Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2018, 09:13 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I saw it as breaking news on CNN and MSNBC. Sessions was wrong for that, just two days before the guy retires.
McCabe attempted to be Lois Lerner Part II.
He failed, he will be lucky to avoid a prison term. On the UP SIDE - the American public does not have to pay for his cozy retirement after his crimes against the public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2018, 09:15 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why would that be directed at Trump? The FBI's OPR themselves recommended McCabe be fired. Nothing to do with Trump.
It's fairly obvious Trump directed this. They found a bureaucratic process to follow to give Trump cover.

With Trump firing people left and right, you think OPR or anyone else is not going to follow Trump's orders?

Old 03-16-2018, 09:16 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,818,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
He lost his $1.8 million pension.

Ha Ha... He's already pointing fingers at the DOJ, blaming them for the Hillary email investigation fiasco.

He'll take plenty of others down with him, that's for sure.
He and his wife are fairly wealthy and are worth a lot more than the pension. I'd bet this isn't the end of the story although no one (both D and R) seems to care that he lost the case.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:16 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
"Lack of candor" means lying and from day one FBI agents are warned that whatever they are lying about can't be worse than the lie. Street agents are happy about McCabe firing because they were tired of executives having a different standard applied to them. Street agents would have been fired a long time ago if they'd done what McCabe did.

1.2 millions docs the Inspector General has to go through.

Notice McCabe hasn't denied the charges.
In an interview, Mr. McCabe was blunt. “The idea that I was dishonest is just wrong,†he said, adding, “This is part of an effort to discredit me as a witness.â€

Old 03-16-2018, 09:18 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
It's fairly obvious Trump directed this. They found a bureaucratic process to follow to give Trump cover.

With Trump firing people left and right, you think OPR or anyone else is not going to follow Trump's orders?
I agree, this was all orchestrated by Trump.

The one thing I can't figure out is, how did Trump get McCabe to lie while under oath on multiple occasions?

Old 03-16-2018, 09:18 PM

8,391 posts, read 7,646,246 times
I'd like to see the actual IG Report. I wonder why it hasn't been released?

But again, how can Sessions, who reclused himself from anything to do with the Mueller investigation, make the decision to fire someone who is a potential witness in that investigation?

I'd feel better about this if I found out that the decision was made solely by Wray, acting on his own, without input from Sessions or the President.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:20 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Democrats called for this investigation by Michael Horowitz of the IG office a while ago. As we have seen, these investigations always backfire on them. They thought they'd find bias against Hillary but instead it was bias against Trump by the FBI high level execs. Rank and file are happy they are finally draining the swamp because the top level FBI made the whole department look bad.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:21 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
No surprise a career criminal and con artist hates our law enforcement
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
If it is petty and what a low life would do, then you can bet the Trump Administration will do it.
According to the Post, the decision in late October 2016 came about three weeks after FBI leadership was alerted to the finding of the emails on Weiner's laptop. The inspector general has sought to find out whether McCabe or anyone else at the FBI wanted to avoid moving forward on examining the Weiner emails until after Election Day, the report said. McCabe on Monday announced he would step down, following months of criticism from President Donald Trump and Trump allies.

[emphasis mine]

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/30/polit...ner/index.html

If you can't do your job, you don't deserve a job, especially not at tax-payer expense.

As a tax-payer I expect and demand the FBI investigate vigorously and post haste, not at their leisure or when it's politically expedient for them.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:21 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I agree, this was all orchestrated by Trump.

The one thing I can't figure out is, how did Trump get McCabe to lie while under oath on multiple occasions?
Your asking how did Trump get McCabe to lie under oath multiple times?

Old 03-16-2018, 09:23 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
I'd like to see the actual IG Report. I wonder why it hasn't been released?

But again, how can Sessions, who reclused himself from anything to do with the Mueller investigation, make the decision to fire someone who is a potential witness in that investigation?
This has nothing to do with the Mueller investigation. More to do with FISA warrants spying on Americans.

There will be more than one report from the IG. Watch Fox News because they have all the details that your media censors because it doesn't fit their anti Trump narrative. Use critical thinking. Read Sara Carter's articles. She's been the one doing most of this amazing old fashioned journalism for a year.
https://saraacarter.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies