Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 06:20 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
You live in an alternate reality... Retarded looking ads on Facebook didn't help anyone win... They may TRY but didn't affect anything.... Even the intelligence agencies said the same... When do you anti-Trumpers stop spreading BS...
Tell that to the Mercers and Steve Bannon. They invested millions into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2018, 06:21 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
You live in an alternate reality... Retarded looking ads on Facebook didn't help anyone win... They may TRY but didn't affect anything.... Even the intelligence agencies said the same... When do you anti-Trumpers stop spreading BS...
You have missed the point entirely as your post proved my point to which I say thank you.

I mean you admit the Russians planted fake Fakebook ads which you further admit favored Trump.

Case closed.

Old 05-17-2018, 06:26 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
That supports the intelligence community’s finding last year that Russian President Vladimir Putin personally ordered the influence campaign to help Trump.
The top two leaders of the Senate Intelligence Committee, Chair Richard Burr (R-NC) and Ranking Member Mark Warner (D-VA) conclude that Russia did try to help Trump win the 2016 presidential election.

That meant nothing to the president and his loyalists who claim that the Trump-Russia connection is a “hoax” and a “witch hunt.” But now that a key Senate panel has backed the US intelligence community against Trump’s attacks, that defense is much, much weaker.

But more than that, the Senate just directly contradicted the assessment of House Republicans.
Both chambers held separate investigations into possible Trump campaign collusion with Russia during the 2016 presidential election. The Senate’s probe continues, but last March, the
House Intelligence Committee abruptly ended their investigation.

Burr, the Senate Intelligence Committee chair, seems to agree that House Republicans didn’t do their job.

Now, definitively, the most authoritative congressional panel on the issue of Russia’s favoritism in the 2016 election has weighed in — and it weighed in against Trump.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ence-committee

So..... the Senate Republicans have shown that they are not the sewer-slime(party before country) that the Congressional Republicans are!
How could that be ?!?!

Nunes had me convinced he couldn't find anything.

Old 05-17-2018, 06:40 AM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
How could that be ?!?!

Nunes had me convinced he couldn't find anything.
The senate and house investigations were worlds apart. It probably doesn't matter but why was Nunes so anxious to close the Russian investigation in the house, did they have everything they need. I give credit to the senate republicans that put the country ahead of their party and Paul Ryan deserves criticism for allowing Nunes to remain as chairman.

Old 05-17-2018, 06:44 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
As I noted in another thread, the main reason, in my mind, for the difference of opinion between the House conclusion and the Senate conclusion is this: All members of the House are up for re-election (those that have not bailed out), and they fear the 'Trump base'.

Old 05-17-2018, 06:48 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
It wasn't just Facebook ads, it was swarming social media with lies, it was hacking into state voter databases, and who knows what else as we don't yet have the report from the Special Counsel's investigation.

The constant repetitions of, "No collusion! No collusion!" are not believable.

Don Jr. released emails of one of his attempts at collusion. Roger Stone is on record coordinating with WikiLeaks. Flynn, Manafort, Cambridge Analytica, ....
And let's not forget the math
Trump won because he captured the vote in 3 states that gave him the edge in the Electoral College
Those 3 states he won by fewer than 80000 votes--in three states--that is like 26000 votes per state
Not much of a ground swell of support and certainly nothing like the total popular vote HRC won

And there are questions about those wins
Some of those precincts use voting machines that can be hacked by thumb drives used to add information right before the election--to update the ballot and add other info
Without a specific forensic audit there is no way to know IF a corrupting algorhythim was introduced that transferred HRC votes to DJT at less than 1 to 1 ratio...something that looked like a slow bleed vs arterial flow.
The margin of Trump's victory was just enough to prevent a mandatory recount---just enough sounds almost calculated not to trip warning flags...

So why that is just a supposition with all that has NOT been done to prevent any future hacking by outside forces people need to understand that our election system is JUST AS VULNERABLE in 2018 as it was in 2016.

There was recent case where apparently a hacker in Ukraine was caught trying to hack a recent election
They are out there and they are persistant and will keep coming...

There is even problem trying to use something like paper ballots if the state/local precincts are not prepared to deal with that type of process...more time consuming and expensive and CAN still be tampered with if there is a desire to do so and a lack of oversight to prevent it...

I would suggest that anyone who has the time and interest takes the training and becomes involved in your local election process...you can become a poll watcher or even an election judge if you follow the guidelines and can be UNBIASED in helping support a fair electoral process...

Old 05-17-2018, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The senate and house investigations were worlds apart. It probably doesn't matter but why was Nunes so anxious to close the Russian investigation in the house, did they have everything they need. I give credit to the senate republicans that put the country ahead of their party and Paul Ryan deserves criticism for allowing Nunes to remain as chairman.
There is speculation that Carter Page called Nunes from Russia and that is why Nunes is so freaked about trying to protect Page (even more than Trump really) and claim that he is not a Russian plant...
Nunes is involved much more deeply than just some hanger-on during the campaign or some syncophant in Congress trying to suck up to Trump's power--he is invested in protecting these people beyond the average GOP alt-right supporter...
It wouldn't surprise me if Nunes had taken money that turned out to be from a foreign source and is trying like crazy to keep that from being outed...

Old 05-17-2018, 06:57 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
As I noted in another thread, the main reason, in my mind, for the difference of opinion between the House conclusion and the Senate conclusion is this: All members of the House are up for re-election (those that have not bailed out), and they fear the 'Trump base'.
I agree.

Old 05-17-2018, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
You also have to consider that they ran in 2016--
Ergo they took campaign money
Some of that money could be from compromised sources for some members
Some members certainly have been more invested in blocking the investigation and covering up for anyone in Trump's circle
Some members might feel they have a fairly easy, uncontested race and don't have to be so "out there" in protecting Trump...

I wonder how many of the GOP in Congress had campaign help from Cambridge Analytica???
The CA whistleblower has said that CA deliberately underbid/undercharged for work done in campaigns for GOP candidates (never worked for any DNC ones) that were really quid pro quo contributions because they saved the candidates much money---and these were not reported as contributions and thus make the candidates vulnerable to federal election campaign violations as well as possible other criminal charges...

I have tried to Google for info like that and haven't really found any specific lists
If anyone HAS info showing what Congress or Senate candidates CA helped run for election in 2016 or before would be interested in see it...

Old 05-17-2018, 07:02 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
What a frickin' mess, I do not envy the person who has to come in next and clean up this disaster.
Yeah, we hired Trump to clean up the Obama / Clinton mess. He's doing a great job.

Hopefully after McCain is gone and R's get more Senate seats they'll get rid of that huge tax called Obamacare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies