Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 01:03 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times

Advertisements

I saw them talking about this story on the local news here in L.A

The anchors were saying how it was so sad and hard to watch .

She was arrested in front of her kids but where else where they supposed to arrest her?

If you are in a country illegally one should realize there is a risk to that . If you have kids that should be more of a reason not to live in a country illegally as your are bringing more risk to your family .

I’m tired of the “breaking up families thing. Americans commit crimes and get separated from family all the time . What should we do ? Just never arrest anyone that has kids?

ICE agents arrest undocumented mom in front of children in San Diego | abc7.com

Old 03-11-2018, 01:12 AM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times
If she'd robbed a bank, and the cops found her at her home, would they NOT arrest her because her kids were watching?

Old 03-11-2018, 01:35 AM

6,137 posts, read 3,867,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I saw them talking about this story on the local news here in L.A

The anchors were saying how it was so sad and hard to watch .

She was arrested in front of her kids but where else where they supposed to arrest her?

If you are in a country illegally one should realize there is a risk to that . If you have kids that should be more of a reason not to live in a country illegally as your are bringing more risk to your family .

I’m tired of the “breaking up families thing. Americans commit crimes and get separated from family all the time . What should we do ? Just never arrest anyone that has kids?

ICE agents arrest undocumented mom in front of children in San Diego | abc7.com
If she doesn't want to taken into ICE custody in front of her children, she should have gone back to the country where she is a citizen.

I am sure she knew that we have an America First President, Homeland Security Chief and Attorney General that want merit based immigration where people wait their turn if they want to be American Citizens. She crossed the border illegally, decided to have one baby after another thinking that they would continue to allow her to be in the country illegally. I am sure she was thinking that Hillary Clinton would be elected and she would be able to stay illegally for ever, but luckily Trump was elected and he enforces immigration laws fair and square.

Exactly. I wonder what percentage of illegals that are women aren't mothers. They tend to come here and start families, thinking that if they start a big family that they won't be deported.

I am sure they had lots of sympathy during the Obama administration, but thankfully President Trump isn't falling for their little sob stories and they are being deported as they are here illegally.

Glad that President Trump, ICE Chief Thomas Homan and Attorney General Jeff Sessions see through the fake crocodile tears and sob stories.

A vast majority of illegal aliens come here and plan to have large families because they think that if they have a large family born that is born here, then they won't deported back.

Old 03-11-2018, 01:45 AM

30,649 posts, read 18,249,084 times
Leftist cries in this case are another example of how they want to treat illegal immigrants better than they treat their fellow countrymen and countrywomen. Indeed, U.S. citizens don't get off for their lawlessness simply because they have children. Why in the hell should illegal immigrants be treated any differently??

Old 03-11-2018, 01:55 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,216,690 times
What is wrong with these people?
Don't they know that invaders who scoff at our laws have superior rights over the people who are paying the taxes for the benefits they enjoy?
Harrumph....
[/sarcasm]

Old 03-11-2018, 03:29 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
One of many that need to be ejected.

Old 03-11-2018, 05:20 AM

5,176 posts, read 4,951,032 times
Oh well. She has no one to blame but herself. She shouldn't have been here in the first place. She is solely responsibly.

Old 03-11-2018, 06:02 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
This mother was being detained for facilitating human smuggling for a criminal organization.

Hopefully, her daughters will take this as a lesson not to break laws.

Old 03-11-2018, 06:15 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times
Two things jump out at me in this story"

ICE said the woman organized a criminal smuggling ring, but she has only been arrested for being in the country illegally.

And:

The woman's family said she's been in the country since she was 15 and has no criminal record.

Of course ICE agents painted her as a major crime figure, it makes them look better for treating her so badly. Wonder how these agents go home to their own children and how they sleep at night?

Old 03-11-2018, 06:25 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Two things jump out at me in this story"

ICE said the woman organized a criminal smuggling ring, but she has only been arrested for being in the country illegally.

And:

The woman's family said she's been in the country since she was 15 and has no criminal record.

Of course ICE agents painted her as a major crime figure, it makes them look better for treating her so badly. Wonder how these agents go home to their own children and how they sleep at night?
What would you have ICE do? Take the mother and daughters out for pizza and ice cream before detaining her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies