Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2018, 07:29 AM

3,350 posts, read 1,278,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

Trump says FU and moves forward and gets the job done.
What exactly has he done?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2018, 07:29 AM

30,367 posts, read 11,981,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
reading through these comments i'm struck by how militaristic the left is. who knew? these lefty posters want to take the toughest military stance possible.
They just want the opposite of whatever Trump is doing. Their flip flopping on N. Korea demonstrates this. When Trump was saber rattling with Kim they wanted diplomacy. Now that there is diplomacy they want Trump to be militaristic.

If Obama had met with Kim he would have received non stop praise for it.

I am not a Trump fan either but I do respect those who disagree often with Trump yet are willing to take a wait and see approach. That is called being a mature adult. Those who just slam Trump no matter what really need some therapy to deal with some serious issues. They have allowed Trump to get into their head.

Old 06-12-2018, 07:32 AM

46,400 posts, read 27,269,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
All the meeting did was make Kim into a good guy. The reactor site was already crippled per dozens of experts.
Trump spent the previous days destroying relations with our allies that he needs to continue support for sanctions. Russia and China get a weakened US presence in Korea with troops just sitting on their asses and no longer able to coordinate their training. Trump got rolled. You know it but can't bring yourself to admit it.

Yes, that one site was still destroyed...are you against that?

When the other countries step up, instead of the United States doing everything for them...have you ever thought about that?

LOL...I spent a total of 5 years in SK, 1999 - 2000 and 2005 - 2009....do you really think all training is going to stop, that has to be one of the dumber statements I've ever heard....really...

We really only do one or 2 SK/United States major joint exercises a year...the rest is just the Army/Air Force conducting regular scheduled training....

The only one who got rolled is you listening to the MSM.....

Old 06-12-2018, 07:34 AM

3,457 posts, read 1,463,619 times
South Korean cheers in the streets because of the de-nuke deal. They are looking forward to this historic change in tone. I can only imagine how they feel after years of fearing their neighbor.

SEOUL: South Koreans erupted in applause Tuesday (Jun 12) as Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un met for what local media billed as the "talks of the century".

As the historic first meeting between a sitting US president and North Korean leader began in Singapore, images of Trump and Kim exchanging handshakes and warm words drew jubilant reactions in Seoul and hopes for a new beginning with Pyongyang.https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...ummit-10423548

Old 06-12-2018, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
You guys are like ostriches. You only read what you want to read and only like living in your own echo chamber. Nothing I can do about that except try to correct you guys and bring some semblance of reality into your lives.

For heaven's sake it is coming out that the Pentagon and SK don't really even know what Trump agreed to as far as ceasing the military exercises.

Such as, what? You feel that kim gained advantage, we don't, you are going off what the MSM is providing with ZERO to back it up other than their words.

That is one exercise, and it will go on, this has been planned for over a year with people coming in from all over the world to participate...it's been paid for, it will happen....ask me how I know....been stationed in SK for 5 years....

Old 06-12-2018, 07:35 AM

18,107 posts, read 27,585,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
What are you talking about?

1) NK is not getting rid of nukes.
2) Our troops are not coming home.
3) No NK citizens are being fed or living better lives.

This was nothing but a chance for Kim to show his people and the world he could stand up to Trump and get him to back off on joint military training.

Nothing else was accomplished.
Do you want us to get our military out of the Korean peninsula?
South Korea and Japan sure don't.

I don't know where the pundits that feed these brainless liberals their talking points get off.

Old 06-12-2018, 07:36 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,990,106 times
It seems we are in a better place with NK then we were say 6 months ago. Thats all I will say for now. That is a good thing. So good job to all of those involved in temporarily haulting the looming war. I know my family in California can probably breath a little easier right now.
The future is still uncertain.

Old 06-12-2018, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
What exactly has he done?

He was an integral part of this SK/NK meeting, even the SK president stated this....

Old 06-12-2018, 07:38 AM

995 posts, read 1,702,292 times
Some would say this is deserving of a Nobel Peace Prize. They have certainly given them out for less.....some have even been given out for absolutely nothing.

Old 06-12-2018, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
South Korean cheers in the streets because of the de-nuke deal. They are looking forward to this historic change in tone. I can only imagine how they feel after years of fearing their neighbor.

SEOUL: South Koreans erupted in applause Tuesday (Jun 12) as Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un met for what local media billed as the "talks of the century".

As the historic first meeting between a sitting US president and North Korean leader began in Singapore, images of Trump and Kim exchanging handshakes and warm words drew jubilant reactions in Seoul and hopes for a new beginning with Pyongyang.https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...ummit-10423548

The left will not confirm or believe this....it just makes the left more mad because trump is moving forward no matter what the MSM says or does....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies