Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 04:56 PM

30,383 posts, read 19,184,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Tell me. What is a dictator?
a ruler with total power over a country

Old 06-10-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
In modern usage, the term "dictator" is generally used to describe a leader who holds and/or abuses an extraordinary amount of personal power. Dictatorships are often characterised by some of the following traits: suspension of elections and civil liberties; proclamation of a state of emergency; rule by decree; repression of political opponents without abiding by the rule of law procedures; these include one-party state, and cult of personality. (Wikipedia)

If the shoe fits...
So using this definition about Trump:
Suspensions of elections and civil liberties - nope
proclamation of a state of emergency - nope
rule by decree - nope
repression of political opponents without abiding by the rule of law - nope
one party state - nope

So no relation to our great President Trump...fools

Old 06-10-2018, 05:06 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Trump is obviously more of a wannabe dictator. It certainly is odd that he compliments, admires and looks up to dictators, but treats our allies like crap. Most of the other dictators are much brighter than he is, though. He also treats the other 2 branches of government like crap. He definitely wants to be a dictator and he definitely acts like one.

T is for Trump and T is for Tyrant.

Old 06-10-2018, 05:19 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,497,864 times
So many here don't seem to know who Abby Huntsman IS.

She is the daughter of Jon Huntsman, current Ambassador to Russia, former Ambassador to Singapore and then later China, former Governor of Utah, former presidential candidate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Huntsman_Jr.

An eminently REASONABLE INTELLIGENT MAN, and one of the FEW reasonable Republicans who knew the value of win-win. I really like Jon Huntsman, always have.

And.... thoroughly enjoyed Abby when she was the 'conservative' cohost along with three other liberals on one of my favorite (now cancelled) MSNBC afternoon shows "The Cycle." A quick, smart, intelligent show with the 30 somethings. I really enjoyed it.

So Abby, after a short stint on CNN, landed at Fox and, that joke of a show F&F. Sorry, it came to that for her. She's way better and smarter than those clowns. I think a bit less of her for selling her soul just to be on air. She knows better.

That was definitely a Freudian slip. Jon Huntsman has all kinds of class. I can just imagine her family dinner table conversations with the current boor and idiot clown in the WH.

Her father would have been SO MUCH BETTER. But, he's too classy, too nice, too intelligent, a little too short - and not quite charismatic enough for national politics.

And the US is the big loser for being so shallow.

Old 06-10-2018, 05:22 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustyroad70 View Post
Abby Huntsman is just another foolish liberal minded woman whose lips move much faster than her little pea brain. Anyone with the least little bitty ounce of common sense knows that Trump is not a "dictator" in any sense of the term. Now if she did say it on purpose and believes what came out of her own mouth, then she is dumber than I ever thought she was, and that is pretty dang dumb.

You haven't really listened to Trump speak in his usual gibberish manner, have you?

Trump is signing EO's faster than Putin could say "I want our constitution changed so I can be president for life."

Old 06-10-2018, 05:26 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
See "Cult of Personality" for one.

Oh well, that's different.....

He's Hitler reincarnated for sure.......

Politicians are all narcissists by nature.

So.....

Got anything from that list that Trump has actually done?

Old 06-10-2018, 05:31 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,291,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
There is a conservative thread about Trudeau's eyebrows. Maybe you will find that more intellectually stimulating.
Haha.

Old 06-10-2018, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Oh well, that's different.....

He's Hitler reincarnated for sure.......

Politicians are all narcissists by nature.

So.....

Got anything from that list that Trump has actually done?
Nope nothing....but the thing about liberals is that they can be 0% accurate as they are here and most places and they don't care if they say something false as long as it appeals to their emotions which in fact have been manipulated.

Old 06-10-2018, 05:42 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
You have absolutely no idea of the definition of a dictator do you.

Again proving, liberals are incredibly ignorant and they don't care.
Of course we will not allow this inept Putin puppet to do so, but Trump is so enamored of dictators that he very badly wants to be one.

Old 06-10-2018, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Knock, knock? Anybody home?

We all know what a dictator is. That's the flippin' point.

The FOX NEWS HOST called both Kim Jong Un and Trump dictators.

What don't you understand?
Nobody seems to be home in Chuithneville.....I don't understand why liberals are so ignorant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies