Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 07:16 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
[/b]

Nice try... But I put my support behind experience, policies and ideologies- the sex of the candidate is immaterial to me.
And that would be most of us but OP insinuates women should fall in line supporting other women just because they are women.

Doesn't make sense to me either.

Hillary was the Mother of Vote for me because I'm a woman .

Old 04-13-2018, 07:34 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Well, I agree when it comes to corporate America anyway. I do not understand women that go around saying how they hate to work for other women. We need MORE women managers - not less.

Mostly it was women who helped me climb the career ladder.

So that irks me.

That said ~ I have no intention of voting for a Sarah Palin just because she is female.
Exactly what I meant.

I think it's great for women to help each other, but I absolutely draw the line at voting for a woman with whom I disagree about damn near everything just because she is a woman.

As far as the workplace goes, I have seen women be very petty and catty with each other, but I suspect had I worked in a business staffed mostly by men, I would have seen some pretty rotten behavior, too. Generally speaking, when ANY group of employees selects a scapegoat to abuse, it's because they feel powerless and are trying to regain some sense of control. Picking on the "low" man or woman on the totem pole is a lot safer than confronting management, and in the worst workplaces, management knows this and takes full advantage.

Old 04-13-2018, 08:20 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishim View Post
One big issue among women is how we don't support each other as we should. We can have our disagreements, but so often it hinders us in our ability to stand united in our fight against sexism/patriarchy/misogyny etc. even going so far as women will take the side of men. It's a real shame, as we all could get along and make a strong united front. All the while men laugh at us and "Just how women are" when they see us fighting amongst ourselves. Surely we can do better.

More and more women are taking positions in government and politics and addressing issues about women's health, body and issues. As women, we really need to stop bickering and all the infighting and work on positive changes so as to not make the mistakes men have made such as war, poverty, climate change, violence etc.

A man-hater's call to arms?

Not buying it!

The truth is that the often referenced war between the sexes that was supposed to have taken place in the 1970s never really happened and never will because procreation, on so many levels, is necessarily a cooperative endeavor.

If you like, you can wage your own sneering war of disgust on the opposite sex, but all that you will win is the alienation of the people you most need on your side.

To this end, the wandering intellectual patchwork of traditional feminism never addresses the fact that individuals are first and foremost individuals pursuing their own individual dreams.

Such an acknowledgement, though certainly true, would necessarily define the man-hating feminist movement as a struggle without an underlying cause.

For most of us, our dreams center around a relationship with a member of the opposite sex and the children produced by such a union.

Those that get in the way of individuals pursuing their dream for a loving family will be, as they always have been, cast aside.

Don't be deceived by the apparent traction the #metoo movement is currently receiving.

Women collectively demanding to be protected is nothing new in our species and neither is the neurotic expression of suppressed and denied wants and desires.

Understanding where these mass accusations in search of one to accuse comes from, I make every effort to keep my critical judgement of the opposite sex in check since the unchanging rules we must all obey, though different for each sex, are enforced uniformly by nature and she is one stern *****!

As for being laughed at, yes, men laugh at women, but we also laugh at ourselves.

The difference here is that men tend to take more and greater risks in life (we are disposable, even to ourselves) and one of the things we risk is being mocked, ridiculed and laughed at, so we have experience in this and perhaps a greater tolerance.

No surprise here that almost all successful stand-up comedians are male or that within the stand-up comedian subculture, "Chicks ain't funny!" is the accepted rule seeking exceptions.

Certainly a female that demands protection would also demand that she not be laughed at, in person or type, since that would be an unacceptable consequence for the risk-avoiding protected sex.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:26 AM

38 posts, read 34,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Everyone puts themselves/family/friends before the common person. As they should. I’m not going to throw over my family for strangers.
It shouldn't be at the cost of others though. Just look how throughout history men have been ones to create powerful families and screw everyone else.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:27 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I’m still trying to figure out how a woman politician can have so little respect for women that she think that in this country they vote the way their husband “forced” them to. Does she really think the only two possible motivations for their choice in who they cast their vote for is someone who shares their gender or someone who their husband wants? It’s insulting.

Maybe you see yourself as a strong , independent woman, but there are a whole lot of women whose husband rules the roost, and they go along with whatever he says. Anyone who denies it has not opened their eyes. That is why there are so many women who are abused and who think that is the way life is.

I worked with one. Nicest girl in the world, but she would come to work with suspicious black and blue marks, and even a broken rib one time. Some of us held an intervention, and it went right over her head. When we told her she didn't need to live like that, her response was "Oh, I do things to make him mad, so some of it is my fault too" !

That might be a drastic example, but a lot of women, especially older women, tend to let "him make the decisions". Younger women may tend to be more confident and worldly though.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:49 AM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times
As long as the churches that teach women are not to be leaders in the congregation are filled with women, we will have women who think men are better than women.

I haven't seen any Catholic, Southern Baptist and Mormon sanctuaries empty and for sale.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:52 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
L Women can be be petty, bickering, back stabbing, husband stealing, mean girl bullies to other women.

Men do all the same things. They just have different words for them that sound like positive attributes.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:54 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I vote based on the issues. I will not vote for anyone based on their sex alone.
Exactly.

Old 04-13-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
a lot of women, especially older women, tend to let "him make the decisions". Younger women may tend to be more confident and worldly though.
Women are alone in the voting booth where they can practice a bit of rebellion by voting for whomever they like. It's their little secret. Older women initiate divorce more than men, by the way.

I think men voted for Hillary (or pretended to) because they knew they'd never get laid if they didn't.

Old 04-13-2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
A room full of Men in general can get along and agree much better than a room full of women. You probably don't understand why your sisters didn't all vote for Hillary. The women I know wonder why the hell any woman would vote for Hillary.
Men are team players which is why they can put aside their emotions to achieve a common goal. I've always found that impressive. Very difficult for women to do that. Of course there are exceptions to every rule.

I'm an educated, middle-aged, white woman who didn't vote for Hillary. I knew her history. "Those who forget history are condemned to repeat it."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies