Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 07:26 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,147,437 times

Advertisements

Repeat after me, immigration (and diversity) is our strength. Was this engineer an H-1B?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.3c88bc719421

https://www.google.com/search?safe=o....0.ENgbJxY4xtk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2018, 10:25 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,518,287 times
Right. Citizens never steal from their companies.

Old 07-13-2018, 10:38 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
According to the complaint, information about the project “is a closely guarded secret that has never been publicly revealed.”
So, whose bright idea was it, to hire a Chinese national for a top-secret project? What, they didn't have enough home-grown engineers to work on it? So they had to hire a Chinese guy? Really?

Not sure if this is the same guy. Same name, but IDK how common a name it might be. Anyone read Chinese? Looks like some kind of travel site link. https://www.iflychina.net/user/71460

Old 07-14-2018, 03:35 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,361,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Right. Citizens never steal from their companies.
Or even their countries. Jonathan Pollard selling secrets to Israel, for example. But I don't hear snide comments about Jewish Americans.

Old 07-14-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Repeat after me, immigration (and diversity) is our strength. Was this engineer an H-1B?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.3c88bc719421

https://www.google.com/search?safe=o....0.ENgbJxY4xtk
I have no patience for cheap shot broadbrushing of whole communities or immigrants because of the actions of one person. Lived through the scapegoating of Asian Americans in defense labs after Wen Ho Lee. No more.

Old 07-14-2018, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
I have no patience for cheap shot broadbrushing of whole communities or immigrants because of the actions of one person. Lived through the scapegoating of Asian Americans in defense labs after Wen Ho Lee. No more.
Save your indignation for those Chinese nationals who are truly subversive. No one is targeting all Chinese Americans. To pretend there is not a major problem would be foolish. China is an adversary on all fronts, and in some ways, an outright enemy of the United States or our allies, e.g. Taiwan.

Old 07-15-2018, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Save your indignation for those Chinese nationals who are truly subversive. No one is targeting all Chinese Americans. To pretend there is not a major problem would be foolish. China is an adversary on all fronts, and in some ways, an outright enemy of the United States or our allies, e.g. Taiwan.
I don't condone such actions by such individuals. I worked in China so I know about what they do. And it's a screw up on Apple's part (which is surprising, given that they are really secretive and protective with their IP).

However, your insinuation of targeting immigrants and H1Bs with a snide comment about diversity was not necessary. Stick with the main issue, and you won't get called out. Capish?

Old 07-15-2018, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
I don't condone such actions by such individuals. I worked in China so I know about what they do. And it's a screw up on Apple's part (which is surprising, given that they are really secretive and protective with their IP).

However, your insinuation of targeting immigrants and H1Bs with a snide comment about diversity was not necessary. Stick with the main issue, and you won't get called out. Capish?
It’s capisci by the way. Oh and Ill post what I like, and discuss points I want to on threads I create. So the theft is now the fault of Apple, huh? That’s rich.

It’s all about diversity and blind dogma. Not all people are the same and caution is needed to some degree when dealing with some people from countries such as China, Russia etc. Over reliance on diversity as some faux basis of strength was the point and you know it all too well. And with all your descriptions (in another thread) of criticism of communism as jingoistic, coupled with your having worked (lived?) in China, one wonders...

Old 07-15-2018, 01:49 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Lock him up (without access to a computer) long enough that whatever info he has in his head will be obsolete when he gets out. Then send him to China.

Old 07-15-2018, 08:12 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,872,320 times
I think Andy Grove summed it up when he said, "China will respect and enforce Intellectual Property protections about the time China has significant IP to protect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies