Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 02:07 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,261,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
What's next, defending child molesters?
Believe me there are some here that do that too. I'll not post their usernames but they are regulars. Outrageous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2018, 02:30 PM

59,273 posts, read 27,435,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
Good thing they weren’t at the range firing an assault rifle.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/ohio-teens...opstories.html
"dropping a sandbag"

The libs will be rioting and sponsoring protests to BAN sandbags next!

" four Ohio teen"

And his is the age of people protesting about guns and many think we should take them serious when they speak!

Old 04-10-2018, 02:38 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,843,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
You also ignore the fact that some children are beyond help.
IMO very few are beyond help and this was not a crime that was filled with any malicious intent IMO that would warrant a tougher sentence.

Old 04-10-2018, 02:46 PM

39,266 posts, read 27,666,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
IMO very few are beyond help and this was not a crime that was filled with any malicious intent IMO that would warrant a tougher sentence.
well, a man lost his life. For what? Because kids are kids? Come on.

Old 04-10-2018, 02:55 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,648,165 times
The impoverished are filled with idiot parents who have the *kids will be kids* attitude. They claim their baby was just up to a little no good and had no idea someone would die.

Like I posted the other day - a seven year old knows someone could die doing this.

These lame ass excuses from lame ass people who are lousy parents is beyond old.

Old 04-10-2018, 03:00 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,602,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The victim was black. I can't find the racial composition of the boys because they are juveniles.
It's Toledo. They probably all were black. It's a pretty rough town after having passed through it a few times.

Old 04-10-2018, 07:24 PM

911 posts, read 263,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me
One can only hope the family of the victim gets an offer from a lawyer to sue the crap out of the parents of these kids. As the adults supposedly in charge, they are legally culpable for any actions of their kids. Since the little darlings aren't paying a very high price for killing someone, I hope their parents are forced to.
Well it really isnt the parents fault the kids are idiots..... THE KIDS NEED TO BE DEALT WITH SEVERLY!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-10-2018, 07:41 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,648,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess
The victim was black. I can't find the racial composition of the boys because they are juveniles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
It's Toledo. They probably all were black. It's a pretty rough town after having passed through it a few times.

Oh, No is aware!

Old 04-11-2018, 01:41 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,843,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
The impoverished are filled with idiot parents who have the *kids will be kids* attitude. They claim their baby was just up to a little no good and had no idea someone would die.

Like I posted the other day - a seven year old knows someone could die doing this.

These lame ass excuses from lame ass people who are lousy parents is beyond old.
I've not seen in local media any excuses or pleadings from the kids parents. If you consider me the lame ass, note I don't have a kid out dropping sandbags and am not impoverished. I did grow up impoverished though, not far from where this happened and my parents/family didn't allow me outside in the evening, even though we were poor. Money is no indication of how good or bad a parent is all the time.

If anything, on local media, I heard the mother of Marquise Byrd, the man who was killed, not provide any comment/request on the sentencing of the youths and saying that no matter what happened to them it would not bring her son back.

On racial composition I already stated one of the boys (the one who dropped the sandbag) was Latino and the others were black and one bi-racial and the victim black.

It doesn't matter what race they were/are or the race of the victims. I agree with the judge's decision in the matter and felt that she was right in regards to her reason for the sentencing as reported in local media.

Will note one of the reasons why I moved back to the area of my birth is because I feel we have a community that has a lot of people who have a large amount of common sense and people here think more about issues and incidents than they seem to do in other parts of the country. It also is a community that is very diverse on a lot of levels, meaning we have a lot of different income classes that span ethnic roots so we don't necessarily think that impoverished people are horrible parents or addicts are just stupid a$$holes and we have the ability to show some empathy. I always felt very blessed to grow up knowing some of everyone and after living away from here for over 20 years, even with the issues of the area, the best thing about being back living in this part of the country is that people are "real" people and we have compassion for victims and perpetrators who are children and understand that there is no understanding of tragic circumstances like these where no malicious intent is evident.

Old 04-11-2018, 02:02 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,504,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I don't think the construction company is mean, but it is negligence to leave out materials on an overpass that could potentially be thrown from said overpass and kill someone.

It is not uncalled for for construction companies to be sued over stuff like this. I used to be a project manager for construction projects and oversaw lots of employees for the company I worked for along with contractors and subcontractors who worked on construction projects for my company. Par of my job was to insure that the construction site was secured at the close of business. This company was negligent in insuring the above and they are partially to blame. I did work in very close proximity to public housing complexes and residential neighborhoods and leaving out stuff like this causes either potential theft or damage of property or threat to lives when you don't secure it properly. You may be one to like to leave a mess and valuable equipment/material around and think people, especially kids, won't touch it, but IMO that is naive. Theft was more of a concern versus people getting killed but someone can always be harmed from construction material left out in the open.
Or, it m-a-y be that the construction company was REQUIRED TO LEAVE THE SANDBAGS OUT -- or face serious environmental FINES / penalties (storm-water, drainage mitigation - forget exactly what it's called).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies