Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2018, 09:44 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I used to found Alex Jones to be "well... interesting".

But now, I feel he is nothing but a troll. It seems to me that he is only interested in one thing; scamming enough people into believing his conspiracy theories so they will send him more money.

He’s found a business model that works. However, I think this time, he crossed the line.
It is only a Theory, if MSM doesn't run it. It becomes a Conspiracy, once MSM gets involved.

Old 04-19-2018, 09:49 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Exaggerate much? Is this 2022?
Jone set the record straight years ago.
You people going off hearsay on the issue, are making some bold statements, that don't fit what actually occurred.
Set what record straight "years ago."

This lawsuit is about statements made LAST YEAR.

Old 04-19-2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Because I would love to see him taken to the financial cleaners. And the employment of the arguments you are making would hasten that occurrence.

(
Frivolous lawsuits are the only way you can hit him financially, not realizing Tort and Slap Back law. That is petty and shallow.
6 thrown out and slap back suits filed with 7 more to go. Sanctions pay for all of Alex Jones legal fees and then some to keep them from filing another.

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-19-2018 at 10:41 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 04-19-2018, 09:51 AM

3,321 posts, read 1,100,613 times
Quote:
It is only a Theory, if MSM doesn't run it. It becomes a Conspiracy, once MSM gets involved.
Lolololololololol.

So basically Schrödinger's cat.

Old 04-19-2018, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Show starts in 20 minutes... I catch Alex daily and have for years. He use to be on the local Access Channel 10, back in the 90's and into Bush's reign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXdCJZAkpv8
Doesn't answer the question regarding what was "redacted."

Old 04-19-2018, 09:55 AM

Quote:
The quotes are right there in the pleadings, hoss.
Quote:
You said it was a quote, not I.

A quote is taken from the whole. an edit.
Quote:
This is a bunch of gobbledygook.

Don't lose self control, I like having you around.

Old 04-19-2018, 09:59 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times
Quote:
You are responsible for your lack of self control. Yes, how was your vacation, for your actions? You must have been a victim of an evil person to make you do that.
I would not get too vindictive, or another vacation may be in your near future.

Frivolous lawsuits are the only way you can hit him financially, not realizing Tort and Slap Back law. That is petty and shallow.
6 thrown out and slap back suits filed with 7 more to go. Sanctions pay for all of Alex Jones legal fees and then some to keep them from filing another.
If the only way you can try to win arguments is to goad people into getting suspended, that's on you. People can draw their own conclusions as to the merits of posters' respective arguments when one poster has to resort to those types of tactics.

But getting back to the topic at hand... this lawsuit is far from frivolous and I look forward to seeing him ruined financially and removed from the airwaves because he is radioactive to any producer or sponsor. SLAPP doesn't apply here, nevermind sanctions for frivolity. Not even close.

What's interesting is that you claim that Jones's statements have already been "redacted" but also claim that the lawsuit is subject to anti-SLAPP. If the original article needed to be edited due to incorrect content (as you claim), anti-SLAPP could not apply. Ruminate on that.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Set what record straight "years ago."

This lawsuit is about statements made LAST YEAR.
Said last year, same as this.... Today he will be talking about Sandy Hook, because other people in media keep bringing it up. Taking an edit from the entire show... Jones said this....

They can take a small snip-it from the show today and say he said the same thing. Cutting all the words leading and after the snipped quote.

Watch his show today. You will find all kind of places you can pull a small verbal sentence and frame it as something it isn't. It is called deception. Show starting now, with Owen hosting.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:04 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times
Quote:
Said last year, same as this.... Today he will be talking about Sandy Hook, because other people in media keep bringing it up. Taking an edit from the entire show... Jones said this....

They can take a small snip-it from the show today and say he said the same thing. Cutting all the words leading and after the snipped quote.
If you read the pleadings, they expressly address both the quotes and the context. Frankly, Jones would be better off with isolated quotes alone because the context is more damning.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:11 AM

Quote:

Watch his show today. You will find all kind of places you can pull a small verbal sentence and frame it as something it isn't. It is called deception. Show starting now, with Owen hosting.
Sorry, I'm not falling for the nonsense that everything is a conspiracy.

This is just like the BS that many Trump supporters try to pull when he says something stupid.
They either claim that the actual live presentation of his words was edited or that he didn't mean what he clearly said.

I don't filter what I hear through some lens of conspiracy as apparently others do.
What was said last year is what was said last year.
You or Mr. Jones now claiming otherwise is not going to make that go away.

BTW, since Mr. Jones now believes that Sandy Hook wasn't a hoax, does that mean that you (now) believe it actually occurred too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies