Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2018, 08:31 AM

12,688 posts, read 6,762,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
http://thehill.com/homenews/news/390...eople-of-color

Yeah. Why are Republicans supporting people like this? When challenged on it, once he realized how poorly some folks took it he said:

Clark deleted the post on Tuesday, saying he had "jumped in on it a little bit too fast," the Leader reported.

So apparently he hopes it will be OK later.
It will be interesting to see where the GOP goes from here. The racist Republicans are still around, but they are definitely a dying breed. The younger generation is far more Libertarian. They could care less what somebody's skin color is or what genitalia lurks between their legs.

We're entering a massive paradigm shift. The direction the GOP seems to be heading is one of individualism and meritocracy. The Democrats are rushing headlong towards the ideology of dividing people by race, religion, gender, etc. Preference is based on how oppressed you are and not a general equality of all people. The Democrats have thrust the mantle of defending Freedom of Speech away like a disease ridden rag, handing it off to the Right. It's gotten so bad that "Freedom of Speech is a dog whistle to the Alt-Right." according to heavily Left-Leaning publications (so about 95% of the MSM.) Let that sink in for a moment. Free Speech is a Right-Wing thing now. The Left has been pushing patriotism away, instead choosing to demonize and hate everything about the USA. The Right has taken up the mantle of loving America and has a virtual monopoly on it now. The Left now encourages white people to hate themselves for the original sin of being born white and seek to heap privileges on "the oppressed" as punishment for evil whiteness.

Increasingly, the Left is abandoning the philosophy of Martin Luther King Jr. while the Right is increasingly embracing it. "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." According to Leftist logic, Black = good & White = bad. Exactly the opposite of what MLK had in mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2018, 08:37 AM

19,754 posts, read 10,197,714 times
I had my own floor covering business for years before I retired. I turned customers down occasionally whose homes were nasty. Some places were so bad, I thought they were a danger to my health. If we were all forced to work for everyone, I would have been breaking the law.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:49 AM

1,239 posts, read 513,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I had my own floor covering business for years before I retired. I turned customers down occasionally whose homes were nasty. Some places were so bad, I thought they were a danger to my health. If we were all forced to work for everyone, I would have been breaking the law.
But that's not the law. You were perfectly within your rights.
What this Repugnant lawmaker was suggesting would be breaking the law.

His responses make it that much worse. First response being that he probably jumped the gun, and then second one being that he didn't really mean that black people should be refused service. How do we elect such morons to represent us?

Old 06-06-2018, 09:05 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,606,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
That is where we are headed. Most people these days want the 1950s back in their entirety and that includes superior status for whites. It's amazing the shift in the attitude of our country in just a few years.
[quote=Sactown4;52115107]Not in the United States of America. Not under the laws of this country that so many people claim to hold so dear.

That's some heinous and moronic crap right there.

You're really trying to say that being forced to take a paying customers money is the equivalent of losing all your rights, being beaten, worked to the bone, sold to another man, watching your children raped by your master, and never receiving a dime?[/quote]

Yes, that is the ridiculousness that is spewed here on a daily basis on this forum.

Slavery + Business Owner.

Old 06-06-2018, 09:21 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,170,105 times
Do people really want to throw away decades of struggle for civil rights, just like that?

Also, there are some parts of the country that don't exactly have a ton of competitors. If the only grocery store for many miles bans someone because of race, what the hell would that person do?

Old 06-06-2018, 09:24 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,170,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
That's completely reasonable though, as that is fully within their control and is objectively bad. One's race is neither of those things.

Old 06-06-2018, 09:37 AM

5,886 posts, read 3,240,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
And it would follow that he has no right to utilize infrastructure that the folks he discriminates against have helped pay for with their tax dollars. See how that should work?
. He paid for it too so what’s the point.

A private business is private property and the property owner should be free to establish the terms of entry to the business without being forced by the govt at gunpoint to adopt their terms. That’s the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
We're seeing a shift during the current administration, where more and more right-wingers are feeling free to express their discriminatory ideas and they act as though it's normal and natural to do that.
No....you’ve only now woken up from your stupor and are finally paying attention to what others think possibly for the first time in your life. And you’re shocked to discover they don’t share your opinions. Well buckle up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
That's completely reasonable though, as that is fully within their control and is objectively bad. One's race is neither of those things.
It doesn’t matter . The lefties would just scream “disparate impact” and it would be the same thing anyway.

Can’t ban the pants saggers and the gang bangers because 90% (just using a random guess) of them are not white and that’s Rayciss!

Old 06-06-2018, 09:39 AM

19,774 posts, read 12,342,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
If minorities happened to live in those homes he refused to do, despite his legitimate reason for rejecting them, they still could have made a case for discrimination.

That is a real problem, like the bakery that refused to re-open for the black people after hours, even though they had turned away white customers first. The left are looking for any excuse to pin discrimination on a business.

Old 06-06-2018, 09:43 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,142,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
http://thehill.com/homenews/news/390...eople-of-color

Yeah. Why are Republicans supporting people like this? When challenged on it, once he realized how poorly some folks took it he said:

So apparently he hopes it will be OK later.
Surely you're kidding!

Every day you wake up and do what you can to instigate a race war. This knucklehead should thrill you.

Most people don't say what they think------they say what is polite. Which is the better path?

Old 06-06-2018, 09:46 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,606,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
It will be interesting to see where the GOP goes from here. The racist Republicans are still around, but they are definitely a dying breed. The younger generation is far more Libertarian. They could care less what somebody's skin color is or what genitalia lurks between their legs.

We're entering a massive paradigm shift. The direction the GOP seems to be heading is one of individualism and meritocracy. The Democrats are rushing headlong towards the ideology of dividing people by race, religion, gender, etc. Preference is based on how oppressed you are and not a general equality of all people. The Democrats have thrust the mantle of defending Freedom of Speech away like a disease ridden rag, handing it off to the Right. It's gotten so bad that "Freedom of Speech is a dog whistle to the Alt-Right." according to heavily Left-Leaning publications (so about 95% of the MSM.) Let that sink in for a moment. Free Speech is a Right-Wing thing now. The Left has been pushing patriotism away, instead choosing to demonize and hate everything about the USA. The Right has taken up the mantle of loving America and has a virtual monopoly on it now. The Left now encourages white people to hate themselves for the original sin of being born white and seek to heap privileges on "the oppressed" as punishment for evil whiteness.

Increasingly, the Left is abandoning the philosophy of Martin Luther King Jr. while the Right is increasingly embracing it. "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." According to Leftist logic, Black = good & White = bad. Exactly the opposite of what MLK had in mind.
Why do you type these lies?

I mean - I can do that too ~ According to RWNJ logic, White = good and Black = bad.

See how easy it is to type hyperbolic nonsense?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies