Old 02-28-2018, 07:41 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Just speculating of course, but my hunch is the main reason the President hasn't already fired Jeff Sessions is that his legal team has emphasized that it would look very bad to fire the Attorney General before Mueller concludes his investigation.

I do also wonder what he thought being President was going to be like. Unlike being CEO of a real estate company, you're simply not going to get your way all the time as President. No President ever has. And, you're also going to get tons of people criticizing you when you are President. Again, that has been true for every President in history. Even George Washington had critics and journalists who wrote less than flattering articles in newspapers about him.

So ranting and raving on twitter about it seems more than a little silly.

I've said this before but the President's twitter finger is really his worst enemy. If he could just manage to keep his twitter finger in his pocket when he feels agitated, he'd be much better off.

IIRC first time around when DT was considering (strongly) getting rid of Jeff Sessions Mitch McConnell told him flat out he wouldn't get a replacement through senate confirmation process before the 2018 mid-term elections.

However much of what you stated is true; the optics of firing Jeff Sessions then or now just would not look good for DT. This especially coming on heels of firing and or otherwise forcing out head of or others in senior positions at other agencies including FBI.

Sadly for His Orangeness he is learning government appointments aren't like hiring and firing people in private sector business. More so for those that have been confirmed by the senate.

Absent criminal or other major wrong doing there is little a POTUS can do to justify removing a current AG.

So what we have is a good old fashioned stand off IMHO. DT obviously wants JS to go; and the latter basically has told his "boss" to go pound salt and leave him alone.

Like I say; this isn't Mr. Sessions first time at the rodeo; he's survived worse politically and is still around to tell the tales.

Old 02-28-2018, 07:46 PM

4,031 posts, read 2,716,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I think Sessions is still bitter to the core from being rejected for a federal judge's seat 30 years ago.

Now as AG, he's sits above all those judges and his ego won't allow him to resign, no matter how harshly tRump speaks of him in public.

Matter of fact, all those insults and put downs may harden his resolve and motivate him to see tRump taken down a notch or twelve. With Mueller as the instrument of that plunge.

Matter of fact, Jared and Junior are coming into view.

I'm wondering if part of the reason why Sessions is hanging in there despite the insults is because as long as he does, Mueller's investigation can continue, and maybe Sessions thinks there's enough there to hang his current boss.....and that President Pence might be friendlier to Sessions' agenda.

Old 02-28-2018, 07:47 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
Read mueller is looking into trump possibly firing sessions back in July.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:00 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
I'm wondering if part of the reason why Sessions is hanging in there despite the insults is because as long as he does, Mueller's investigation can continue, and maybe Sessions thinks there's enough there to hang his current boss.....and that President Pence might be friendlier to Sessions' agenda.

Mr. Muller's investigations will continue until he is done; that is just a fact, and GOP even his most ardent detractors know this to be true.

Ending Mr. Muller's activities would shred what few remaining bits of credibility left to the GOP and most importantly DT have left. In the end it often comes to no good ending such investigations early.

Besides a future administration or Congress itself could merely choose to start things up all over again. That would worse for the current POTUS and others because DT won't be around to influence (or try to anyway) things or maybe grant pardons if things went badly.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:43 PM

57,291 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
There is evidence that the FISA application was based upon political connections. And there is evidence that nothing has been discovered against Trump etal. So we have a weak AG who fears or does not want to weigh in for his own reasons. I suppose he is ineffective and compromised.

It's a logical decision to replace the AG. I like Sessions but he's out of his league
There is no "evidence" just conjecture.

There is evidence that nothing has been discovered, what does that even mean, the Mueller investigation has not been concluded.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:45 PM

57,291 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
If he fired Sessions then what, he is out of candidates for all these jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies