Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 07:33 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The Auto 5 is not gas operated-it is recoil operated, where the recoil "impact" of the fired round operated the action, rather than gas vented out the barrel. I believe the others are correct.
They are at "gas operated" now, but will eventually go to "any weapon that uses any portion of the energy from firing to reload." The goal being to literally ban the very concept of semiautomatic weapons.

Gas, recoil, energy, whatever. If you pull the trigger, fire a round and that weapon somehow ejects the spent round and loads another one, we are banning that weapon, because only the agents of tyranny should have such firepower, not the serfs and peasants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2018, 09:15 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
That would all be semi/burst/fully-automatic weapons.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:25 AM

37,203 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/20...s-to-ban-what/

Anyone know what those are? Do you power the gun by passing gas or something?
If you own a modern self-loading weapon, remove the barrel and look for gas ports that channel some of the gas from ignition of the powder to assist the recoil in operating the bolt and reloading the weapon after firing. This has been a basic feature of a lot of different firearms for at least fifty years.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Per highlighted, no, revolvers cannot be semiautomatic. In a typical 6 shot wheel revolver, you have 6 chambers, and each chamber must be manually reloaded. The "revolving" action does not reload any chamber, it simply rotates the wheel to the next chamber. To reload, you have to open the action, manually eject the spent casings, manually insert the new rounds, and manually close the action. Nothing at all semiautomatic about revolvers.

Inside 30 yards, yeah, a 12 gauge is hard to beat. It's my primary home defense weapon of choice. Slugs or buckshot, doesn't really matter. You wreck whatever it hits.
I keep a B.C. Miroku 12-gauge double full of magnum BBs in the corner by the bed. Never had to use it, but it's a guaranteed attention getter when you touch it off.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:30 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
LAWL

Democrat wants to ban guns that don't exist.

They are quite deranged.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Basically the Dems want to ban and outlaw every semi auto firearm and have us rely on revolvers, pump action shotguns and bolt action rifles until they realize that those can also be used to kill when they are in the hands of dangerous people.

They would have us all back to single shot muskets until they realize that a trained man during the Civil war could load and take 3 aimed shots in one minute. Of course when these percussion rifles were not being shot they made good clubs and when a bayonet was on the end watch out! They were deadly in the hands of a trained man and would be equally deadly in the hands of a 21st century dangerous person intent on murder.

I wonder if they will make a special consideration for BB guns and paint ball guns that use C02 ?

With such a ridiculous bill as this is there any wonder that the NRA pushes back so hard on what the Left calls common sense gun laws/ gun bans?
I call absolute BS, having shot muzzleloaders extensively for years. In rapid fire you might be able to fire twice a minute with questionable aim. In sustained fire, you have to swab the gun and clean the nipple every 20 shots or so, or it will misfire. Practical sustained fore would probably be in the neighborhood of a minute per shot for a trained individual who is specifically atempting rapid fire.

They are deadly. I can shoot consistent three inch groups offhand at 100 yards with a 182 grain round ball loaded sprue down in front of 90 grains of Pyrodex. I shoot a Thompson rebarrelled with a 36" Green Mountain target barrel.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:34 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/20...s-to-ban-what/

Anyone know what those are? Do you power the gun by passing gas or something?

I guess they don't have those in Russia. For those who want to know, the "gas" that they are talking about is how an automatic weapon works. A portion of the energy that is expelled when one round is fired is used to push that round out of the chamber and also to insert the next round. It happens in a millisecond, and is the reason these guns can fire numerous rounds in a very short period of time.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:35 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
LAWL

Democrat wants to ban guns that don't exist.

They are quite deranged.

How does that crow taste, now that you know they do exist ?

Old 03-02-2018, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You know, I've never seen anyone say that. I have, however, seen people say that an AR platform is good for hogs and coyotes (as well as other varmints). I can't speak to hog hunting as I've never done it but coyotes, yes the AR platform is good for those. And groundhogs.
Most of the hogs I ever shot were with a 12 gauge 3" magnum with 000 buckshot. If you need 30 rounds, you need a helluva lot more practice.

Also, the .223 is a bit light for hogs if you are going to use a rifle. I would suggest a .308 or something similar.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:38 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
How does that crow taste, now that you know they do exist ?
I wouldn't know because I have not eaten any. There is no such gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies