Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 05:25 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,866,725 times

Advertisements

Since this thread is just another opportunity for some to throw insults at Christians and President Trump, I'll just say I'll ignore all those insults, and as a white Christian, who voted for Trump and Pence, we never considered Trump as "perfect", he is far from perfect, as all humans are, and I certainly wasn't a perfect person before I changed my ways to follow the ways of Jesus. Do I consider myself perfect now? Absolutely not, but I wouldn't do a lot of things that I've done in that past. Trump had a checkered past but that doesn't give any of us the right to condemn him, and his past doesn't necessarily reflect the kind of person that he is today. We like most of the things he stands for and that's why we voted for him.

Do I hate liberals? No, I cannot agree with almost everything they stand for, most of which are very un-Christian and un-American, does that give me a right to hate liberals? No, it's also why most of us didn't vote for Clinton in 2016, we voted for Trump because he was the lesser of two evils and he sided with the principles that are Christian. Also, being President and Christian is a tough balancing act none of us are capable of achieving.

Jesus told us to "Love one another", do I love liberals? I love all humans and I'd be willing to be like Jesus as much as possible, even those I disagree with, whether they're liberals or conservatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2018, 08:34 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Since this thread is just another opportunity for some to throw insults at Christians and President Trump, I'll just say I'll ignore all those insults, and as a white Christian, who voted for Trump and Pence, we never considered Trump as "perfect", he is far from perfect, as all humans are, and I certainly wasn't a perfect person before I changed my ways to follow the ways of Jesus. Do I consider myself perfect now? Absolutely not, but I wouldn't do a lot of things that I've done in that past. Trump had a checkered past but that doesn't give any of us the right to condemn him, and his past doesn't necessarily reflect the kind of person that he is today. We like most of the things he stands for and that's why we voted for him.

Do I hate liberals? No, I cannot agree with almost everything they stand for, most of which are very un-Christian and un-American, does that give me a right to hate liberals? No, it's also why most of us didn't vote for Clinton in 2016, we voted for Trump because he was the lesser of two evils and he sided with the principles that are Christian. Also, being President and Christian is a tough balancing act none of us are capable of achieving.

Jesus told us to "Love one another", do I love liberals? I love all humans and I'd be willing to be like Jesus as much as possible, even those I disagree with, whether they're liberals or conservatives.
The question is, would Jesus be a Republican? Evangelicals that have screamed about the failings of everyone they disagreed with politically, fell all over themselves to support Trump and make excuses for his words and behavior. Sorry, but evangelicals have earned the mocking they receive. I will never give evangelicals the benefit of the doubt after this.

Old 05-11-2018, 08:46 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post

You're a quality person Magnum Mike.

We're privileged to see you in this dirty ghetto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies