Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 01:52 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by architech100 View Post
I am not surprised your right wing roommate paid your bill for your dogs, true far-right wingers are the true lovers of animals. We just care about real issues like animals being abused, children being abused, standing up to criminals and rapists etc

Liberals love issues like criminals and and illegal immigrants rights/ crazed feminists and trannies in bathrooms but do absolutley nothing about the environment, plastic in the seas, criminals left off with no sentences etc. They do alot about sanctuary cities

The right wing parties in europe will be our future, they combine formerly left wing issues with right wing power . We need a Hegelian synthesis- right wing environmentalism , most leftist males are beta males who dont accomplish much
Your generalizations are no more appealing than Seacove's. Also, I did not say she is a "true far-right winger." I said she is a conservative.

Also, you lost me at "trannies" and "beta males."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2018, 02:02 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
I am not surprised your right wing roommate paid your bill for your dogs, true far-right wingers are the true lovers of animals. We just care about real issues like animals being abused, children being abused, standing up to criminals and rapists, the environment , immigration etc

Liberals love issues like criminals and and illegal immigrants rights/ crazed feminists and trannies in bathrooms but do absolutley nothing about the environment, plastic in the seas, criminals left off with no sentences etc. They do alot about sanctuary cities though and black lives matter, sexual harassment and whatever group is big at the time

The right wing parties in europe will be our future, they combine formerly left wing issues with right wing power . We need a Hegelian synthesis- right wing environmentalism , most leftist males are beta males who dont accomplish much
Right-wingers care about the environment? Nothing could be further from the truth. This is reason #10,999,999 why we should be able to regionalize with states that share political, environmental, fiscal and social goals. National Geographic is keeping a running list of all the things Trump has done and Trump is the worst president in my lifetime when it comes to the environment. Republicans have shown they fully support what Trump is doing so clearly, the GOP has zero love for the environment.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/...e-environment/

Old 03-08-2018, 02:02 AM

193 posts, read 92,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The second largest contributor to Seattle's growth (after California) is Texas. So every time someone in Texas tells me how great it is, all I think is why don't those Texans stay home then? We certainly didn't invite them.

While I would have supported a move toward states rights during the Obama years, with Trump, I would emphatically support it. I truly believe he is the worst president in U.S. history and even Bush seems amazed at how bad he is. I also support citistates, regions or any other definition that allows states to collaborate or combine for their mutual benefit. The West Coast would likely do that immediately, the South would as well and probably the Northeast.
Yes but so much of that growth was all amazon?

What do you mean by the West coast? The majority of Washingtons pacific coast counties and Oregons pacific coast counties went for trump? Del norte in northern california as well. Its very separated geographically from the blue and red counties

Old 03-08-2018, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Your generalizations are no more appealing than Seacove's. Also, I did not say she is a "true far-right winger." I said she is a conservative.

Also, you lost me at "trannies" and "beta males."
sorry about the trannies, stupid post. but the beta males comment is right on

Old 03-08-2018, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Right-wingers care about the environment? Nothing could be further from the truth. This is reason #10,999,999 why we should be able to regionalize with states that share political, environmental, fiscal and social goals. National Geographic is keeping a running list of all the things Trump has done and Trump is the worst president in my lifetime when it comes to the environment. Republicans have shown they fully support what Trump is doing so clearly, the GOP has zero love for the environment.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/...e-environment/
I dont care about the GOP / american alt right ( there are some interesting ones though ) / Conservatives etc. .American politics is dull for the most part. The European Right synthesis of left and right values is what is interesting to me

Old 03-08-2018, 02:11 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Yes but so much of that growth was all amazon?

What do you mean by the West coast? The majority of Washingtons pacific coast counties and Oregons pacific coast counties went for trump? Del norte in northern california as well. Its very separated geographically from the blue and red counties
Actually Trump only got 36% of Washington's vote. Bernie Sanders won Washington in the primary. Here is a breakdown of Washington's 2016 presidential election. Clearly not just Seattle and the reddest areas have very low populations.

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/washington

No, Texans moving to Washington do not only work at Amazon. For starters, Washington also has Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Apple, Expedia, Salesforce, Starbucks, Nordstrom, Costco, REI, etc. I'm guessing a lot of Texans may be liberals fleeing Texas before we build a wall to keep them out, since Washington is turning more blue, not less. But the point is, all those tech companies in Seattle also have offices in California. The business environment along the West Coast is very much a shared one. We have far more in common with our region that we do the rest of the country.

Old 03-08-2018, 02:17 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Wherever you go, there you are.

Old 03-08-2018, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Actually Trump only got 36% of Washington's vote. Bernie Sanders won Washington in the primary. Here is a breakdown of Washington's 2016 presidential election. Clearly not just Seattle and the reddest areas have very low populations.

No, Texans moving to Washington do not only work at Amazon. For starters, Washington also has Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Apple, Expedia, Salesforce, Starbucks, Nordstrom, Costco, REI, etc. I'm guessing a lot of Texans may be liberals fleeing Texas before we build a wall to keep them out, since Washington is turning more blue, not less. But the point is, all those tech companies in Seattle also have offices in California. The business environment along the West Coast is very much a shared one. We have far more in common with our region that we do the rest of the country.
Why would you want to do that?

Old 03-08-2018, 02:33 AM

Quote:

Austin has more employees from California companies like Apple than Seattle.

But how how is this a region?

https://twitter.com/MichaelMontenae/...92705341382656

Old 03-08-2018, 02:33 AM

Quote:
sorry about the trannies, stupid post. but the beta males comment is right on
No, it really isn't. The whole "alpha male" thing is borrowed from studies of wolf packs, and most people who throw it around have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. Let me tell you a secret: each pack has only one alpha, and if you are the beta, you are better off than most of the other wolves. It's a stupid, meaningless insult, and the newly-trendy word I wish would die a swift and painful death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies