Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2018, 05:32 AM

936 posts, read 825,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geofan View Post
Killing attorney-client privilege because they want to find more about the Stormy Daniels issue?
What client-attorney privilege? You must be joking.

Trump said he knew nothing about the $130,000 payment to Stormy. (A lie, of course) According to Trump, Cohen just likes to hand out $130k checks to hookers for no reason at all. There was no client-attorney relationship.

Let's face it: Trump is about to become entangled and ensnared in his lies.

"I did not have sex with that woman." Ring any bells?

Old 04-11-2018, 06:06 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,319,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDM66 View Post
What client-attorney privilege? You must be joking.

Trump said he knew nothing about the $130,000 payment to Stormy. (A lie, of course) According to Trump, Cohen just likes to hand out $130k checks to hookers for no reason at all. There was no client-attorney relationship.

Let's face it: Trump is about to become entangled and ensnared in his lies.

"I did not have sex with that woman." Ring any bells?
Trump threw Cohen under the bus when he said he didn't know anything about the Stormy payment which puts Cohen in a position of backing up Trump's lie or facing disbarment for acting in a client's name without his knowledge. I'm betting he's not too upset about the FBI taking his records and for the truth to come out.

Old 04-11-2018, 06:09 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Trump is panicking about the FBI finding out information. Cohen seems chill.

Trump has no clue how the FBI culls information, protest attorney client privilege etc. Cohen does.

Either Cohen is bluffing or he knows there is nothing there and he isn't worried.

Old 04-11-2018, 06:40 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,023,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
But he's not authorized to do that.
Any investigator finds evidence of any crime he is obligated to pass it along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geofan View Post
Killing attorney-client privilege because they want to find more about the Stormy Daniels issue? If there is no damning information that justifies this it will obviously backfire on Mueller and his team. What does this have to do with investigating "Russia interference"? It´s absurd. Whether you like him or not Trump is right when he says this is a witch hunt.
A crime is a crime is a crime. Doesn't matter what it is related to. Stop trying to make excuses for criminal behavior.

If people are innocent the courts will find them innocent. If they're not... that's their own faults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstooth View Post
I think the media talking heads may be on to something

Mueller wants get paid and come out being The Liberals Hero.

Mueller has nothing on Trump he can't come out and say I tried but I got nothing on Trump.

If he did democrats would crucify him- no million $ book deals,no $200,000 a pop speaking fees,
no multi-million $ salaried no show jobs at some lib corp/law firm, no chance at a grandiose Lib political office.

The only way he can get paid and become a hero to the democrats is to get Trump to fire him before he has to close his Russian Collusion Witch Hunt with only low hanging fruit to show for it and nada on Trump.

And Trump isn't going to fire himMAGA
Why does a republican care about democrat approval?

As a career investigator, he believes in the rule of law, as do his fellow investigators. Doesn't matter who you are, you're not immune to them.

Old 04-11-2018, 06:51 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,332,087 times
Looks like Stormy and the other women he fooled around with, is doing more damage than the Russians.

Old 04-11-2018, 06:52 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,018,075 times
It was interesting to read Mr. Cohen's* statement about how the FBI were courteous towards him during the raid, to wit;

"I am unhappy to have my personal residence and office raided. But I will tell you that members of the FBI that conducted the search and seizure were all extremely professional, courteous and respectful. And I thanked them at the conclusion," Michael Cohen told CNN in an interview on Tuesday.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...eaction-514072

It could be, as noted by another, that Mr. Cohen is not worried about the outcome, because he knows there is nothing in the seized files that incriminate him or Mr. Trump.

It could be that he had decided some weeks ago to 'get rid' of any potential incriminating evidence.

Or, it could be that he had known that feces would hit the fan someday, and is rather glad that the anticipation is over.

I do wonder if Mr. Cohen will become a cooperative witness. I had wondered before about how, to make the $130,000 payment to Ms. Daniels (via a shell corporation), he had to borrow against his mortgage. It struck me that he was perhaps not as well paid by Mr. Trump as one could desire, or even that Mr. Trump still owes him quite a bit of money for services rendered in the past.

Anyway, hopefully Mr. Cohen's calm demeanor will settle down Mr. Trump. Indeed, Mr. Cohen's statement may have been calculated to calm the President, whom apparently imagined FBI agents blasting through the door with battering rams and strip-searching Mr. Cohen.

*Every photograph I see of Mr. Cohen reminds me of how Gomer Pyle would look if Gomer were just informed that he was to be the attorney for the President of the United States.

Old 04-11-2018, 06:53 AM

1,548 posts, read 1,196,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Trump threw Cohen under the bus when he said he didn't know anything about the Stormy payment which puts Cohen in a position of backing up Trump's lie or facing disbarment for acting in a client's name without his knowledge. I'm betting he's not too upset about the FBI taking his records and for the truth to come out.
He screwed himself too by claiming he knew nothing of Cohen's payment to Daniels. If it's true that a client is unaware of his/her attorney's actions, then client-attorney privilege does not apply and all bets are off. They can go after any evidence they can find without protection of the client-atty privilege.

Cohen is now a patsy and fall guy for Trump. If he thinks Trump is going to protect him or remain loyal to him, he is due for the biggest betrayal of his life.

This whole thing is extraordinarily riveting and entertaining to witness. This will be recorded as the most scandalous, shameful, divisive, and embarrassing presidential administration in American history. Nixon previously held that dubious honor, now being spectacularly trumped by Trump & Co.

Karma is definitely a Biotch. If you don't believe that what goes around, comes around - you are now seeing it unfold minute by minute before your very eyes. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy.

Last edited by BijouBaby; 04-11-2018 at 07:35 AM..

Old 04-11-2018, 06:56 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,466,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Trump is Cohen's only client. Just imagine what they're going to discover as they go through the muck of his finances.

Why do you think Trump is so panicked?
LOL!

More than likely anything Cohen has done to skirt the law, was done on behalf of his client. He has been living very well as a soldier for Trump.

Old 04-11-2018, 07:04 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,903,112 times
It was interesting that Sarah could not say if Cohen was still the attorney for POTUS yesterday

That should be an issue that Trump and Cohen have discussed and made a decision
There IS still a "live" court case in play w/the Daniels suit

Old 04-11-2018, 07:09 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BijouBaby View Post
Cohen is now a patsy and fall guy for Trump. If he thinks Trump is going to protect him or remain loyal to him, he is due for the biggest betrayal of his life. ...
Given the way Cohen immediately went public with how courteous and respectful the agents were, I suspect Cohen has already come to that conclusion.

Remember, he has dealt with Trump for decades and likely has a fair idea of his M.O.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies