Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2018, 08:51 PM

231 posts, read 156,791 times

Advertisements

Any small business has the right to refuse service to anyone they like.

Proven by the SCOTUS decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2018, 09:52 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,244,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark59 View Post

I think you mean, DISlike.

Old 06-08-2018, 11:14 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,947,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark59 View Post

Not really. They can so long as it isn't discriminatory. This ruling was striking down a heavy handed and bias ruling.

Old 06-08-2018, 02:17 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,560,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I highly doubt that. I would say that there are gays who are bisexual because at one point they did show attraction to the opposite sex. Some was through not realizing it (I mean sexual orientation isn't exactly verboten once you are born.) Some was through being in the closet. Some gays are never bisexual and some gays are bisexual only because at one point they dated the opposite sex, while others are in the closet due to prejudices and might have a heterosexual relationship to save face. Only a few people are fully bisexual or pansexual and have attraction to either sex at the same time.
so someone who Sunday is a attracted to a man, Monday a woman, Tuesday a man again you would say is not bisexual.

entire human history till gay rights movement has show that ALL homosexuals were really bisexual, the only reason that changed was first to get the right to sodomy and then all sorts of other perverse rights.

PS numerous studies have shown that gays are more likely to impregnate a teenager than normal people, and that lesbians are more likely to get pregnant.

Old 06-08-2018, 02:18 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,378,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Not really. They can so long as it isn't discriminatory. This ruling was striking down a heavy handed and bias ruling.
Correct. If the baker tries to turn away again a same sex couple as a customer, he's gonna lose.

Old 06-08-2018, 02:37 PM

24,515 posts, read 33,352,881 times
This sign is at a local Party City.

Old 06-08-2018, 02:42 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,571,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You have no right to pass that judgment. Read Kennedy's ruling again:

"The government, consistent with the Constitution's guarantee of free exercise, cannot impose regulations that are hostile to the religious beliefs of affected citizens and cannot act in a manner that passes judgment upon or presupposes the illegitimacy of religious beliefs and practices"

Would I, personally, sacrifice a live animal in a religious ritual? No. Do I respect the Santerians First Amendment Right to do so as did SCOTUS? Yes.

Agree to disagree. And disengage.

Of course I have every right and I will continue to do so. It's got zero to do with Kennedy's ruling.

Religion does not - repeat not - make one a good person.

Period. Full Stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
yes and the religion of gayism needs to stop trying to FORCE things against the 1st amendment
There is no religion of gayism. Gay people just want to go about the business of living their lives - like the beer bellied Trump supporter.

Old 06-08-2018, 03:19 PM

12,404 posts, read 8,189,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Correct. If the baker tries to turn away again a same sex couple as a customer, he's gonna lose.
They were never turned away before. It was the wedding cake for a same sex couple where that particular bit of participation in the extended series parties was refused

Old 06-08-2018, 04:04 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,236,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
yes and the religion of gayism needs to stop trying to FORCE things against the 1st amendment
If being gay is a religion, then it is protected federally under public accommodation laws.

Old 06-08-2018, 04:53 PM

89,203 posts, read 44,965,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Of course I have every right and I will continue to do so. It's got zero to do with Kennedy's ruling.
You have a right to Free Speech. You do not have the right to judge anyone else in any meaningful way. People are free to disregard your tripe for the effluent it is.

Even the act of the CO government judging the baker was struck down by SCOTUS. LEARN something from that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies