Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2018, 06:20 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times

Advertisements

They want to control and restrict legal gun sales .. yet the same liberals are soft on crime committed using guns.

Hate the gun , not the gunman .
—-

The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors voted unanimously Tuesday to explore options for regulating firearms, including restricting sales to anyone under 21, banning .50-caliber handguns, strengthening safe storage laws and prohibiting gun sales near schools.

Supervisor Sheila Kuehl recommended the review.

https://www.dailynews.com/2018/03/13...f-supervisors/

“Now criminals convicted of the following crimes are eligible to be released from prison early: rape by intoxication, rape of an unconscious person, human trafficking involving sex acts with minors, drive-by shooting, assault with a deadly weapon, taking a hostage, domestic violence involving trauma, supplying a firearm to a gang member, lewd acts upon a child, hate crime causing physical injury, failing to register as a sex offender, arson causing great bodily injury, felon obtaining a firearm, discharging a firearm on school grounds and false imprisonment of an elder. Just to name a few.

And they want to decriminalize using a firearm in the commission of a felony too.

https://www.ocregister.com/2017/06/2...ot-the-gunman/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2018, 06:24 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
I do not understand why our lawmakers have not learned this simple lesson! You would think after alcohol prohibition and now the drug war....more laws and banning...DO NOT WORK!

What is it about this concept that they do not get by now? Maybe its the only response they can think of? if thats the case, then they are more pathetic than I thought.

Old 03-14-2018, 06:59 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
California already has some of the strictest gun laws in the country as well as a ban on semi automatic sporting rifles, and many semi auto hand guns. They have a criminal problem, not a gun problem.

Old 03-14-2018, 07:08 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I do not understand why our lawmakers have not learned this simple lesson! You would think after alcohol prohibition and now the drug war....more laws and banning...DO NOT WORK!

What is it about this concept that they do not get by now? Maybe its the only response they can think of? if thats the case, then they are more pathetic than I thought.
You are making an obvious mistake. You start with the premise that they are passing laws intended to improve safety or reduce crime. Of course those laws do not work (with regard to gun control). But their motivation has nothing to do with safety or crime. It is about disarming law abiding people, only. Everything to do with making life safer for the criminals and ensure more defenseless victims. All so the victims will demand more "control" and "protection" from the government.

You have to remember, they recently repealed laws that penalized actual criminals for using guns while committing crimes. While adding punishments for the law abiding.

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 03-14-2018 at 07:18 AM..

Old 03-14-2018, 07:10 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

It is the only response they have. If they really cared about people they would go after criminals. Why does California protect illegal immigrants when ICE comes to collect them? Do Liberals suffer from an enlarged heart and a small brain? We cannot fault them for wanting to help people but at what cost? They certainly like to pass the blame. The inner city kid that just used a gun to rob the convenience store to feed his drug habit.. it is not his fault, society made him do it and the NRA made it possible for him to buy that illegal gun on the street..... UGH

The thing is only law abiding citizens follow laws, criminals do not.

If all the guns were banned who do you think would keep theirs and in the years following as the criminals run crazy with their guns and get weeded out when caught will they then turn to knives to carry on their crimes and then the Left will be talking about common sense knife laws?

Old 03-14-2018, 07:12 AM

The mayor of Los Angeles calls criminals “justice affected individuals “

So the criminal is the victim you see . Never any mention of the real victims of these criminals crimes . I don’t want to hear about what criminals “deserve “ . We don’t owe them anything .

“Los Angeles is the city of second chances — and people who have served time and are returning home deserve the opportunity to rebuild their lives, earn a good living, and break the cycle of incarceration and recidivism,” Garcetti said.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/17521...d-hank-berrien

Old 03-14-2018, 07:34 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post

So the criminal is the victim you see . Never any mention of the real victims of these criminals crimes . I don’t want to hear about what criminals “deserve “ . We don’t owe them anything .

“Los Angeles is the city of second chances — and people who have served time and are returning home deserve the opportunity to rebuild their lives, earn a good living, and break the cycle of incarceration and recidivism,” Garcetti said.”

It really is twisted thinking how the Liberals are willing to give actual criminals that have served time a second chance but they are also demanding that legal guns that can be bought by law abiding citizens be banned? They trust the proven criminal yet they see an inanimate object as a source of great evil?
I can't stand the hypocrisy when the criminal gets the headlines and chances while their innocent victims that never asked for trouble spend their time picking up the pieces of their shattered lives.

I do believe in second chances for people that got themselves into trouble but for many there is no second chance, crime is all they know and they hurt the good people time and time again.

I think we saw all we needed to know about California and where they stand on victims when that illegal alien loser that had been deported multiple times gunned down Kate Steinle and was then set free.
One of his claims was that he found the gun and was shooting at a seal and hit her by mistake. I think he would have been in more trouble if he had actually shot the seal.

When it comes to criminals they get chance after chance to turn their lives around but when it comes to guns there is no chance and they would ban them all ?

Black Lives Matter and Black Guns Matter.

Old 03-14-2018, 07:38 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It really is twisted thinking how the Liberals are willing to give actual criminals that have served time a second chance but they are also demanding that legal guns that can be bought by law abiding citizens be banned? They trust the proven criminal yet they see an inanimate object as a source of great evil?
I can't stand the hypocrisy when the criminal gets the headlines and chances while their innocent victims that never asked for trouble spend their time picking up the pieces of their shattered lives.

I do believe in second chances for people that got themselves into trouble but for many there is no second chance, crime is all they know and they hurt the good people time and time again.

I think we saw all we needed to know about California and where they stand on victims when that illegal alien loser that had been deported multiple times gunned down Kate Steinle and was then set free.
One of his claims was that he found the gun and was shooting at a seal and hit her by mistake. I think he would have been in more trouble if he had actually shot the seal.

When it comes to criminals they get chance after chance to turn their lives around but when it comes to guns there is no chance and they would ban them all ?

Black Lives Matter and Black Guns Matter.
The utter hypocrisy of the Democrats and their progressive, low information voters is sickening.

Old 03-14-2018, 08:14 AM

Yeah the Kate Steinle tradegy really showed that liberals aren’t as compassionate as they claim. It should of been a wake up call along with the other innocent Americans killed by illegals .

California has a “ban” on plastic bags , yet known illegal alien criminals are welcome .
We’ll even hire lawyers for you if you are here illegally .

Old 03-14-2018, 08:19 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post

He's right, they do deserve the chance once their legal obligation to the state is over with. Unless you want criminals to keep on committing crimes?

The law abiding public also has the right to protect themselves from people who want to do them harm both physically and financially especially since the Police can't and don't.

These two things are not mutually exclusive...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies