Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2018, 10:48 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,812,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The doofus is not going to veto this bill. Congress has gone home for a well-deserved (LOL) rest and Trump is not going to do a one man shutdown of the government, especially after trotting out his surrogates to praise the bill. It's all smoke and mirrors for his moronic followers.
Yep.

He wants to look like a tough guy because all the pundits on fox are mocking the bill. But he's already booked for Mar a Lago this weekend, and nothing is getting in the way of that.

Old 03-23-2018, 10:49 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,881,435 times
i agree that trump need to veto this travesty of a bill. the big problem here though is congress itself. they have refused to do their jobs for two decade now, and it needs to stop. they need to pass a real budget, they need to stop with the CRs, and they need to stop spending money willy nilly.

Old 03-23-2018, 10:50 AM

193 posts, read 92,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
This omnibus spending bill is an abomination -what is the point of voting republican anymore?

The Republican party should split in two ...

For argument's sake we could call them the Whigs and the Nationalists.

The nutjobs can go with the Nationalists and the true fiscal conservatives can go with the Whigs.
The nationalists and people voting against this abomination are the fiscal conservatives. the freedom caucus , etc. Most of these so called mainstream repubs and fake conservatives talk a big game about small government but love spending money when they get in power.

What is fiscally Conservative about this vile bill?

basically no wall

Illegal immigration costs the country around a net $45 billion on illegal aliens and their U.S.-born children. public education, medical care, justice enforcement initiatives, welfare programs and other miscellaneous costs.That figure factors in the meager amount illegal aliens pay to the federal government in income, social security, Medicare and excise taxes.

This omnibus bill spends $143 billion more than would have been allowed under the Obama sequester-era caps and $52 billion more than the ceiling set by the Budget Control Act of 2011 when Obama was president.

These "fiscal conservatives" will spend billions and hundreds of millions on programs like

Community Development Block Grant program, a flexible federal funding program for cities and local governments, is being nearly doubled from $2.8 billion to $5.2 billion, despite Trump’s proposals to eliminate it.

TIGER, a grant program for transportation projects inaugurated by Obama’s stimulus, is seeing its budget tripled to 1.5 billion. This is the program that funded the collapsed bridge in Florida

Expansion of unskilled H-2B labor

$718 Billion and rising on the Pentagon and military spending . Close to the 800 million that simply vanished from the Pentagon's Defense Logistics Agency after the first of the first-ever audit of the Defense Department already uncovered , and there is surely more waste to be found inside the world's biggest military budget by a landslide.

No cutting of funds to sanctuary cities

Money for shumers pet projects like this 600 million dollar tunnel

Billions into head start

Growing government at a breakneck pace with record levels of spending. Estimates of adding a trillion dollars to the deficit

On and on and on

Old 03-23-2018, 10:50 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,682,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
No, if I call the WH it will be because he didn't pass the budget and cause federal workers to go w/o pay and delay tax refunds. Granted this bill can be better but not because it isn't funding our POTUS's pet projects.

I am tired of our moronic, wishy washy POTUS trying to play political games by strong arming Congress and pretending he cares about Dreamers and everyday Americans.
At least he is pretending to care. The Dems make it clear they don't care about DACA people. They are nothing but political pawns to Dems.

Please call the WH and tell them your concerns about fed. workers pay.
That's what the hold button is for.

As for strong arming Congress.
When I see Ryan, McConnell, Poleis, and Schumer in full body cast I'll know they have received the correct amount of pressure.

I like the way he puts people on a Yoyo and rings them out like a dish rag. If they would stop using the excuse that the system for passing legislation is/has been broken for 20 years and they must use that same system again. I have to come to the conclusion they are worthless, lazy and a big part of the problem.

Old 03-23-2018, 10:52 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,188,276 times
Trump is going to shut down the government because WE'RE not paying for his wall? What's wrong, can't he shut down the Mexican government?

Old 03-23-2018, 10:53 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,239,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilgrimsprogress View Post
if trump vetoes, there won't be enough votes to override it. I want to see these swamp creatures in both parties get thrashed. Make them fly back from their two-week vacations and revise this budget, donors be damned!

This is why americans hate political elites. Bring back bannon the barbarian to organize an uprising and take these elites out!
This is comedy gold. L. O. L.

Old 03-23-2018, 10:53 AM

18,505 posts, read 9,181,750 times
^As they say, fiscal conservatism is dead.

Old 03-23-2018, 10:55 AM

1,225 posts, read 606,916 times
Wouldn’t it be an ironic twist of fate if Trump shut down the government because here’s no DACA resolution after all of the whining and complaining that the Democrats shut down the government over illegals?

Old 03-23-2018, 10:57 AM

1,874 posts, read 820,029 times
I would rather see the federal gov't shut down for a year than pass this piece of crap

Old 03-23-2018, 10:57 AM

12,045 posts, read 6,585,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
White house contact page
https://www.whitehouse.gov/get-involved/

send an email on the site or call (lines are busy)

202-456-1111 comments
202-456-1414 switchboard
Thanks Pilgrim (can't rep you again) -- but the lines are all busy, haven't been able to get through for a while now doing repetitive redial -- I guess that's a good sign?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies