Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 12:33 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,586,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Schumer rejects GOP proposal to address border crisis

Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer (N.Y.) on Tuesday dismissed a legislative proposal backed by Republican leaders to keep immigrant families together at the border, arguing that President Trump could fix the problem more easily with a flick of his pen.

“There are so many obstacles to legislation and when the president can do it with his own pen, it makes no sense,” Schumer told reporters. “Legislation is not the way to go here when it’s so easy for the president to sign it.”

Democrats want to keep the pressure on Trump instead of having Congress assume responsibility for the growing crisis.

Schumer’s position immediately raised speculation over how long Democrats would stick to their position if Trump refuses to change his mind.

“Let’s hope we never get to that. Let’s hope the president does the right thing and solves the problem, which he can do. That’s the simple, easiest and most likely way this will happen,” Schumer said.

Congress not doing their job. That's why their approval rating is in the dumps.

So now it's a political chess match.

Still, we must resist!

Old 06-20-2018, 12:33 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,551,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
But only because they're hearing from their own horrified constituents. Note that until the public outcry got really loud, they sat back and said and did nothing. And would have continued to say and do nothing without that big swell of public outrage.

They showed that they themselves don't really care a whit about the kids. But they will jump to immediately if it threatens their political lives.

And that's exactly what happened here to force this complete turnaround all of a sudden.
Exactly! That is why Cruz changed his view all of a sudden.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:35 PM

46,978 posts, read 26,041,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
How could Trump sign a EO to go against an existing law which the liberal 9th court of appeal upheld?
Because the law doesn't say what Trump has been saying it said. You've been lied to. He does that, you know.

12,003 posts, read 11,913,790 times
You can't make this stuff up: Michael Cohen, Trump's "personal lawyer", has just resigned from the RNC, citing personal opposition to the sight of small children in cages.

Oh, my, Cohen has found his long-lost conscience.

Or if not his newfound conscience, Cohen has spotted an potential opportunity to have his sins washed white as snow.

2,830 posts, read 2,506,182 times
Trump can end it with the "a swipe of his pen" and democrats would then accuse him of not following the law.

Democrats have engineered this situation so that he cannot win.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:36 PM

8,316 posts, read 3,938,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Sometimes the written law is draconian, it's not fit for purpose in this particular case. Thank you President Trump!

All the Presidents before Trump chose to prosecute that law in a compassionate and common sense way. Trump was the first to choose to go down this path, just in order to use these children as a bargaining chip. And people are NOT going to forget it. I've encountered many scummy people in my lifetime - we all have; but Trump is the worst of the lot. There is nothing this guy won't do or try. Why would anyone ever trust him?

Old 06-20-2018, 12:41 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,727,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
DNA swabs are showing that the majority of them are not their biological parent.
Link?

Old 06-20-2018, 12:42 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,868,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
You can't make this stuff up: Michael Cohen, Trump's "personal lawyer", has just resigned from the RNC, citing personal opposition to the sight of small children in cages.

Oh, my, Cohen has found his long-lost conscience.

Or if not his newfound conscience, Cohen has spotted an potential opportunity to have his sins washed white as snow.
Good Gawd Almighty.

Even Cohen has abandoned Trump and his terrible policy?

What about that pardon?

Old 06-20-2018, 12:43 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,727,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Remember when Clinton authorized the brutal separation of Elian Gonzalez from his illegal parents and the left cheered? Funny how you hypocrites forgot about that. Or how deportations were UP under the Obama administration? Oh, and those cages that you lefties are all so triggered about? Yeah, those were used during Obama's terms. Yet no complaints back then. You *******s are an awfully funny lot.
Elian Gonzalez was reunited with his father in Cuba after his mother died.

Try again.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:45 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,868,796 times
Come on you guys.

If you are just going to lie about everything. (It's the law. Obama did it too. These kids are all being trafficked. ...), these discussions aren't going to be much fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies