Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 08:09 AM

17,021 posts, read 12,626,185 times

Advertisements

So no shares are 57 cents earn a dollar in 2021?

Am I reading it correct?

Old 05-03-2018, 08:20 AM

5,937 posts, read 4,709,014 times
Keep in mind that impeachment is a purely political process. And it will take a lot for politicians to defect for a conviction to occur.

Impeachment is the act of bringing charges against the President. That could happen if democrats take back the House and if it is a battle they want to take up. Conviction in the Senate would require 67 Senators. As least 17 would have to defect (if democrats managed to pick up 1 seat, which is a stretch).

As a democrat, I'd honestly take the "won't get impeached" wager. Not because I think Trump is actually innocent. But the burden of proof is on the prosecution. And it will take a lot to tie Trump to wrongdoing with collusion.

All bets are off though if Mueller finds the President guilty of some other crime though.

Old 05-03-2018, 08:26 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,101,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
Keep in mind that impeachment is a purely political process. And it will take a lot for politicians to defect for a conviction to occur.

Impeachment is the act of bringing charges against the President. That could happen if democrats take back the House and if it is a battle they want to take up. Conviction in the Senate would require 67 Senators. As least 17 would have to defect (if democrats managed to pick up 1 seat, which is a stretch).

As a democrat, I'd honestly take the "won't get impeached" wager. Not because I think Trump is actually innocent. But the burden of proof is on the prosecution. And it will take a lot to tie Trump to wrongdoing with collusion.

All bets are off though if Mueller finds the President guilty of some other crime though.
You are postulating that in the face of irrefutable evidence of a crime, the GOP would step up and force the president to be accountable.

Frankly, with this Republican party, I doubt that would happen, no matter what Mueller uncovers. Party before country is the modern GOP's credo.

Old 05-03-2018, 09:03 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,116,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You are postulating that in the face of irrefutable evidence of a crime, the GOP would step up and force the president to be accountable.

Frankly, with this Republican party, I doubt that would happen, no matter what Mueller uncovers. Party before country is the modern GOP's credo.

Is this why the Dem party defends Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, Robert Kennedy, Bob Menende etc?

Old 05-03-2018, 09:14 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,154,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
So no shares are 57 cents earn a dollar in 2021?

Am I reading it correct?
Correct.

Old 05-03-2018, 09:22 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,680,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Since liberals know that Trump is going to get impeached, they should buy shares betting on his impeachment in his first term. They can easily more than double their money on this one.

PredictIt : Will Donald Trump be impeached in his first term?

Let us all know how many shares you purchased, liberals.
Ya got me.

My neighbor is a Trump supporter and she agreed to make me her famous pecan pie if Trump get's impeached so I'm really hoping for it. On the other hand, I have to bring her a double plate of my famous gingersnaps which my granddaughters will kill for.

So, tough call.
I hope Trump get's impeached. I'd hate to burn my granddaughters for the gingersnaps.

Old 05-03-2018, 10:13 PM

32,133 posts, read 15,129,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Since liberals know that Trump is going to get impeached, they should buy shares betting on his impeachment in his first term. They can easily more than double their money on this one.

PredictIt : Will Donald Trump be impeached in his first term?

Let us all know how many shares you purchased, liberals.
Trump isn’t going to be impeached because Pence would be worse. But Trump is digging his own grave.

Old 05-04-2018, 08:43 AM

45,701 posts, read 27,308,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
How is this purely troll thread allowed to stand?
All of the other threads stand... why should this be any different?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Ya got me.

My neighbor is a Trump supporter and she agreed to make me her famous pecan pie if Trump get's impeached so I'm really hoping for it. On the other hand, I have to bring her a double plate of my famous gingersnaps which my granddaughters will kill for.

So, tough call.
I hope Trump get's impeached. I'd hate to burn my granddaughters for the gingersnaps.
How do I get in on the ginger snaps? I'm sure your neighbor doesn't need a double plate...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies