Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 09:47 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times

Advertisements

The Basenji breed does more of a yodel, but sometimes barks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2018, 02:16 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Yes, there has been plenty of collusion found, it's all between the democrats, and the Russians.

There is no predicate crime listed for Mueller's investigation.

Mueller's investigation is an investigation in search of a crime.

That is the very definition of a witch hunt.
You’re parroting Trump.

Old 03-16-2018, 02:50 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
How this thread can keep going is a mystery.

Not only have indictments been handed down, a trial is scheduled, several have pleaded guilty, sanctions have been imposed against indicted Russian co-conspirators, ...

Old 03-16-2018, 03:39 AM

1,704 posts, read 749,637 times
Beware of all Guard Dogs that DON'T BARK!

Old 03-16-2018, 04:12 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
Beware of all Guard Dogs that DON'T BARK!
Good advice.

Old 03-16-2018, 03:01 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
I'm sorry, but I guess you missed all those guilty pleas and indictments...

Well of course you would. Like is your head in the sand hoping it all goes away? That's the stuff of wittle snowflakes, lol.
I guess you missed most of this thread. But it's not surprising given the 'romper room' tone of your post.

Old 03-16-2018, 03:04 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz
This is another point about Mueller. Thus far the main haul seems to be indictment of 13 Russians who will never see the inside of an American court, since we don't have extradition w/ Russia. What a wasted effort!
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
The Trump administration has now imposed financial sanctions on those 13 Russians, so there's that.
Plus it's been widely reported that their ability to travel to many other countries is impeded by the indictments.

Finally a post with an actual point. Point taken.

Old 03-16-2018, 03:08 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
I find it funny that conservatives are whining about the cost of the Mueller investigation but were quite during the Benghazi witch hunt, Trumps weekly golfing trips, and the 10's of millions spent so Melania can stay in New York for 6 months.

Old 03-16-2018, 03:20 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
'The dog that didn't bark' was a famous Sherlock Holmes story wherein Holmes solves a crime because of a dog that should have barked, but didn't.

I still remember the cost of the Ken Starr investigation from over 20 years ago: $40 million. It was repeated so endlessly by the media that it remains imprinted in my brain. Why aren't we being bombarded similarly regarding the cost of the Mueller investigation. Even a google search doesn't yield any hits more recent than Dec. 2017.

Why is this? Because we still have, for all intents and purposes, a state-run media. And said media was anti-Starr, and is pro-Mueller.
When you say state run media, I think you mean a Democratic controlled media. The media leaned left back in the 1960's and progressively went more left in the 70's-80's. However it has gone hard core left in the Obama years and is nothing more that an ideologically leftist driven propaganda arm of the (D) party.

Thus if Hillary was elected and a SP were appointed to investigate her, we'd be hearing how it was a vast right wing conspiracy, a misogynist witch hunt, and how much it was costing per day.
This would be echoed by most of the MSM, all in the hope of building pressure to bring it to a stop.

However the MSM, establishment DC and liberals hate Trump, so they will not do or bring attention to the cost, in the hopes the SP will find something, anything, that will damage Trump. If nothing else it is a distraction that helps to take away time and energy in accomplishing his agenda.

So we do not have a state run press per se, but when a (D) is in office, that is essentially what we have on a voluntary basis. Needless to say this is not what the Founding Fathers intended when they wanted a "free press".

Old 09-14-2018, 05:13 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,834,440 times
Hey! Look at that, Mueller investigation total cost: 28 mil, Mueller investigation revenue: 48 mil;

Total profit for the United States produced by the Mueller investigation? 20 million dollars. That's almost 100% ROI in around a year. Damn I wish I could get those kinds of returns in the market.

If we clone Mueller and run a few thousand investigations we can pay off the national debt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies