Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 08:42 AM

309 posts, read 246,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Yes, many would say that no matter the victim. You are the one who seems to have an agenda.
shadowne,
You could be one of the many who would say that no matter the victim and that is a commendable trait.
But it is pretty evident by comments on this thread as well as others that when a muslim is the alleged attacker, people are very quick to pass judgement but when the alleged attacker is one of their own, they "wait for evidence".

Yes, i do have an agenda and that is to hold the law of land above personal opinion and hatred.

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2018, 08:45 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
I’ll wait for more evidence though, as the only thing I find it hard to believe is it happened in Houston. Don’t know the exact area but if it happened here the chances that this guy doesn’t encounter Muslims on at least a monthly basis is pretty low.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hist...ans_in_Houston Their is over 100,000 Pakistani Muslims in Houston and when you throw in Indian Muslims which with Pakistani make up 70% of Muslims in the Houston area. In my county we are talking 3-4% Muslim at least, and Harris we are talking at least 1% Muslim, meaning if your a virulent racists and you see 100 people or more everyday you will be seeing Muslims especially anywhere in SW Houston or Fort Bend County on almost a daily basis that seeing a Muslim shouldn’t trigger you. Unless of course the person was taken. By anger and attacked anyway.

Although I’m not really representative as my best bud for he last 7-8+ years is a Pakistani dude.
I have trouble believing it only because she said she pulled over for a “near collision.” That doesn’t make sense. And you’re right, seeing a woman in a hijab is so common it doesn’t make sense for that to trigger anyone. Nor does the idea that he saw her pull over and went back to confront her. But road rage is definitely possible. Too bad she didn’t get all this on camera. Without video or a witness, I am skeptical.

The lesson here is if someone is angry at you on the road, the last thing you want to do is pull over and get out of your car. We are nice people here, but some people seem to lose it on the road. Crazy drivers are all too believable.

Old 04-07-2018, 09:13 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Puck View Post
MUTGR , Suburban_Guy and momonkey:

Please contact Houston police department, seems like you guys have some more information on the lack of authenticity of this woman's story.

For those who would like to "wait for more evidence", would you say the same thing if the attacker was Muslim and the victim a white woman?

Yes, as of now, we only have her words and nothing else so we should wait for more evidence but that should always be the case, not just when the attacker is white male.

Thanks,
So its all hearsay. Case dismissed. Next.

Old 04-07-2018, 09:50 AM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
I don't care who she was, this story just doesn't add up. While road rage is common, her details don't make any sense.

Old 04-07-2018, 09:59 AM

18,458 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
MUTGR , Suburban_Guy and momonkey:

Please contact Houston police department, seems like you guys have some more information on the lack of authenticity of this woman's story.

For those who would like to "wait for more evidence", would you say the same thing if the attacker was Muslim and the victim a white woman?

Yes, as of now, we only have her words and nothing else so we should wait for more evidence but that should always be the case, not just when the attacker is white male.

Thanks,
Again, the victim was a white woman. A white woman in a hijab according to the article. An article of clothing does not change her from a white woman to a brown woman. If this was a “hate crime” it was religiously motivated, not racially motivated.

Old 04-07-2018, 10:05 AM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Houston Muslim woman stabbed by attacker yelling religious slurs | abc13.com

If she carried a gun, she may have protected herself.
Oh I totally agree with you.

In my uncle's neighborhood, a man was charged with killing both his wife and his mother in law, and this is a Muslim family. The guy had a gun, and it seems like the women in the family had no access to it.

You can read the story here

Man charged with killing wife and mother-in-law - The San Diego Union-Tribune

If you really want to make a valid argument about second amendment, then be fair.

If you want to bring religion and race into the discussion, then so can everybody else. But then again, what is the point and what is the purpose?

Old 04-07-2018, 10:15 AM

5,788 posts, read 5,101,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
"The attacker's passenger reportedly convinced him to get back in his SUV and they left the scene." Okay, this crazed white racist redneck was crazy enough to try to sideswipe the vehicle, get out and stab this woman in the arm, but was convinced to get back in his SUV and leave? "Almost sideswiped." "Near accident." Got out to check for damage for a "near" (not actual) accident? Have you ever gotten out of your vehicle for a "near" accident to check for damage? I haven't. I've been driving for 34 years and I've been in two minor accidents. One I was rear ended, not my fault. The second one was my fault, parking a big van and clipped a parked car. Both times I knew there was contact. I've had many "near" misses and never got out to check for damage.

This sounds like BS to me. I'll bet it was the boyfriend in the car or whoever her domestic partner is (maybe muslim, would explain the hijab) and she concocted a cover story to protect him - with CAIR's help. Hey, in today's climate, who wouldn't believe it wasn't some crazy racist white rednecks.
Actually people come out of their car to check for possible damage in near accident situations all the time. Unless you are driving a piece of crap and isnt worth the time and effort for you to check. I drive a very nice car and you bet I would come out and check.

Old 04-07-2018, 10:29 AM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
This woman most likely would've been assumed to be a terrorist if she lawfully carried in public, sadly.
whatever
Muslims are allowed to carry guns legally in this country. I at least know two Muslim males are legal gun owners and I have no problems with that. If the Muslim women don't want to own guns, it is on them.

The story I posted earlier, the man had a gun. Orange country sheriff department did not even kill him on the spot, they "negotiated" with him and he was treated in the hospital. If his Muslim wife and Muslim mother in law had the access to that gun at the time, maybe they'd be still alive today.

It is a tragedy that this lady had to be attacked like that, but which right others have and Muslims don't have in this country? Name one.

Old 04-07-2018, 10:40 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Houston Muslim woman stabbed by attacker yelling religious slurs | abc13.com

If she carried a gun, she may have protected herself.
Or a can of mace.

Old 04-07-2018, 10:48 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It should be mandatory, all women be well regulated in the use of a single action revolver.
You Conservatives and your belief in tyrannical government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies