Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2018, 04:32 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,723,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
That's some heinous and moronic crap right there.

Freedom & Liberty is scary, heinous and moronic crap, when someone wants to take it from you, and give it to someone else.

There is no freedom, there is no liberty, while looking at the business end of a gun barrel, with a boot on your throat.
There is no place for force, in liberty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2018, 04:38 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,130,122 times
Two words to end this thread once and for all:

PROPERTY RIGHTS.

Discrimination is a property right.

Old 06-07-2018, 04:56 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,723,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I had my own floor covering business for years before I retired. I turned customers down occasionally whose homes were nasty. Some places were so bad, I thought they were a danger to my health. If we were all forced to work for everyone, I would have been breaking the law.

You don't know how many jobs I walked away from, or didn't even bid, because of a certain accent on the phone......(You do good. you do cheapy)

Old 06-07-2018, 05:05 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,577,720 times
Welp. Didn't take long for the 'No Gays Allowed" sign to to back up in the hardware store window. N

https://www.thenewcivilrightsmovemen...ed-sign-again/

Quote:
This week's Supreme Court ruling in favor of an anti-gay Christian baker prompted Amyx to post the new "No Gays Allowed" sign, because why not? Amyx, a Baptist minister, told WBIR that after the cake baker's win, he's seeing "a ray of sunshine" and a "great win."

Old 06-07-2018, 05:23 PM

19,736 posts, read 10,166,623 times
Many posters seem to equate racism as white against blacks. I have encountered many blacks who were just as racist against whites.

Old 06-07-2018, 06:32 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,658,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Denial is not a river in Egypt, as much as you'd like to do. Here is a nice, calm description of what white privilege is.

Yes, white

All one is asking is to acknowledge that there is an advantage, built in, just by being white, that isn't enjoyed by others. Period.

And sadly, if that is your sentiment, it doesn't speak very well of you of being a good listener or being able to look at things through someone else's point of view. And frankly, the very cavalier comments from (white) people about not needing anti-discrimination laws seems to bear out the lack of ability to see things from another person's POV.

Yeah, look up the word privilege and get back to me.

Old 06-07-2018, 06:35 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,658,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
He’s always melting down when he responds to me. LMAO

If beating up on Conservative Texans was a sport, I’d be in the Hall of Fame.

With a Heisman Trophy on the mantle...lol.

Old 06-07-2018, 06:58 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,391,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
Al Sharpton is a civil rights advocate who promotes and supports the civil rights of African-Americans. That doesn't mean that he dislikes whites, or has any type of adversion to white people.

However, Al Sharpton does realize the colossal problem that racism presents to African-Americans on a daily basis. I personally salute his valiant efforts to defend the rights of those who might ordinarily be ignored.

Certainly president Obama realized Mr. Sharpton's expertise in the area of civil rights when it comes to African-Americans in particular....

Sharpton uses racist and homophobic slurs:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/52053465-post1520.html

That's a strange practice for a 'civil rights' advocate. I believe what President Obama recognized was Sharpton's expertise in fomenting racial division.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:05 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,361,764 times
"Do you have the right to discriminate against a person of color who wants to date you?"

Yeah, you have the right to decide who you date and who you don't...

"You racists just want to take us back to the days of Jim Crow."

Old 06-07-2018, 07:05 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,942,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
To quote Thom Hartmann, Libertarians are Republicans who want to smoke dope and get laid.

Now when self-identified Libertarians like Rand or Ron Paul oppose civil rights laws because they believe it infringes on the the liberty of freedom of association, to a person of that group who gets excluded because of that adherance to that oh-so-mighty principle - that's a distinction without a difference.

To that I can say, "What about my liberty to be able to purchase a gallon of milk and bread? Getting a meal to eat? Being able to stay at a hotel when I need a place to sleep?"
To that, the libertarian lapdogs will likely respond, 'Don't Tread On My Right To Tread On You!

Their loopy logic goes 'round & 'round.

Ron & Rand Paul bring in the marks for the Mercer & Koch families to fleece.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies