Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 05:31 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,286,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Two McCains:

The first is the one that refused release from a POW prison because others had been their longer.

The other is the McCain that stayed too long in DC and became contaminated by it.

He will be remembered for both.
How about the McCain that took bribes as part of the Keating Five. Guy is a crook.

Old 05-10-2018, 06:44 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
All I can say is that brain cancer is awful and I believe that McCains brain is clearly affected by cancer and maybe for longer than we expect.

Only for that reason I will give MCCain the Judas, some slack.

Old 05-10-2018, 07:52 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Dying MCCain is making himself one of the most hated people in politics on the eve of his end on Earth.
So that's all you can relate to.

You hate him, so you think others hate him too.

McCain doesn't regret turning the dossier over to the FBI, but you falsify the news item by including 'fake' in your title, implying that he was in on some kind of scheme.

You spread poison with your enmity, your words are toxic.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:14 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
McCain has skeletons just like everyone else in Washington - he's no better but no worse than Trump.
This is not true. Trump is in a sewer reserved only for him. McCain has been a party parrot, often putting party before country - Palin pick went a long way to destroy his credibility - but NO ONE comes close to Trump in sleaze, lies, sheer nastiness, generally vile behavior in word and deed, and so much more.

Let us not speak unfairly ill of the almost-dead. McCain does not deserve it.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 05-10-2018 at 08:25 PM..

Old 05-10-2018, 08:18 PM

35,074 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Dying MCCain is making himself one of the most hated people in politics on the eve of his end on Earth. *************

Maybe MCCain can do the honorable thing to die as a Democrat so at least he will be honest at the end of his life about that.
Just as one doesn't speak ill of the dead, one shouldn't speak ill of the dying. Do I think Trump unfairly maligned McCain about not being a hero? Yes. He wasn't captured on purpose. On the other hand as much as Trump revulsed me during the campaign I think he's been a pretty good President.

On balance, McCain was an average Senator. No more, no less. Except he probably was a war hero, unlike Kerry.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:22 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
As times goes on, the Steele Dossier is proving to be correct on all counts. You can tell that things are looking worse for Trump's future, as the number of desperate posts like this is increasing, trying to deflect away from the truth that is so obvious to the majority of us.
the steele lie-ossier has been so wrong....especially since its hitlery who is up to her ugly neck involved with mother russia

Old 05-10-2018, 08:28 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
the steele lie-ossier has been so wrong....especially since its hitlery who is up to her ugly neck involved with mother russia
I don't expect you to back this up with references, it's just a baseless rant.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:31 PM

10,467 posts, read 4,042,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Two McCains:

The first is the one that refused release from a POW prison because others had been their longer.

The other is the McCain that stayed too long in DC and became contaminated by it.

He will be remembered for both.
You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain........

Old 05-10-2018, 08:36 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I don't expect you to back this up with references, it's just a baseless rant.
baseless...have you seen the news the last 6 months

Mueller is doing a thorough investigation...and he will be taking hitlery, obozo, slick willy, podesta, lynch, comey, mccabe all down, and also you will also see DWS, Kerry, both shown to be dirty too

the storm is brewing and the corrupt left will go down the tubes

Old 05-10-2018, 09:02 PM

35,074 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
baseless...have you seen the news the last 6 months

Mueller is doing a thorough investigation...and he will be taking hitlery, obozo, slick willy, podesta, lynch, comey, mccabe all down, and also you will also see DWS, Kerry, both shown to be dirty too

the storm is brewing and the corrupt left will go down the tubes
I don't believe Mueller will do that for a minute. He, like the rest of the career Washingtonians, doesn't believe that Trump has any business being President. This is sheer persecution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies