Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 08:23 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,381,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
It’s capisci by the way. Oh and Ill post what I like, and discuss points I want to on threads I create. So the theft is now the fault of Apple, huh? That’s rich.

It’s all about diversity and blind dogma. Not all people are the same and caution is needed to some degree when dealing with some people from countries such as China, Russia etc. Over reliance on diversity as some faux basis of strength was the point and you know it all too well. And with all your descriptions (in another thread) of criticism of communism as jingoistic, coupled with your having worked (lived?) in China, one wonders...
Oh puhleez. IP theft is one thing. Conflating that with immigration policies and cultural diversity issues is silly. And you've been called on the carpet for that. Toughie.

You obviously don't know the culture at Apple and their penchant for secrecy - they don't give tours to casual visitors, they silo a lot of development teams, and they treat info leaks with grave seriousness - with termination of employment in many cases. So again while this guy should be prosecuted to the law's extent, I'm pretty surprised that this would happen at Apple given their paranoia about security.

And back at ya - I'll call anyone out on xenophobia, stereotyping any time I want. Stick your call for profiling up where the sun don't shine. I'm tired of the double standards that are applied here. Again, I don't see American Jews start losing their security clearances at defense agencies when Jonathan Jay Pollard was caught spying for Israel. Or other white guys losing their opportunities after Alrich Ames was busted for espionage. And those guys are native born US citizens.

Last edited by silverkris; 07-15-2018 at 09:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2018, 08:51 AM

5,381 posts, read 8,703,189 times
Quote:
Repeat after me, immigration (and diversity) is our strength. Was this engineer an H-1B?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.3c88bc719421

https://www.google.com/search?safe=o....0.ENgbJxY4xtk
Interesting, but disturbing, stance against immigration and diversity. When you first joined C-D, didn't you often say that you are :1) An immigrant 2) Latino and 3) Gay? Even if my recollection of just one of those is correct, which I seriously doubt, doesn't that category fit the "diversity" box? This is not an attack, I'm just curious since you did feel it was important to share that information.

Also, white males, not Asians, commit most white collar crimes. No race or ethnic group is free of criminal activity, and it does seem that you are trying to malign immigrants and Asians. This article is dated, but still true.

White Collar Crime and the Class-Race-Gender Construct (From Race, Gender, and Class in Criminology: The Intersection, P 141-158, 1996, Martin D Schwartz and Dragan Milovanovic, ed

https://www.ncjrs.gov/App/Publicatio...aspx?ID=164537
"Any serious survey of the evidence on white collar crime offenders lends strong support to the proposition that the class- race-gender construct structures criminal opportunities and shapes criminal behavior. Class-advantaged white males in particular are uniquely situated to take advantage of an extraordinary range of opportunities to commit the most substantial forms of corporate and occupational crime. Conversely, class-disadvantaged nonwhite females are unlikely to be so situated. Some criminologists have argued that the advantaged have stronger deviant motivations, enjoy greater deviant opportunities, and are subject to weaker social controls than the disadvantaged and the powerless."

Old 07-15-2018, 09:31 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,168,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
Interesting, but disturbing, stance against immigration and diversity. When you first joined C-D, didn't you often say that you are :1) An immigrant 2) Latino and 3) Gay? Even if my recollection of just one of those is correct, which I seriously doubt, doesn't that category fit the "diversity" box? This is not an attack, I'm just curious since you did feel it was important to share that information.

Also, white males, not Asians, commit most white collar crimes. No race or ethnic group is free of criminal activity, and it does seem that you are trying to malign immigrants and Asians. This article is dated, but still true.

White Collar Crime and the Class-Race-Gender Construct (From Race, Gender, and Class in Criminology: The Intersection, P 141-158, 1996, Martin D Schwartz and Dragan Milovanovic, ed

https://www.ncjrs.gov/App/Publicatio...aspx?ID=164537
"Any serious survey of the evidence on white collar crime offenders lends strong support to the proposition that the class- race-gender construct structures criminal opportunities and shapes criminal behavior. Class-advantaged white males in particular are uniquely situated to take advantage of an extraordinary range of opportunities to commit the most substantial forms of corporate and occupational crime. Conversely, class-disadvantaged nonwhite females are unlikely to be so situated. Some criminologists have argued that the advantaged have stronger deviant motivations, enjoy greater deviant opportunities, and are subject to weaker social controls than the disadvantaged and the powerless."
I never wrote that I personally was an immigrant. However, if I were, how would that change anything? Oh, it's an ad homimen.

Latino? I am not, but if I were, how is this relevant? I cannot state my opinion? Oh, it is an ad homimen.

Yes. I am gay. That is relevant to the post how? Your post is very clearly an attack and an attempt to get me back onto my plantation. I won't. What's next, an attack on my family, city of residence or some other personal attribute -- any other ad hominems from you? I stand behind what I wrote regarding blind diversity and immigration policy.

Spare me your old and off topic article.

Old 07-15-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
I never wrote that I personally was an immigrant. However, if I were, how would that change anything? Oh, it's an ad homimen.

Latino? I am not, but if I were, how is this relevant? I cannot state my opinion? Oh, it is an ad homimen.

Yes. I am gay. That is relevant to the post how? Your post is very clearly an attack and an attempt to get me back onto my plantation. I won't. What's next, an attack on my family, city of residence or some other personal attribute -- any other ad hominems from you? I stand behind what I wrote regarding blind diversity and immigration policy.

Spare me your old and off topic article.

Oh my! Too bad those early posts have been scrubbed. I'll bet that there are others on C-D who remember them.

It is a shame, though, that you think that "Latino" and "Immigrant" are negatives; and, as a descriptive, individually or collectively worthy of being perceived as "Ad Hominem(s)." They're not.

BTW, where did I suggest that being gay is a negative? Not that they were noteworthy, but you have forgotten some of our past discussions on gays in OC? Hmmm, my stance was hardly anti-gay. It still isn't.

Calm down and try to follow the tone of my post.

As far as the article is concerned, it's quite relevant as it speaks to white collar crime and makes it clear that it is not Asians who commit the lion's share of it.

"I never wrote that I personally was an immigrant."
"I stand behind what I wrote regarding blind diversity and immigration policy."

Were your parents immigrants? I'm not anti-immigrant.

Old 07-15-2018, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Oh my! Too bad those early posts have been scrubbed. I'll bet that there are others on C-D who remember them.

It is a shame, though, that you think that "Latino" and "Immigrant" are negatives; and, as a descriptive, individually or collectively worthy of being perceived as "Ad Hominem(s)." They're not.

BTW, where did I suggest that being gay is a negative? Not that they were noteworthy, but you have forgotten some of our past discussions on gays in OC? Hmmm, my stance was hardly anti-gay. It still isn't.

Calm down and try to follow the tone of my post.

As far as the article is concerned, it's quite relevant as it speaks to white collar crime and makes it clear that it is not Asians who commit the lion's share of it.

"I never wrote that I personally was an immigrant."
"I stand behind what I wrote regarding blind diversity and immigration policy."

Were your parents immigrants? I'm not anti-immigrant.
You have posted nothing but ad hominems for your last posts. Where have I ever discussed Latinos let alone my immigrant status? (Where have I said that I oppose Latinos? Where have I said that I PERSONALLY am in immigrant? I CHALLENGE YOU TO BACK UP YOUR AD HOMINEMS. Your post about the speaker, me, is outrageous.) The discussion was about a Chinese worker at Apple and I mentioned H-1Bs.

Want to discuss the size of my bank account or my male member next?

Carry on discussing attributes about the speaker with whom you disagree. AD HOMINEM.

Old 07-15-2018, 10:24 AM

Quote:
You have posted nothing but ad hominems for your last posts. Where have I ever discussed Latinos let along my immigrant status? (Where have I said that I oppose Latinos? Where have I said that I PERSONALLY am in immigrant? I CHALLENGE YOU TO BACK UP YOUR AD HOMINEMS. Your post about the speaker, me, is outrageous.) The discussion was about a Chinese worker at Apple and I mentioned H-1Bs.

Want to discuss the size of my bank account or my male member next?

Carry on discussing attributes about the speaker with whom you disagree. AD HOMINEM.
"Want to discuss the size of my bank account or my male member next?"

Seriously? Do you feel okay? You do recall that I am a woman right? No, you haven't forgotten. So, why would you say that?

And, no, I have no interest in the size of your bank account either.

Back on topic, is it difficult to be against immigration and diversity since you fit at least one of those categories?

Obviously, you don't have to answer, but spare me the bizarre and sexually inappropriate talk about your private parts.

Old 07-15-2018, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Back on topic, is it difficult to be against immigration and diversity since you fit at least one of those categories?
The attributes that a given person may or may not possess, does not control his or her beliefs, nor should it. To believe otherwise is to fall into the trap of identity politics, which is an intellectual dead end.

Quote:
"Want to discuss the size of my bank account or my male member next?"
Why not discuss it as you've discussed personal attributes that I possess, namely, my sexuality for Pete's sake! Now you fake indignation.

Quote:
Seriously? Do you feel okay? You do recall that I am a woman right? No, you haven't forgotten. So, why would you say that?
I am fully aware that you are a woman. I feel fine. (By the way how I feel is also irrelevant, but rest assured it is fine.) Why would I write that? Because you engaged in an AD HOMINEM attack. My immigation status, race, and sexuality are fully irrelevant to the conversation but you brought it up; hence, the other suggested topics.

Old 07-15-2018, 08:29 PM

LuvSouthOC,

I disabled my C-D direct message box a some time ago so that I would no longer receive your "unusual" comments.

You've reached a new low. So, I'm placing you on "Ignore." Such a wonderful little feature.

Old 07-15-2018, 11:36 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,909,127 times
Tech theft is a major problem in China, not only for foreign companies, but also for domestic Chinese companies. Apple has chosen to do most of its business in China and with Chinese employees despite those risks. This isn’t the first time and won’t be the last time. Apple won’t change their employee policies because Chinese employees are some of the best tech workers in the world and their work ethic is second to none. Tech theft is just a risk Apple has to live with, along with every other tech company in the world. The Apple HQ is an incredibly secure complex, but occasionally someone will find a way to hack in or find a lost password, or whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies