Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 08:13 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times

Advertisements

A single day increase? HAhahahahhahhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2018, 08:40 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,258,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
I imagine many people feel good about Dick's decision, but I wouldn't expect it to drive many people to shop there (a small amount sure, but not to this level).
Exactly! Can you imagine millions of people stayed away from Dick's to buy that cooler now suddenly decided to go back because Dick's decided to raise the age for buying a gun to 21? Gimme a break.

Old 05-30-2018, 08:42 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,258,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
they do got good prices on ammo
Yeah, a box of 45s for $17 not bad.

Old 05-30-2018, 09:00 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
they do got good prices on ammo
nope...their ammo prices are high

Old 05-30-2018, 09:24 PM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
The ones in S Cal are a joke. Big 5 sells the same crap for much cheaper, fyi.

Old 05-30-2018, 09:36 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
In the short-term, but "Dixie Chicks" bounces don't last... let's meet back here next Feb and see.

i agree with this. in the short term, caving into social and progressive pressures can help the bottom line. but long term on the other hand requires solid business practices, and a steady client base that tends to grow over time. dicks new policies on selling guns is likely to hurt them in the long run. but we shall see. if in six months to a year their sales are maintained, then the change was good for them. if the sales drop off though, then it was a bad move.

Old 05-30-2018, 10:07 PM

So few people buying "Dicks" Op's purchase causes a YUGE increase in sales

Old 05-30-2018, 10:23 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
For all the noise the NRA-types make and how much they try to use bullying tactics, they are in fact, a very small percentage of the population. And the hunter in America, is a dying breed. In my lifetime, I've seen my own town go from a point where schools would give all boys a week off from classes, to go deer hunting with their fathers, to today, where almost no one does any hunting in the area. The Wildlife Dept. is in a budget crisis, because so few hunting and fishing licenses are being sold.

There's a far larger number of potential customers for a large chain like Dick's, to be buying everything else, when they restrict gun sales.

Old 05-30-2018, 10:31 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
For all the noise the NRA-types make and how much they try to use bullying tactics, they are in fact, a very small percentage of the population. And the hunter in America, is a dying breed. In my lifetime, I've seen my own town go from a point where schools would give all boys a week off from classes, to go deer hunting with their fathers, to today, where almost no one does any hunting in the area. The Wildlife Dept. is in a budget crisis, because so few hunting and fishing licenses are being sold.

There's a far larger number of potential customers for a large chain like Dick's, to be buying everything else, when they restrict gun sales.
Which is a shame. The NRA was originally about civilian marksmanship, yet they morphed into a political activist capacity. I recall my time in a NRA sponsored shooting team as a youth, using CMP .22’s in a supervised setting.

Now they espouse little pink and colored AR’s for tots to shoot with their Dads using little range guidance or supervision.

They’ve fallen a long, long way....

Old 05-30-2018, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post

Wow, that's quite an analysis. Your home town. Population 'some'. Even in a lib State you'd be so comfy in we have to limit tags because all of the new hunters. Explain that please? My local tags used to never sell out now it's a draw, has been for some time. Where are all these new hunters coming from. Please make it stop. Maybe Dicks sells more Vapes now?

Me thinks your anecdotal example is worth the paper it's printed on. Signed, NRA member
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies