Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 03:07 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times

Advertisements

Our liberal “justice” system is a real joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2018, 06:01 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelva View Post
Or, it m-a-y be that the construction company was REQUIRED TO LEAVE THE SANDBAGS OUT -- or face serious environmental FINES / penalties (storm-water, drainage mitigation - forget exactly what it's called).
its common practice to use sandbags to hold down warning signs and barricades. If they were not used the warnings and barricades could have been blown over.

Old 04-11-2018, 06:04 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
You may excuse murder but god will not

Old 04-11-2018, 06:21 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
I expect some people to be stupid about teenagers and ignorant to what it means to be a responsible adult and parent.

Throwing random objects may be normal teen behavior, but dropping things off of overpasses or throwing things at moving vehicles or people is not normal behavior, or we would be reading about this kind of thing multiple times a week. Thankfully, most adults know this.

I hope when the adults who excuse this kind of thing raise little cretins that behave this way, their little darlings target their car, are caught, and are locked away for a long time.

If people are going to raise kids like this, the kid may as well keep it all in the family and kill two slugs with one projectile.

Old 04-12-2018, 07:36 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelva View Post
Or, it m-a-y be that the construction company was REQUIRED TO LEAVE THE SANDBAGS OUT -- or face serious environmental FINES / penalties (storm-water, drainage mitigation - forget exactly what it's called).
As noted, I live in the area and passed this spot everyday leading up to the tragic events in December. The bags were not holding down any signs. They were strewn about and not secured like they should have been. Also, again, note that there are no longer any sandbags in that area. Construction is still ongoing. There is also a fence now on the overpass.

It is a very short bridge over the freeway and there were no signs at all at the location where the sandbags were thrown from. The signs are further up the street, not near the bridge/overpass, to warn people of construction ahead.

And again, I have been a project manager for construction projects, including ones for road construction in urban neighborhoods like this situation and have never had any requirement to leave sandbags lying around. This was a very short bridge. There is no issues regarding runoff or drain mitigation in that area and even if there was, those issues do not require sandbags in the middle of the city and most responsible, reputable construction companies clean up at the end of the work day and secure the work site.

FWIW this reminds me of the fire on I85 in Atlanta. GDOT there left out a lot of material that is potentially flammable and a grown, homeless man, set fire to a chair that ignited the construction material and burned down part of the freeway. Luckily no one was injured. But the man got off on the charges of arson, one of the reasons due to the fact that construction crews and GDOT were negligent in securing their construction material. Construction crews and the state agencies that oversee the construction are REQUIRED to secure a construction site. And again, this area is not some country road or some out of the way freeway bridge. It is smack dab in the middle of a pretty heavily populated area and is a block from the downtown area. It is not isolated and the site warrants additional security measures for any construction. I'll note that since I've been back in Ohio I do feel that a lot of construction crews here are negligent in storing items and securing their sites even much moreso than they are in GA where I lived prior to moving back here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies