Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2018, 09:41 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times

Advertisements

This is something I read yesterday, more and more people are feeling this way.

"Yesterday when I first learned of the FBI raid, I immediately became angry. First, it is very apparent that Muller is out to get Trump any way that he can, of course that has always been the case, but this makes it clearer. Its more apparent that Muller has nothing on Trump, so this raid was conducted to intimidate Mr. Cohen, into giving up something on Trump. The really messed up. Frankly any one with any sense doesn't need to hear this from any news source. Its just common sense that is what is going on.

Now, I never voted for Trump, I didn't like his vulgar ways, that said, I would vote for Trump tomorrow if for no other reason he has been dealt a raw deal, and he is actually doing a good job as this goes on."
-- Richard B.

Old 04-10-2018, 09:42 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,760,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yet to date, and after over a year long investigation nothing illegal was found but you still parrot the media who is part of the collusion. This is something I read yesterday, more and more people are feeling this way.

"Yesterday when I first learned of the FBI raid, I immediately became angry. First, it is very apparent that Muller is out to get Trump any way that he can, of course that has always been the case, but this makes it clearer. Its more apparent that Muller has nothing on Trump, so this raid was conducted to intimate Mr. Cohen, into giving up something on Trump. The really messed up. Frankly any one with any sense doesn't need to hear this from any news source. Its just common sense that is what is going on. Now, I never voted fro Trump, I didn't like his vulgar ways, that said, I would vote for Trump tomorrow if for no other reason he has been dealt a raw deal, and he is actually doing a good job as this goes on."
-- Richard
I am from NYC. I live here. I don't need to Parrot anyone. I have watched Trump operate all my adult life. The man is a crook. Period. That's fine. That's who we elected. We don't need the "deep state" to tell us that. Matter of fact, Trump has nobody to blame but himself. This is politics. If you can't handle it you shouldn't run for office.....

Old 04-10-2018, 09:46 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,760,601 times
Quote:
Tell me what he did in your own words? and where is the evidence? After over a year of investigating why didn't they impeach and arrest him?
When president you are under a microscope. Anybody knows that. Even a celebrity understands that. I never said I want anyone arrested for nothing. If he is dirty then it should be exposed. Since he is dirty it will be exposed. If he worked with the Russian intelligence apparatus that's TREASON. Period. I hope that wasn't the case. Somewhere Kenn Starr is crying.....

Old 04-10-2018, 09:51 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
When president you are under a microscope. Anybody knows that. Even a celebrity understands that. I never said I want anyone arrested for nothing. If he is dirty then it should be exposed. Since he is dirty it will be exposed. If he worked with the Russian intelligence apparatus that's TREASON. Period. I hope that wasn't the case. Somewhere Kenn Starr is crying.....
I agree, if someone is found guilty of wrongdoing they should be exposed and punished but that doesn't happen. It's more like when an election doesn't go as they want, they target the winner and cry for impeachment, so how long will they investigate especially not finding anything after over a year?

By the way, you've made claims in previous post but when asked for the evidence you don't respond.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:02 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstooth View Post
Fifth Amendment to the Constitution which provides that "No person....shall be compelled to be a witness against himself," applied to state courts by the 14th Amendment. MAGA

If after their pardon they move to nice red state blue state subpoenas, indictments etc..don't mean squat.

I'm sure Pro Trump red states will tell the Lib Blue states to take a hike; so they'll be safe for Trumps 2 terms in office.

Interstate Extradition in the United States

US Custody Fugitive ExtraditionEvery State of the United States has legal authority regarding people present within its boundaries. A State does not have authority over a person present in another State. For example: If a person is wanted for a crime committed in Illinois is found in Florida, an arrest can only legally be made by Florida law enforcement personnel.

To legally arrest a person wanted for criminal activity who is found in a state other than where the crime was committed and return that individual to the state charging the crime, there must be cooperation between the two states. There is a two-step legal process for this to happen. The first step is the issuance of an interstate arrest warrant. The second step is extradition

To legally arrest a person wanted for criminal activity who is found in a state other than where the crime was committed and return that individual to the state charging the crime, there must be cooperation between the two states.
Extradition happens every day in every state, are you trying to say that there is some elaborate hoax and that certain states won't honor extradition warrants from certain other states? If so you probably should rethink that. The Extradition Clause in the US Constitution requires states, upon demand of another state, to deliver a fugitive from justice who has committed a "treason, felony or other crime" to the state from which the fugitive has fled. 18 U.S.C. § 3182 sets the process by which an executive of a state, district, or territory of the United States must arrest and turn over a fugitive from another state, district, or territory.
The only exceptions that I am aware of are that Florida, Alaska and Hawaii will not extradite for a misdemeanor unless the receiving state bears the costs.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:28 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,432,624 times
This thread isn't about Hillary. Move on.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:38 PM

1,196 posts, read 839,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You do know that if they give you a pardon that you accept you can in fact be forced to testify as you are no longer a witness against yourself. Right?

You really dont know this constitution stuff as well as you seem to think you do.
https://supreme.justia.com/cases/fed.../150/case.html

and

BURDICK v. US | FindLaw

Trump Pardon would make you Immune from federal crimes but you can still take the fifth and refuse to testify because your testimony may incriminate you as to other crimes of which you have not been charged or convicted or pardoned like crimes under state law which the POTUS cannot pardon Maga

Old 04-10-2018, 10:43 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,903,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstooth View Post
Trump Pardon would make you Immune from federal crimes but you can still take the fifth and refuse to testify because your testimony may incriminate you as to other crimes of which you have not been charged or convicted or pardoned like crimes under state law which the POTUS cannot pardon Maga
I would think that the questions you were asked would make all the difference

Old 04-10-2018, 10:53 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,820,848 times
Quote:
FBI raids offices of Trump's personal lawyer, Michael Cohen
While one politician gets away with wrong doing, (you or me would be fired and or put in jail) our principal law enforcement agency investigates another for over a year yet find nothing, goes fishing, desperate to find something.

This makes me believe that yes, maybe there is truth that some of our citizens (African Americans) are being targeted by police the same as Trump is being targeted.
And Michael Cohen is flipping.

Old 04-10-2018, 11:04 PM

1,196 posts, read 839,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Extradition happens every day in every state, are you trying to say that there is some elaborate hoax and that certain states won't honor extradition warrants from certain other states? If so you probably should rethink that. The Extradition Clause in the US Constitution requires states, upon demand of another state, to deliver a fugitive from justice who has committed a "treason, felony or other crime" to the state from which the fugitive has fled. 18 U.S.C. § 3182 sets the process by which an executive of a state, district, or territory of the United States must arrest and turn over a fugitive from another state, district, or territory.
The only exceptions that I am aware of are that Florida, Alaska and Hawaii will not extradite for a misdemeanor unless the receiving state bears the costs.

18 U.S.C. § 3182 would have to be enforced by feds under Trump's control; he'll just take a play
out of Obama's playbook like when Obama Decided Which Laws To Enforce & Which To Ignore -Constitution and states rights be damned Maga
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies