Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2018, 12:11 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,303,358 times

Advertisements

You can get fired for doing **** on social media they deem not conducive to the company.

Old 05-31-2018, 12:11 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,380,620 times
In an effort to bring everyone together, we can solve everything if we have Roseanne sing the National Anthem while Kaepernick kneels for it.

If that doesn't work, we can reverse it.

Just thinking outside the box here

Old 05-31-2018, 12:22 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,425,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I am really trying to understand if this attitude is simply ignorance or if people really believe that there is nothing wrong with this sort of comparison.
For those who would like to understand why the tweet was so offensive, this is a very good read:

“The idea that Black people were less evolved than White people, and therefore genetically closer to apes than Whites, was historically used to hide the justification of slavery and unequal rights in a cloak of science. Such “scientific racism” spread the false idea that Blacks are inherently inferior to Whites. As a result, the portrayal of Black people as apelike became an iconic representation in the 19th and early 20th century.
But that’s all in the past, right? I mean, people in modern society don’t actually think Blacks are apelike, do they? Work by psychologist Phillip Atiba Goff (link is external) indicates they do.”

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...ne-barrs-tweet

For the rest, well, at least now we know who you are.
It's ignorance, period. No point in continuing to debate back and forth with covert racists. They know who they are and they will continue to be exposed.

Old 05-31-2018, 12:43 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Gotta love the drug company getting all high and mighty.

I'd rather have Roseanne hurl insults at me every day for ten years than ever take one of their little balls of poison. There are much more natural healthy ways of dealing with insomnia.

Yes, much more healthy.
https://www.infowarsstore.com/knocko...p-support.html

Old 05-31-2018, 12:56 PM

23,626 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Oh, is that the only offensive behavior that matters any longer?
Seems to be. Take mccain, pre illness, for example. The left suddenly loved him because he's a Trump hater -- it didn't matter to them that he'd said vile things about Chelsea and hillary, and, how he'd treated his ex-wife. Those things he'd said and done, not counting the other anti-women crap he'd spewed, were far worse than what Barr had tweeted about VJ. To top it off, Chelsea was barely 18 and was not involved in politics at that time, she should have been off limits.

Old 05-31-2018, 12:58 PM

23,626 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Well...maybe..but her continued whining on Twitter argues against that theory.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/30/b...r-twitter.html
So she's pulling a hillary, without all of the constant blame shaming.

Old 05-31-2018, 12:59 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,476,268 times
Rosanne's tweet was disgusting. How does anyone argue that it wasn't?

The only question I have is why she did it. She had to know something bad would come of that. Did Rosanne want to get fired? Maybe she thought she'd only get a lot of bad publicity, which is welcomed by some comics. The entire thing is so weird to me.

There was a time when comedians were funny. Too many have gone over to the dark side. Their jokes are hurtful and mean spirited. Kathy Griffin is another one. Our world will be better off with a stifled Rosanne and Kathy anyway.

Old 05-31-2018, 01:01 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,052,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Rosanne's tweet was disgusting. How does anyone argue that it wasn't?

The only question I have is why she did it. She had to know something bad would come of that. Did Rosanne want to get fired? Maybe she thought she'd only get a lot of bad publicity, which is welcomed by some comics. The entire thing is so weird to me.

There was a time when comedians were funny. Too many have gone over to the dark side. Their jokes are hurtful and mean spirited. Kathy Griffin is another one. Our world will be better off with a stifled Rosanne and Kathy anyway.
Just be happy George Carlin is gone. He was offensive comedian. But he spoke the truth.

Old 05-31-2018, 01:10 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,052,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
It's so ironic that the woman Roseanne insulted is more attractive than Roseanne herself. Roseanne has never been a beauty queen. Why is she insulting other women and comparing them to apes/monkeys?
Truth. And my thoughts exactly.

Old 05-31-2018, 01:16 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
It's ignorance, period. No point in continuing to debate back and forth with covert racists. They know who they are and they will continue to be exposed.

The covert racists are the ones who are sensitive to it. I think people find it so offensive because they see too much truth to it. Neanderthal is a equivalent of so called sub humans and now there is a credible link to Europeans being linked to them. Should Europeans go into melt downs over being called a Neanderthal? Would make me think one thinks they are one.

Africans have traits that give them an advantage in the tropics. So there will be some phenotypical overlap to other tropical creatures. Europeans are naturally fatter , just like cold water marine life. Don't dare call them blubbery wales or they may start to cry.....

Nothing is solved by this over reaction. The worst thing to do is bleed over it. Ignoring it is the best response.

Her comment was probably mindless and poorly thought out, anyway. Its not the first time. When she spit after singing the national anthem she thought she was acting like a baseball player. Many people though she was spitting on the country. She does stupid things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies