Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 09:01 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,122,865 times

Advertisements

https://apnews.com/2c3771ee21c045c3a...eport-migrants

“The free ride is over,” League leader Matteo Salvini, Italy’s new interior minister, warned migrants at a rally in northern Italy. “It’s time to pack your bags.”

Another Western country, one of the birthplaces of western civilization, deciding to return to normal.

This one is particularly satisfying to me, as I am a Roman nut who has read more history by the ancient authors than most people have read books. When I went to Rome, I was shocked and saddened to see that the neighborhood surrounding Roma Termine was basically downtown Oakland, with urine and feces in the streets, empty bottles left all around, drug deals and prostitution, open fights over bad deals for both, grifters, beggers, and aggressive panhandlers.

Not a one of the troublemakers, of course, was Italian, and we can leave it at that. I even saw soldiers questioning a guy--again, let's just say not an Italian--who was hanging around the Colesseo at night for no obvious purpose.

Every other TV station had a story about the migrant crisis. It was on everyone's mind all of the time how they were losing their country.

Italians should not have to take this in their own country, and nor should any other westerner. We owe it to no one to put up with the crime, drugs, prostitution, and terrorism, especially when we are told that it is not happening and that we are racist for reporting it.

Don't bother with "its their country, let them deal with it." If that was true, you types would not be popping in here to comment--none of your business either, then. Human rights are universal, even for Europeans.

That is all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2018, 09:14 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,385,679 times
Many countries have said this but few seem to follow through.

Old 06-02-2018, 09:35 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,036,445 times
Any proof that the trouble-makers are not natives to the nation? Parts of Italian are not exactly known for being crime-free and... classy.

As for the rest, gladly deal with any troublemakers, as any nation should, but let us not pretend that bad behavior is "typical of immigrants." After all, it wasn't that long ago that Italians immigrated to this nation, and we didn't exactly welcome them with open arms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Italianism

I'm sure had City Data existed back then, we would seen various xenophobic and right-wing posters blasting the Italian immigrants. I also wonder how many of said right-wingers are themselves descendant from various once-hated immigrant groups?

Old 06-02-2018, 09:41 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Any proof that the trouble-makers are not natives to the nation?

If they don't speak Italian they aren't Italian.

Glad to hear populism is gaining traction in Europe.

Old 06-02-2018, 09:50 PM

3,976 posts, read 1,992,378 times
Were the migrants invited in legally, like Angela Merkel did with Germany in 2015? Seems to me to be "effed up" if a country changes its mind after openly letting them in. If not invited or legal, seems completely fair to send them back.

I lived in Italy (Sicily) from 1996 to 2000. In my area it was swamped with Africans there illegally. They did not add to the value of the quality of life, I can say with complete assurance. Sending them back would have been a very a good idea.

Last edited by snebarekim; 06-02-2018 at 10:02 PM..

Old 06-02-2018, 10:34 PM

17,624 posts, read 17,690,196 times
Remember, unlike Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan, the Italians got rid of their own dictator without the help of foreigners. They killed him and his mistress and hung them both upside down from a street light. Upset the Italians enough and they’ll take care of business.

Old 06-02-2018, 10:45 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,872,295 times
We should do the same.

Old 06-02-2018, 11:13 PM

1,704 posts, read 749,919 times
I've been to Europe on two separate occasions. Both times I observed Italy to be the most racist country of them all!

While in Venice, I walked into shop which sold carpeting. The shop proprietor instantly ordered me out using the most vile and profane language. This, despite the fact that I was dressed in a rather expensive customized suit, wearing a clean tailored white shirt and tie. I had over $3K cash in my wallet and excellent platinum VISA credit.

While in a Roman restaurant, I visibly observed a member of the kitchen help spit upon my plate before placing it before me, as if I was expected to dine with expectorant flowing about my pasta.

I grew up in Cleveland, Ohio. Little Italy was renown for its overt aggression and blatant racism waged against blacks.

Most immigrants from non European countries are refugees fleeing wars, violence, or oppression. If they aren't received with open arms, human compassion, or basic civility, then they are forced to live on the streets.

Just like the homeless, who are no longer privy to running water or toiletries, they too are forced to expel waste upon the streets. Much the same way that most Europeans did just a hundred years ago, before indoor plumbing became popular and prior to the pervasive use of soap, perfume, and deodorant.

The homeless behave as the homeless all over the world.

Sorta reminds me of being dug in the trenches of Vietnam for days and weeks at a time...

Just like so many of my white compatriots, nature also chose NOT to spare me any civil inconvenience!

Last edited by zeliner; 06-03-2018 at 12:19 AM..

Old 06-02-2018, 11:18 PM

34,062 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
If they don't speak Italian they aren't Italian.

Glad to hear populism is gaining traction in Europe.

Old 06-02-2018, 11:20 PM

17,624 posts, read 17,690,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
I've been to Europe on two separate occasions. Both times I observed Italy to be the most racist country of them all!

While in Venice, I walked into shop which sold carpeting. The shop proprietor instantly ordered me out using the most vile and profane language. This, despite the fact that I was dressed in a rather expensive customized suit, wearing a clean tailored white shirt and tie.

While in a Roman restaurant, I visibly observed a member of the kitchen help spit upon my plate before placing it before me, as if I was expected to dine with expectorant flowing about my pasta.

I grew up in Cleveland, Ohio. Little Italy was renown for its overt aggression and blatant racism waged against blacks.

Most immigrants from non European countries are refugees fleeing wars, violence, or oppression. If they aren't received with open arms, human compassion, or basic civility, then they are forced to live on the streets.

Just like the homeless, who are no longer privy to running water or toiletries, they too are force to expel waste upon the streets. Much the same way that most Europeans did just a couple hundred years ago, before indoor plumbing became popular and prior to the pervasive use of soap, perfume, and deodorant.

The homeless behave as the homeless all over the world.

Sorta reminds me of being dug in the trenches of Vietnam for days and weeks at a time...

Just like so many of my white compatriots, nature also chose NOT to spare me any civil inconvenience!
I’d agree with you on the refugees if the majority of these “refugees” weren’t military age men instead of majority women, children, and elderly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies