Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the U.S. start bombing Iran?
H E Double Hockey Sticks YEeeAAHH!!! 3 7.89%
No way.... 24 63.16%
Don't care- bombs or no bombs! I live in a cocoon of comfort from reality. 0 0%
Besides bombing Iran, let's turn the middle-east into a sheet of glass and get it done with! 11 28.95%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 09:48 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,197,413 times

Advertisements

Of course we are now currently, "off topic" I am subject to the same rules as everyone so if you feel something I write is off topic, feel free to report it and I will have another mod look at it, no skin off my nose as I don't take this stuff too much too heart.

OP asked if folks thought we were going to attack Iran, so I stated no, and why I said no. I will however offer to help pay the plane fare for those who wish to go over there an attack Iran.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2008, 09:50 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,340,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Of course we are now currently, "off topic" I am subject to the same rules as everyone so if you feel something I write is off topic, feel free to report it and I will have another mod look at it, no skin off my nose as I don't take this stuff too much too heart.

OP asked if folks thought we were going to attack Iran, so I stated no, and why I said no. I will however offer to help pay the plane fare for those who wish to go over there an attack Iran.
1. The only time I report stuff is when I am accused of being a rapist or murderer or something.

2. If they do, you will. So will we all.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:19 AM

2,935 posts, read 5,001,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
You're right. We should hide under our beds and convert to Shi'a Islam. Maybe then the Iranians will be nice to us.

p.s. You get to tell Gloria Steinem that she has to wear a burqua and give up her driver's license.
I must have missed the logical steps you apparently presented somewhere in which us not killing thousands of innocent Persians because their leader says mean, stupid things about us somehow equates to America becoming a Shiite theocracy. Don't listen to so much talk radio, there is such a thing as containment.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
I must have missed the logical steps you apparently presented somewhere in which us not killing thousands of innocent Persians because their leader says mean, stupid things about us somehow equates to America becoming a Shiite theocracy. Don't listen to so much talk radio, there is such a thing as containment.
I never listen to talk radio, though I know many people who preface virtually every conversation with "They had a report on NPR..."; if that helps...

Containment requires both an assessment of the enemy's motivation and the threat of action to make it effective.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:53 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,483,911 times
Default The March 20, 2008 US Declaration of War on Iran

Here is some links -

Japan Focus (http://www.japanfocus.org/products/details/2707 - broken link)
SERENDIP: Day of Infamy: The March 20, 2008 US Declaration of War on Iran
Good one here (W.P.)
washingtonpost.com
U.S. Declaration of war on Iran - The March 20 2008
Day of Infamy: The March 20, 2008 U.S. Declaration of War on Iran

Do i hear the war-drums beating?

Old 03-30-2008, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
Here is some links -

Japan Focus (http://www.japanfocus.org/products/details/2707 - broken link)
SERENDIP: Day of Infamy: The March 20, 2008 US Declaration of War on Iran
Good one here (W.P.)
washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines
U.S. Declaration of war on Iran - The March 20 2008
Day of Infamy: The March 20, 2008 U.S. Declaration of War on Iran (http://www.guerrillanews.com/forum/thread.php?id=30345 - broken link)

Do i hear the war-drums beating?
I think they may just be bongos.

Your sources inculde a handful of nutball sites (Guerilla news network? ) and a WP rehash of a Bush remark? That's it?

No Al-Jazeera? Here, I saved you the trouble...

alJazeera Magazine - Iran, U.S. locked in a new cold war?

Don't forget common dreams...

The US War with Iran has Already Begun

And skyhen....

skyhen.org :: The US war with Iran has already begun (Aljazeera) (http://www.skyhen.org/Focus/iran/the_us_war_with_iran_has_already_begun.php - broken link)

Old 03-30-2008, 01:19 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
Quote:
You've got it backwards. Iran, in reality, is waging war on the U.S., actively and admittedly, and has been since they seized our embassy back in 1979. They actively foment Islamic fundamentalist and terrorist groups around the world, they supply militias and terrorists in Iraq, they make the bombs which kill our soldiers in Iraq, and they are working to develop a nuclear weapon with which to threaten our country and its allies.

Bombing Iran right now would be a bad idea. Keeping Iran wondering when the blow will come, on the other hand, is an excellent strategy. Any country so firmly in the grip of religious maniacs needs to be kept as unstable as possible.
good one. it is uncertainty that is useful.

Old 03-30-2008, 01:40 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,257,416 times
Well, Jenna Bush is getting married in April so I'm sure GW would not want anything to disrupt that. My bets are on Memorial Day weekend

Old 03-30-2008, 01:41 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,257,416 times
Oooops, she is getting married in early May, sorry! But I still say Memorial Day.

Old 03-30-2008, 04:34 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,483,911 times
Quote:
I think they may just be bongos.

Your sources inculde a handful of nutball sites (Guerilla news network? ) and a WP rehash of a Bush remark? That's it?

No Al-Jazeera? Here, I saved you the trouble...

alJazeera Magazine - Iran, U.S. locked in a new cold war?

Don't forget common dreams...

The US War with Iran has Already Begun

And skyhen....

skyhen.org :: The US war with Iran has already begun (Aljazeera) (http://www.skyhen.org/Focus/iran/the_us_war_with_iran_has_already_begun.php - broken link)

Thanks, it was interesting to see the dates on when the articles were written. Geez, i must be slow! ....

It seems to be manifesting itself. (war with Iran)

In response to "nutball sites", i don't discriminate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies