Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 10:41 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times

Advertisements

First, the trade shouting - there is no war as no country has yet imposed any significant tariffs, as yet - so get your first point correct. Lot's of posturing, but no actual actions at this point. Speaking of posturing, this is exactly what Mr Trump's words are, Bully, for him. With among the lowest tariffs in the world, which have had the slow, steady, drip, drip, drip effect of weakening the U.S., it is about time someone stood for American first interests.

Second erroneous point. If tariffs were increased U.S. tariffs are among lowest in world or imposed, it would be a tax. As tariffs are taxes. Which would hardly be friendly to unions.

So, go back to your deflection, thread-hijack corner and keep quiet until called upon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
And now we the people are paying for unionized steel workers via the new tariffs,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2018, 10:45 AM

Jobs in pay only. Out of work? LOL. Let me now when work begins in the government. Only the armed forces provide security. Business provides the fuel for stability. You did not do that in a government job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
So, you're happy Trump is costing people jobs?

Oh, but this is crazy right-wing land, where we are to believe the "evil government" is made of "useless bums" who do nothing all day.

It is sad day for this nation when citizens find joy in putting their fellow citizens out of work based simply on right-wing ignorance of how government workers help the nation every day.

If you so badly want a government with even fewer people working in it, move some failed state lacking a government. But you won't; like all the others, you want the security of a strong and stable nation while still desiring to publicly hate it and put other people out of jobs. Disgusting.

Old 06-02-2018, 10:50 AM

We'll be watching come Monday for posting during 'work' hours. Expect, if researched, that is when the majority of government employees posting happen.

Mr Trump is U]Our[/u] CIC, just like Mr Obama and Mr Bush and Mr Clinton...before him. Stay on topic, now.
Quote:
Because that doesn't happen in private industry?

Hell, your worthless Commander in Thief spends most of his time posting idiocy on Twitter - can we please fire him, too?

Our CIC, just like Mr Obama and Mr Bush and Mr Clinton...before him.

The right-wing ignorance and double-standards on this forum are downright laughable.

Old 06-02-2018, 11:21 AM

4,534 posts, read 4,931,272 times
Yup. Gotta stick it to those outrageously rich federal workers.

It's notike they spend their paybecks on the economy or anything.

Old 06-02-2018, 11:58 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Because right-wingers ignorant enough to think nearly ALL government jobs are "redundant or unnecessary." They live in some fantasy world where the government is "bad" and we don't need it, but none of them are willing to step up and move to some lawless, failed state without a government. Instead, like cowards, they want all the protections of a strong government: military, clean air and water, safe food and drugs, infrastructure, and so on - but they don't want to pay for it.

Right wingers are like the guy who always sponges off his friends when they order pizza or eat out, and then has the nerve to complain about the food.
Quote:
So, you're happy Trump is costing people jobs?

Oh, but this is crazy right-wing land, where we are to believe the "evil government" is made of "useless bums" who do nothing all day.

It is sad day for this nation when citizens find joy in putting their fellow citizens out of work based simply on right-wing ignorance of how government workers help the nation every day.

If you so badly want a government with even fewer people working in it, move some failed state lacking a government. But you won't; like all the others, you want the security of a strong and stable nation while still desiring to publicly hate it and put other people out of jobs. Disgusting.

Great posts, Rambler. I usually stay away from these govie-bashing threads. I work for the IC, and it’s frustrating to read ignorant people spew garbage about government workers. My co-workers and I work very hard to support the warfighter. It’s popular with Trump’s marks to complain about us, but it comes from a place of extreme ignorance.

Also, what kind of people cheer the idea of people being out of work, no longer adding to our economy?

Old 06-02-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Jobs in pay only. Out of work? LOL. Let me now when work begins in the government. Only the armed forces provide security. Business provides the fuel for stability. You did not do that in a government job.
Whose work do you think supports the armed services??

Old 06-02-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
We The People pay them. And most of "We" have decided we no longer want to employ them. We have seen the damage they can do.
So, you no longer care about providing life-saving services and intel to the military? Noted.

Old 06-02-2018, 12:18 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Federal employees pay taxes too. And I can assure you you'd change your tune if the federal government ceased to exist overnight.
Nobody's saying they want the federal government to cease to exist. What we are saying is that we don't want to continue to pay for employees who are completely unnecessary (their duties are duplicated elsewhere) and who spend half the workweek running errands, lying out by the pool, or hanging around the office chatting the day away because they have nothing to do.

Government workers feel so entitled to do their private business on taxpayer time that I have actually had federal workers ask me to call them DURING THE WORK DAY (!!) because they like to have their evenings free for laundry and TV. We have often had hour-long conversations, and when I've asked if they can talk this long during the workday, they always tell me it's no problem.

It's a real scam what's going on.

Old 06-02-2018, 12:20 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
To educate some of those who think federal workers just sit by a pool all day collecting tax payer money heres a list of federal departments =
https://www.usa.gov/federal-agencies/a
How does this list prove anything? All you did is show the astronomical number of obscure little agencies in existence, and sort of proves the point that we need to trim the government.

Old 06-02-2018, 12:29 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
I must be dreaming...because if Trump saved that much money, the deficit won't be over a trillion and we won't have to add another trillion or two to the Debt......

Glad to hear the deficit will now come down and we can balance the budget....thanks, OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies