Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 10:53 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,758,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Not at all actually.

In the not too distant past here we had some racist posters that were constantly starting threads about black youths getting into fights at malls, attacking white people on trains or wilding, polar bear hunting etc.

Maybe people should start posting those threads again. Or if they are no longer allowed, maybe these shouldn't be either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2018, 11:20 AM

19,849 posts, read 12,119,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Right. And if this crazy woman were black, you’d still be this insouciant about it?
If she was, OP likely wouldn’t have started a thread about it.

Old 06-14-2018, 11:24 AM

34,940 posts, read 36,284,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
If a black woman walked into a Vietnamese nail salon and went off on the owner for being Vietnamese and not speaking English to her liking, I'd see no reason not to post it and call her out for her behavior.

I mean, black people are apparently big Trump supporters now, per the threads I read in here, so maybe that black lady really has it out for immigrants?

Old 06-14-2018, 11:33 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,950,029 times
Quote:
Yeah, that drug is called Donald Trump.

It’s no coincidence that you’re seeing more incidents like this. It’s gonna keep happening until someone is made made an example of what happens when you shoot off your mouth with slick talking.

All these greasy mouthed Trump supporters are really feeling themselves.
If people like this woman are not doxed after 48 hrs, you can bet dollars to donuts they are not Trump supporters.

Old 06-14-2018, 11:39 AM

78,472 posts, read 60,666,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Right, it's sooo unfair to post articles showing the perpetrator of racist acts as white, as if it's some sort of agenda on this forum.

I wonder if some of these same people have an issue with articles highlighting black racism against whites on here. Notice in my threads I never go out of my way to highlight the perpetrator of these acts. I could care less whether they are white, black, Asian, whatever, they are all fools that need to be exposed. I don't go out of my way to find these articles, I just see what is posted on the Yahoo site and this story was posted on the main news feed.

Also, how convenient that people on here forget that I've also posted articles on here such as that white high school student that was 'shamed' on social media for 'cultural appropriation,' for wearing a red Chinese dress to her high school prom. I defended her.
Ok, let me backtrack...it's not your intent but you are subject to whatever Yahoo decides deserves your attention. If their editors think racist white will get better ratings well that's what you are presented. Meanwhile they're choosing another story to NOT be presented to you.

As such, by default you're just passing their agenda to generate ratings and profit along.

In the media, it's the "Year of the white racist".

For historical reference:

Quote:
The Summer of the Shark refers to the coverage of shark attacks by American news media in the summer of 2001. The sensationalist coverage of shark attacks began in early July following the Fourth of July weekend shark attack on 8-year-old Jessie Arbogast, and continued almost unabated—despite no evidence for an actual increase in attacks—until the September 11 terrorist attacks shifted the media's attention away from beaches. The Summer of the Shark has since been remembered as an example of tabloid television perpetuating a story with no real merit beyond its ability to draw ratings
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_of_the_Shark

Old 06-14-2018, 11:50 AM

78,472 posts, read 60,666,856 times
Quote:
Yeah, that drug is called Donald Trump.

It’s no coincidence that you’re seeing more incidents like this. It’s gonna keep happening until someone is made made an example of what happens when you shoot off your mouth with slick talking.

All these greasy mouthed Trump supporters are really feeling themselves.
That's as skeevy of a premise as someone posting thread after thread of black youths acting badly under the past administration and blaming it on them getting all full of themselves because they got a black president.

As a matter of fact, we did have some stormfronters posting around here that did that.
(and we slapped them down for it)

Well at least now you know where you picked that disease up, I'd suggest seeing a doctor about it.

Old 06-14-2018, 02:26 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,762,268 times
Quote:
Right. And if this crazy woman were black, you’d still be this insouciant about it?
Yes. What is there to do about it? So some lady goes off on someone else, mocks their language...and?

What? What do you think should be done about it? Is there something that can be done about it? What is the point of it? Are we to gather together and go stand outside her house with pitchforks and signs? What, exactly, do you think should be done here?

Old 06-14-2018, 02:32 PM

46,976 posts, read 26,026,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
So, some lady went off on an Asian lady and called her names.

And?

Now what.
Now she's held up to shame, which is beneficial. For her, so that she may improve her behavior, and for others, the better to be deterred by her example.

Old 06-14-2018, 02:41 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,233,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Yeah...YOU would’ve made the thread instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
That's as skeevy of a premise as someone posting thread after thread of black youths acting badly under the past administration and blaming it on them getting all full of themselves because they got a black president.

As a matter of fact, we did have some stormfronters posting around here that did that.
(and we slapped them down for it)

Well at least now you know where you picked that disease up, I'd suggest seeing a doctor about it.
You can deny all the hell you want to. These bigots have become emboldened in the era of Trump, and it’s high time that people quit laying down for it. Your analogy is a load of bull.

I’m getting sick of this overt racist crap. These folks need to start getting their teeth kicked in...NOW.

Old 06-14-2018, 02:45 PM

15,537 posts, read 10,516,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Yes. What is there to do about it? So some lady goes off on someone else, mocks their language...and?

What? What do you think should be done about it? Is there something that can be done about it? What is the point of it? Are we to gather together and go stand outside her house with pitchforks and signs? What, exactly, do you think should be done here?
I hear you, what are we hall monitors now? I could go stand under a bridge downtown and watch various people insult each other. But, what's the point? Am I suppose to say, "now, now people let's be nice to one another". Like that would end well, more than likely it wouldn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies