Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2018, 07:32 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times

Advertisements

I don't think his opinion are is, but be fed to him by whoever paying the bills

Old 03-30-2018, 07:35 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Sorry, but not a Trump supporter here, but this kid is not "way too smart" for anyone. He is of slightly higher intelligence for his age bracket at best, but his opinions are just that, his opinions.
And same goes for me. If my opinion is that he is way too smart for the people on this forum, then that's my opinion. And I'm talking about all the people who are attacking him, just ask Laura Ingraham.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:37 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
I don't think his opinion are is, but be fed to him by whoever paying the bills
So what you are saying is that your opinion when you were 17 was not your opinion but someone elses....fascinating.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:38 PM

23,615 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
oh dear -- you do know conservatives like their boycotts too right?
A professor was fired for trying to kill a student by slamming him over the head with a bike lock
The Right says - Good, he deserves to be fired.
The Left says - The student deserved it(no he didn't). The prof shouldn't have been fired.

Hogg whines(and yes he did). Ingraham points it out. Hogg goes after her pay and her job.
The Left - Good, she deserves to be fired.
The Right says - Well, he did whine. Ingraham rolled over, what a wienie. Hogg is going after her because she commented on something he did? Wow.

Someone seriously harming someone else vs. someone getting their panties in a wad because something he actually did was pointed out ... no contest.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:44 PM

5,111 posts, read 2,052,447 times
I guess doing David Hogg memes is out of the question?

On the other hand, I guess we won't have to wait for a duel between David Hogg and Kyle Kashuv.
https://twitter.com/KyleKashuv/statu...ildren-card%2F

Old 03-30-2018, 07:44 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
The bottom line here, is that Hogg win this little dustup. She had to apologize and back off the kid, or risk having all her advertisers gone. I bet she won't try that again, or will at least think twice. These are smart and savvy now days now days. So in the end, the kid wont be shut up and is still going, and the adult in the room had to give in to him. Call him what you want, but he is a smart kid, a work in progress learning growing, he will only get better at this.
I find that frightening for freedom in America. It is communism that only allows one opinion. Getting rid of every gun in the world is not going to help these students.

I have been watching neighborhoods creating monsters and you don't want to add hurt to them when they are hurting so badly but we have to draw the line when they start trying to take away basic rights from the rest of us. It is sad that police are frightened into not doing their jobs because they may be thought mean. Police are human heroes. We need to support their best efforts instead of making them scapegoats.

There is a reason Trump won so much real estate in America. I don't want the America these children are trying to bully us into having where only one opinion counts and we are frightened into submission. Laura Ingraham has every right to her opinion on any subject and shame on any sponsor who takes that right away.

I thought about getting a list of the sponsors who left so we could boycott them then I realized that would make us as bad as they are. Wrong actions have to stop somewhere. Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.

Tomorrow be kind to a stranger that doesn't deserve it.

Last edited by NCN; 03-30-2018 at 08:19 PM..

Old 03-30-2018, 07:45 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
And same goes for me. If my opinion is that he is way too smart for the people on this forum, then that's my opinion. And I'm talking about all the people who are attacking him, just ask Laura Ingraham.
I just find it funny that people somehow think he is above being put in his place and countered on the things he is saying. They are no more "attacks" than are the things he is saying to/about other people.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:47 PM

1,225 posts, read 606,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Hogg is a product of his raising ...... what parent would allow their child (BRAT) to go on National Television and F-this, S-that, FFF while calling any gun owner a Murderer?

He has a really screwed up viewpoint and is nothing more than a BRAT opportunist that thinks he is "going to CHANGE the World. This kid is riding for a big fall. Blame his parents, they began his indoctrination.
So is it the swearing or gun owner name calling that bothers you?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-30-2018 at 08:32 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 03-30-2018, 07:49 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Then, I guess it would be only fair to boycott ANY college that chooses to accept Hogg..right?
How fo you propose to do that? Like you guys value education. Sure.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:52 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I just find it funny that people somehow think he is above being put in his place and countered on the things he is saying. They are no more "attacks" than are the things he is saying to/about other people.
And that's your opinion, point taken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies