Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 05:38 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
If/when the U.S attacks Syria I will root for Syria because they are my favorite Muslim country and Assad is one of my favorite leaders in world history. I value secularism and have a deep and intense hatred towards radical Islam. I appreciate that Assad is one of the only secular leaders left in the Middle East (sadly the U.S got rid of the others). I am thankful that Assad fought off ISIS. Perhaps the greatest thing about Assad is he is protective of the Syrian Christian minority.

but but but...he uses chemical weapons on his own people you say. First of all it's a total lie...a false flag to get us into war. Even if I don't believe it I personally wouldn't mind him using chemical weapons on certain factions. For example any group or individual who tries to change Syria from the wonderful secular country it is today to an Islamic state.

Would anyone else here cheer on Syria against the USA? Of course if/when Syria gets attacked Russia will protect them which will likely cause WW3. This whole thing is horrible and its not getting enough attention considering how serious this is.

How do you know that it is a 'lie' that Assad used chemical weapons on his own people?

Yesterday, the National Security Council at the UN had a proposed, US-backed, resolution that would have, in part, established an independent commission to investigate who was responsible for the gas attack.

Russia vetoed said resolution (joined by Bolivia).

Russia vetoes US resolution on Syria gas attack | Fox News

Why would Russia do that? If this were a 'false flag' operation committed by one of the rebel groups, one would think Russia (and Assad) would welcome such an investigation.

As for any USA attack on Syria: Remember when President Trump had criticized others for 'telegraphing' their intent to attack?

A tweet from Mr. Trump this very morning:

"Russia vows to shoot down any and all missiles fired at Syria. Get ready Russia, because they will be coming, nice and new and “smart!” You shouldn’t be partners with a Gas Killing Animal who kills his people and enjoys it!"

Nice of the President to give Mr. Putin early warning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2018, 05:55 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I dont think we should be in the “regime change” business at all.
That. ^ Times infinity.

Old 04-11-2018, 06:01 AM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
We are the bad guys when compared to a ruthless dictator with blood and gas all over his hands?

Dear Lord.....
how many has the US killed vs. Syria? That the dictator wears a nice suit and professes to lead a christian nation doesnt change what it has been doing abroad. You've been duped.

Old 04-11-2018, 06:04 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
If/when the U.S attacks Syria I will root for Syria because they are my favorite Muslim country and Assad is one of my favorite leaders in world history. I value secularism and have a deep and intense hatred towards radical Islam. I appreciate that Assad is one of the only secular leaders left in the Middle East (sadly the U.S got rid of the others). I am thankful that Assad fought off ISIS. Perhaps the greatest thing about Assad is he is protective of the Syrian Christian minority.

but but but...he uses chemical weapons on his own people you say. First of all it's a total lie...a false flag to get us into war. Even if I don't believe it I personally wouldn't mind him using chemical weapons on certain factions. For example any group or individual who tries to change Syria from the wonderful secular country it is today to an Islamic state.

Would anyone else here cheer on Syria against the USA? Of course if/when Syria gets attacked Russia will protect them which will likely cause WW3. This whole thing is horrible and its not getting enough attention considering how serious this is.
Syria, is not a Muslim country. It is one of 2 left, that are not totally Sharia ruled.

Old 04-11-2018, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
How do you know that it is a 'lie' that Assad used chemical weapons on his own people?

Yesterday, the National Security Council at the UN had a proposed, US-backed, resolution that would have, in part, established an independent commission to investigate who was responsible for the gas attack.

Russia vetoed said resolution (joined by Bolivia).

Russia vetoes US resolution on Syria gas attack | Fox News

Why would Russia do that? If this were a 'false flag' operation committed by one of the rebel groups, one would think Russia (and Assad) would welcome such an investigation.

As for any USA attack on Syria: Remember when President Trump had criticized others for 'telegraphing' their intent to attack?

A tweet from Mr. Trump this very morning:

"Russia vows to shoot down any and all missiles fired at Syria. Get ready Russia, because they will be coming, nice and new and “smart!” You shouldn’t be partners with a Gas Killing Animal who kills his people and enjoys it!"

Nice of the President to give Mr. Putin early warning.
how do you know there was even a "chemical attack"? Stop your partisan excuse making.

Old 04-11-2018, 06:49 AM

35,081 posts, read 31,313,313 times
It's not our business. We cannot be the world's white knight. Stay out of it.

Old 04-11-2018, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
It's not our business. We cannot be the world's white knight. Stay out of it.
Agree and we never were. American actions have killed and maimed millions. Americans need to lose the holier than thou opinion of themselves.

Old 04-11-2018, 07:16 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:

Syria had a population of about 22 Million people in 2011 - basically about 10% of them were Christian of a variety of Sects, another 11-12% were Alawite (Assad's Religion/Sect) which was declared as Shiite years ago so that they could form an Alliance with Iran. Christians were about 30% of the population with the remaining 70% some form of Islam. "Secular" in the Mid-East basically means that the Government Constitution is not ruled by Religion. Syria is certainly (and never was) the most "secular" country in the Mid East - that would probably be Lebanon ...... although it is sliding fast toward Shiite/Iran domination. Assad is the head of the ruling Party in Syria - the Ba'ath Party, the same Ba'ath Party that Saddam Hussein led. Religions/Sects are aligned with Political Parties in the Mid-East. There is no correlation to that in our System - in Lebanon there are 18 recognized "Sects" (Religion/Political Parties) in their Constitution.

This is the Man you so admire:

Bashar al-Assad (the Butcher of Damascus) doesn't care at all about any Religion - he is a Military Dictator, just as his Father was. Estimates today of the Death Toll in Syria since his War against the People of Syria began is 400,000 - he certainly beat his Daddy's number of about 20,000. Basically 1/2 the Population of Syria is Displaced - about 13 Million people. Half hiding somewhere in Syria & Half as Refugees.

Western Media call this a "Civil War", Mid-East Media (who have a clearer understanding) call it an "Uprising or Conflict" - The Syrian civil war, also known as the Syrian uprising or Syrian crisis (Arabic: الأزمة السورية), is an ongoing armed conflict in Syria. It is a conflict between forces of the Ba'ath government and forces who want to remove this government. ... Protesters in Syria demanded the resignation of President Bashar al-Assad.
It's a Struggle for both Power & Survival - the Survival of Bashar al-Assad and Hezbollah in Lebanon and the POWER of both Russia & Iran.

Syrian Civil War Fast Facts |CNN March 2018

Why Syrian President Assad is considered a war criminal |USA Today - April 2017
color=purple]
~ Chemical Weapons
~ Barrel Bombs
~ Torture
~ Starvation
~ Destruction

(I would add Genocide, using Tanks and Fighter planes against the population)[/color]

Bashar al-Assad's War Crimes | NewYorker - April 2016

VIENNA (Reuters) - The U.N. Commission of Inquiry on Syria has gathered enough evidence for President Bashar al-Assad to be convicted of war crimes, a prominent member of the commission, Carla del Ponte, said in remarks published on Sunday. |Reuters 2017

I guess it's not all that "rare" for people to support a Military Dictator, a man who is ultimately responsible for the deaths of 400,000 people & the displacement of over Half the Syrian Population. A man who uses Sarin Gas on his own people and has bombed Historic Cities to rubble in his own County. There are certainly those in Syria that support The Butcher of Damascus, I guess I always think that those in the USA that support this carnage - do it for some very strange Political reason.

Old 04-11-2018, 07:49 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,591 times
Quote:

First of all, I don't think that Assad performed chemical attack. I tend to think that it was a provocation.
Second, Nevertheless, Assad is a war criminal that performed heinous crimes against his own people. A decent person will never support this kind of leader against USA.

Did you ever visit Syria? Do you speak Arabic? Did you hear about Mohabarat?

Old 04-11-2018, 07:59 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Jay F, I can now see why you were kicked off of Breitbart. Assad is one of your favorite world leaders?

Last edited by Timmyy; 04-11-2018 at 09:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies