Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 10:38 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,699,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Neither. Perhaps you could enlighten me what the hell you're talking about?
I don't spoon feed American History or English. Seek a local tutor or translator.

Do it and get back with us.

However in the interest of cooperation I'll take the request and review it. Hold your breath, I'll BRB.

Last edited by phma; 04-25-2018 at 10:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2018, 10:51 AM

10,537 posts, read 6,185,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I don't teach American History or English. Seek a local tutor or translator.
So you can't even explain your own posts?

How do you expect me to decipher them then?

Alright, I'll give it a go. Here's what you wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
We know how the left hates it when the right doesn't lay down for them like they have traditionally.

Get used to it. That crap is over.
Here's the best way I can interpret it:

In the past, the right laid down for the left.
In the future, the right won't be doing that.

Is that it? Because that's all I've got.

I can't remember the right laying down for the left myself, but okay.

Now perhaps you can explain how this relates to Bentlebees made up story about the left making 'viscous' attacks on the French President due to his accent?

Old 04-25-2018, 11:03 AM

20,802 posts, read 8,632,921 times
Rush mentioned that Macron has tanking approval ratings in France. Anyone think Sarkozy will be back?

I'd like to see the Sarkozys meeting the Trumps at the White House. Mrs Sarkozy (nee Carla Bruni) and Melania were models around the same time and Trump said he dated her. She denied it. I wonder if she was the model Trump was fixed up with that night but saw Melania sitting next to whoever that model was and said, "What about her?" The rest is history!

Old 04-25-2018, 11:05 AM

20,802 posts, read 8,632,921 times
Quote:
Now perhaps you can explain how this relates to Bentlebees made up story about the left making 'viscous' attacks on the French President due to his accent?
This is why you should never depend on spell check.

Old 04-25-2018, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
This is why you should never depend on spell check.
? ? ?

It's like talking in riddles with you guys half the time.

Old 04-25-2018, 11:09 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,299,514 times
Quote:
What on earth is going on in your head that you constantly invent this garbage nonsense about 'the left'?

You have such seething hatred of half your own country people, I wonder how you can stand to live here.
I don't get it either, and it is not just 'the left' or Trump's approvals wouldn't suck. The Trump cult write literally post after post trying to convince the majority of the country that does not like and/or disapproves of Trump that they actually do like him. Pretty amusing--practicing hypnotism?

If the majority of the country actually did respect and like Trump, the fan club wouldn't really need to to spend all their time promoting him in an attempt to make him look better would they? The only logic I see coming out of this is that the fanboys trying to make the other fanboys feel better about a president that the majority of the country does not respect or like.

Hey--I like Macron, I like Merkel, I like Trudeau. But just because they play Trump like a flute, doesn't make me respect him. I just think--oh look at the smart world leaders playing Trump. And that is the point--as long as Trump thinks they adore him, he gives them whatever they want and they let him think it was his idea.

You can stand that bozo next to the most intelligent and good looking men in the world, and he still looks and acts like Trump. Sad!

Old 04-25-2018, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I don't get it either, and it is not just 'the left' or Trump's approvals wouldn't suck. The Trump cult write literally post after post trying to convince the majority of the country that does not like and/or disapproves of Trump that they actually do like him. Pretty amusing--practicing hypnotism?

If the majority of the country actually did respect and like Trump, the fan club wouldn't really need to to spend all their time promoting him in an attempt to make him look better would they? The only logic I see coming out of this is that the fanboys trying to make the other fanboys feel better about a president that the majority of the country does not respect or like.

Hey--I like Macron, I like Merkel, I like Trudeau. But just because they play Trump like a flute, doesn't make me respect him. I just think--oh look at the smart world leaders playing Trump. And that is the point--as long as Trump thinks they adore him, he gives them whatever they want and they let him think it was his idea.

You can stand that bozo next to the most intelligent and good looking men in the world, and he still looks and acts like Trump. Sad!
It's a good strategy. It works.

Old 04-25-2018, 11:34 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,928,237 times
Quote:
It's a good strategy. It works.
And thank goodness for it, for the sake of the free world...

Old 04-25-2018, 11:38 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,928,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Trump has touched Macron since he arrived more than he has touched his wife this whole year. Very weird bro-mance.
Yes, indeed - lots of enthusiastic huggy-huggy-kissy-kissy going on, well beyond the usual French double-peck on the cheeks.

Yet Trump ignored Madame Macron as he frequently does Melania, leaving her to exit the car alone upon the Macrons' arrival, while he pounced on her husband and got all lovey-dovey, with a stone-faced Melania standing by. Eventually Mme. Macron made her way to Melania and the two ladies formally embraced.

Sad. And it does raise questions.

Old 04-25-2018, 11:53 AM

39,109 posts, read 51,340,810 times
I've been reading excerpts from Macron's speech to joint session of congress. "There is no Planet-B". Can we just dispense with the constitution and let this guy be our president too until the next election?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies