Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2018, 10:56 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,737,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I wouldn't say it has "quickly and quietly" gone away--
Sean Hannity pushed it off the headlines bigly
Then bombing Syria came about
Then Pompeo went to NK and returned alive
Then Trump met w/Abe
Then Karen McDougal's case was settled tonight

That part of the story will come back

The chairman of the FEC under Bush II said he thought it sounded exactly like campaign fraud
Campaign fraud doesn't have to occur with campaign funds--
Although I still wonder if the RNC wasn't paying for some of these payoffs since Cohen was assistant national campaign finance chair--and might still be...
HE hasn't resigned from that position like Broidy did...
Eventually, this will all go away like all the BS before it because it's just more deflection from the left that they still can't accept that Trump won and Clinton lost.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:56 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Unprovable hyperbolic speculation.
Touched a nerve did it?
And I think the choice of "unprovable" is totally ill-chosen and wishful thinking on your part
It has not been established because that is a criminal decision--unless Cohen wants to self-confess
But it certainly can be PROVEN in a court of law when Cohen is charged and tried and evidence of that claim is presented to a jury, who then decides based on the evidence and testimony as to whether he did in fact commit campaign fraud...

Old 04-18-2018, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Dude, hate to burst your thought bubble, but Cohen was the one who outed himself because he was moaning about how Trump had not repaid the money he spent on Daniels's hush money...
The fact that no conservative MSM would run the story isn't OUR fault...
Don't blame us because your side of the media aisle is reluctant to provide their audiences with news of the day...

Ok, your right. you know more than me from all your "reading."

Old 04-18-2018, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Eventually, this will all go away like all the BS before it because it's just more deflection from the left that they still can't accept that Trump won and Clinton lost.
If only you had enough imagination or intelligence to find a new default answer to what is before your eyes and ears...

Old 04-18-2018, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Touched a nerve did it?
And I think the choice of "unprovable" is totally ill-chosen and wishful thinking on your part
It has not been established because that is a criminal decision--unless Cohen wants to self-confess
But it certainly can be PROVEN in a court of law when Cohen is charged and tried and evidence of that claim is presented to a jury, who then decides based on the evidence and testimony as to whether he did in fact commit campaign fraud...
You certainly seemed triggered.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:59 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,638,096 times
Quote:
I'm sure you're praying that it will.

But it won't, and it will start really heating up about 5 weeks before November.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Didn't have to retract this story, which is the one you were just complaining about.
I wasn't complaining about anything. I'm throwing down the facts as they are. You people are just making crap up as they go along with your theories that can be shot down over and over again.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:01 PM

26,578 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Unprovable hyperbolic speculation.
the fact that the payment was made is undisputed. the only other variable is if the payment for daniels' silence was for the benefit of the campaign. since it happened only 11 days before the election it's delusional, IMO, to believe that it wasn't.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Its bank fraud if he didn't state the proper reason for the loan, isn't it?

Getting a HELOC is hard to come by these days. It takes several weeks (around a month) to get approved for one. If you can find an institution that has them. Frankly, its just as easy to refinance today as to get a new HELOC.

Last year I needed a new roof and thought that a HELOC would be a good way to go for financing. It wasn't. I was astounded at what I would have had to go thru to get it and the length of time it would take. Much different than in years past. So I cashed in some investments instead to pay for the roof.

Does he have plenty of money? Not so sure about that. He was heard to complain about not getting reimbursed the $130k. I was very skeptical re his wealth when reading about the HELOC story.

And your paper trail theory is ridiculous. No one can predict the future as you claim.
The bank he used --Republic, I think--was bank that Trump Corp used (among others) and had accounts with
So Cohen likely had a relationship there for himself as a "favored son" of Trump
You know how those things go--
Making money for banks, you often find yourself the recepient of some special favors yourself...

And some of the tightest, cheapest, never pick up the check people I know -- are pretty rich
They just like to keep it...
And another thought--
Cohen was reported as complaining that Trump stiffed him over paying him back for the money for Daniels--
How could Trump do that when Trump didn't know anything about the deal???

Old 04-18-2018, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
the fact that the payment was made is undisputed. the only other variable is if the payment for daniels' silence was for the benefit of the campaign. since it happened only 11 days before the election it's delusional, IMO, to believe that it wasn't.
I'm positive Cohen didn't give it to her because she is such a nice girl. Although, I have heard she is a very nice girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies