Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 05:46 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times

Advertisements

Not too long ago Kindergarten kids knew this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3wcxHiorJ4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2018, 05:48 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
It's helpful to go to sources other than the very biased source in the OP to shed light on what happened.

The speaker they were protesting was fired from Google for saying, in a public memo, that women are "more neurotic" than men, and can't handle stress, and that's why there aren't many of them in high tech.

And he was there to defend his statements.

I'd protest that too. We don't have to sit quietly and listen to that BS. "More neurotic"??? Can't handle stress? BS.

Old 03-02-2018, 06:03 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It's helpful to go to sources other than the very biased source in the OP to shed light on what happened.

The speaker they were protesting was fired from Google for saying, in a public memo, that women are "more neurotic" than men, and can't handle stress, and that's why there aren't many of them in high tech.

I'd protest that too. We don't have to sit quietly and listen to that BS. "More neurotic"??? Can't handle stress? BS.

You're right - you don't. It's called not showing up for the event in the first place.

Old 03-02-2018, 07:07 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,037,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Sore losers, the lot of em. I cant imagine being that miserable. I mean, to throw a fit and sabotage equipment just because your mental health is subpar is just astounding to me.

IKR The way they carried on, you'd think they were righties being told America needs tougher gun restrictions!!

Old 03-02-2018, 07:23 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,528,817 times
Quote:

That is not a very nice thing to say. However, firing someone for saying something like that is rediculously excessive. In fact, only an out-of-control "Political correctness" fanatic would think that is an appropriate response to the actions you described.

Clearly, Google has lost their sense of proportionalty, which is a common ailment of the radical left "Political correctness" crowd.

Old 03-02-2018, 07:24 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,038,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
I wonder how many green haired SJW freaks are going to magically drop the stupid and stop dying the hair to get a real job when they graduate.
Probably the same number of baby boomers who did the same. Too bad so many of them turned into such angry old right-wing trolls when they got old.

Old 03-02-2018, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
That is not a very nice thing to say. However, firing someone for saying something like that is rediculously excessive. In fact, only an out-of-control "Political correctness" fanatic would think that is an appropriate response to the actions you described.

Clearly, Google has lost their sense of proportionalty, which is a common ailment of the radical left "Political correctness" crowd.
OK, but if I said something like "religious people are more prone to believing in fantasies and have problems with science" in the same way, not only would my company treat me the same, but every right-winger in the world would be on my case about it. No doubt this forum would be full of threads condemning such a statement as "an example of the evil left-wing atheist agenda" or some crap.

While I agree that corporations have gotten a bit too sensitive all around - and you can't have ANY fun anymore in big business - the right-wing bias in this thread is glaringly absurd.

Old 03-02-2018, 07:29 PM

Quote:

Again, what if he had commented against "gun-nuts," religious people, etc. No doubt all the righties on this forum would be demanding he be fired, praising the company for "loving Americuh," and so on. But, since all he did was bash women - who Trump has taught us are sex objects anyway - he should supposedly be praised for his "insightful" idiocy.

The right-wing bias is so laughably obvious, particularly on a forum with a hard-right slant as this one.

Old 03-02-2018, 07:35 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,357,667 times
Quote:

Wait wait wait... you're aware of the big 5 personality traits right? One of them is trait neuroticism, and women score more highly in that category than men, on average. That's what he was referring to. It wasn't an insult.

And a side note since we're talking psychology...women also score higher on average in trait agreeableness, which is one factor contributing to the wage gap, since people high in agreeableness are more likely to avoid situations of conflict (like pushing for higher pay).

Old 03-02-2018, 07:38 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,357,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Again, what if he had commented against "gun-nuts," religious people, etc. No doubt all the righties on this forum would be demanding he be fired, praising the company for "loving Americuh," and so on. But, since all he did was bash women - who Trump has taught us are sex objects anyway - he should supposedly be praised for his "insightful" idiocy.

The right-wing bias is so laughably obvious, particularly on a forum with a hard-right slant as this one.
He didn't bash women. Not even slightly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies