Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 12:42 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,503,740 times

Advertisements

Sharon Osbourne: Having an Abortion Was the "Worst Thing I Ever Did" | LifeNews.com

She recounted: “I had an abortion at 17 and it was the worst thing I ever did . . . I went alone. I was terrified. It was full of other young girls, and we were all terrified and looking at each other and nobody was saying a bloody word. I howled my way through it, and it was horrible. I would never recommend it to anyone because it comes back to haunt you. When I tried to have children, I lost three — I think it was because something had happened to my cervix during the abortion.”

It would be great if she started a program to educate teen girls on the bad effects of abortion.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:09 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Sharon Osbourne: Having an Abortion Was the "Worst Thing I Ever Did" | LifeNews.com

She recounted: “I had an abortion at 17 and it was the worst thing I ever did . . . I went alone. I was terrified. It was full of other young girls, and we were all terrified and looking at each other and nobody was saying a bloody word. I howled my way through it, and it was horrible. I would never recommend it to anyone because it comes back to haunt you. When I tried to have children, I lost three — I think it was because something had happened to my cervix during the abortion.”

It would be great if she started a program to educate teen girls on the bad effects of abortion.

Alongside people telling the bad effects of being raised by parents who didn't want them.

Osbourne made the wrong choice for herself, not a reason for others to be denied the ability to make their own choice.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:22 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,937,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Alongside people telling the bad effects of being raised by parents who didn't want them.

Osbourne made the wrong choice for herself, not a reason for others to be denied the ability to make their own choice.
It is absolutely a reason to tell them about it instead of pretending it's like going to get a teeth cleaning and has no ramifications on you. I know a few women who have had abortions. It affected them in many. many ways and they all regret it.

But you never EVER hear today's MSM talking about that because, well, abortions are GREAT!!! GO GET ONE!!! YAY FOR ABORTIONS!!!!!

Let's protest guns and celebrate abortions because killing is wrong/celebrated.

Disgusting and sick.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:29 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,653,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
It is absolutely a reason to tell them about it instead of pretending it's like going to get a teeth cleaning and has no ramifications on you. I know a few women who have had abortions. It affected them in many. many ways and they all regret it.

But you never EVER hear today's MSM talking about that because, well, abortions are GREAT!!! GO GET ONE!!! YAY FOR ABORTIONS!!!!!

Disgusting and sick.
I've never heard an abortion described or advertised in the way you have just worded that. Never.

I've never seen abortions celebrated. I have certainly seen them protested.

I agree that women should hear all sides of the ramifications of abortion before they make the choice to do so and I take no issues with Sharon Osbourne telling her story. However, hindsight is always a wonderful thing. It's extremely easy for Sharon Osbourne, who ended up living a very charmed and rich life to look back and have her regrets now. We'll never know how she would have felt about having a child at 17, her life trajectory changing, not getting married to a wealthy rock star, etc. and what that decision would have had on her entire life.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:42 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,997,862 times
Quote:

Disgusting and sick.
'Celebrate abortion'?

So if MSM has done all this you must have a BUNCH of links to prove your point right?

No links -- sorry I call bull on your story.

What I have heard from folks that have had abortions or support women having them is that it is the most difficult, painful, decision to make and few people make it easily
But it is their decision to make..

I agree that we need to openly talk about sex, the consequences, and abortion and that is how you influence society.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:44 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,831,265 times
Ok, Sharon has regrets, but don't try to paint every woman who has made this decision with the same brush. Let's face it, NO ONE LIKES the thought of having this procedure, it is a tough decision, but it is a personal decision.

Who am I, as a older man, to make choices for some woman I do not know ? Every time I see these picketers out on the street, holding signs about abortion, the majority of them are 80 year old men and women, or young kids they have dragged out to carry the signs for them.

Nice that you pro lifers want to hold up Sharon Osborne as an example of the effects of having this procedure, but I sure as Hell don't see any of you stepping up to adopt and raise these children that were not wanted or planned for.

Either put up, or shut up.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:48 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,590,333 times
Quote:

Disgusting and sick.
They don't all regret it. My fiance had an abortion at 19 (she's 30 now) and still doesn't regret it, as she knows having a baby then in the circumstances she was in would have ruined her life

Old 06-06-2018, 05:50 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:

Disgusting and sick.

And HOW does being raised by parent(s) who don't want them affect children? Or would you rather just ignore facts you don't care for?

And just what reason is there to believe your beliefs are (or should be) held by everyone?

Old 06-06-2018, 05:52 AM

30,348 posts, read 19,134,588 times
Quote:

Of course it's the worst thing she's ever done....what's worse than having your child killed?

Old 06-06-2018, 05:52 AM

58,992 posts, read 27,275,092 times
Quote:

The Plaintiff in Roe vs Wade said the SAME thing years ago and now is AGAINST abortion and if had the chance to do it over would NOT go through with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies