Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 12:26 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
What should she have worn.. no matter what she would be criticised. Isnt this more about Fonda.. the forgotten man who wants back to the front of the queue..
Her outfit, minus that jacket, was perfectly fine. She's married to a billionaire (he claims), so come on... she even had another jacket ON THE PLANE.

Who knows what Fonda's motive was? The Fondas have always been "out there."

Old 06-22-2018, 12:29 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
IMO a moderator is moderating posts and threads but I have the feeling that we are landed at the same point as with the FBI....

So how can one be objective about a post and write about Palin's family being a train wreck as thats your opinion and when I gave my opinion about Bourdain having made remarks about Trump and his family i was given an infraction violation for the remark for trolling?

I'm just curious what is allowed and when is called trolling as I have no problem for you to mention Palins family being a train wreck as thats your opinion, but my fact about Boudain having made a remark about poisoning the President thats called trolling.
I have no clue. I don't moderate this forum. Why don't you write a moderator and ask?

Maybe it was not in context. Maybe they'll think the line of questioning I was responding to here was not in context and my post will ultimately wind up deleted. I was merely responding to a comment about being an independent voter.

I am often accused of being a Democrat. I find it insulting. As if I'd join a party!

Old 06-22-2018, 12:33 PM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What should she have worn? Something that didn't note that she "didn't care". You can go through the many threads on here and you will not find where I have said anything about the first lady, good, bad or indifferent before. What others have done or said has no bearing on what I said. Yes, this is about Fonda so I will drop it.
I read it was a message to the media who tell so many lies about them..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2018, 12:35 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Oh, like those right-wing family values priorities where they're divorced 5 times with 3 different wives and 12 kids?

LOL.

No political group has the market cornered on good behavior.

If Sarah Palin and her train wreck of a family proved anything, it was that right-wingers can be hypocrites and disastrous parents just as much as the rest of us.
Here's the difference...

One person's behavior only affects people in their circle.

Liberals want to negatively effect family values through policy to make their behavior legal - which affects everyone.

If I am choosing one or the other - give me the one that does not seek destructive family policies on everyone.

Old 06-22-2018, 05:07 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
If you think that Roseanne didn't know she was black, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

At least Fonda immediately apologized and said that he was wrong to say that stuff, period.

No "I did not realize he was so young" and no "it was the Ambien."

I can give him some small amount of credit for owning his stupid comments.

Her? Naw. She meant all that nasty crap and that's why she wasn't actually apologetic.

I think she does care that she cost all those people their jobs, though. But, she knows them.
Sorry to say but I didn’t know she was black. Not that I even care what the color of ones skin is as to
Me everyone is a human first.

You may believe that or not. I knew she was Iranian and to be honest I never heard of a black Iranian.

Old 06-23-2018, 07:14 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I mentioned in the OP that the Tweet was gone.

No one said anything close to this about Obama's kids. The family is usually off limits from this stuff - not anymore.

Here's another of Fonda's Tweets

Unless you’re talking about a Trump then it’s a free for all. I guess it’s ok to attack his family. I mean what kind of a scumbag says a child should be locked up with pedophiles. Are you kidding me with this ****?

Old 06-24-2018, 04:00 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Is there anyone on the left who called for Peter Fonda to be banned?

Awfully quiet from leftist! What a huge disgrace! Where are the once who agreed that kids are off limit?

These things shouldn't even be said about any person!
The left will have a discussion about the ills of pedophilia with Roman Polanski as the key speaker. These are the same clowns who trot out the homophobe Joy Reid and the bigot Rev Al to discuss discrimination.

Old 06-24-2018, 05:14 PM

23,452 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Sorry to say but I didn’t know she was black. Not that I even care what the color of ones skin is as to
Me everyone is a human first.

You may believe that or not. I knew she was Iranian and to be honest I never heard of a black Iranian.
Many didn't know it seems. I didn't know at first and had thought she was white, didn't care though. Only learning later that she was black when someone mentioned her parents, didn't care then either.

Seems that Fonda must be a racist, with what he'd tweeted about ICE agents and their kids (wanting to terrorize them). No doubt many of the agents and their kids are black. If Barr, or anyone on the right for that matter, had been the one who had made Fonda's tweet about the agents and their kids they would have immediately been labeled a racist...but it's okay when someone like Fonda does it

Old 06-24-2018, 05:22 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What a sick bastard that guy has turned out to be!
He must be one of those pedophiles scared to death they are next to get locked up.

He should have been so virtuous, when inner-city youth were living worse conditions than that and getting even worse yet, under Obama's watch.
I'm wondering though, if you aren't far off the mark. Maybe why some of these powerful democrats are so upset about this, is because the flow of fresh meat for them will be slim pickings in the near future.

Old 06-25-2018, 06:57 AM

29,442 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
No... it's not. Rhetoric, even if it is awful (and what he said was awful) is nothing compared to comparing a human being to a monkey. Never mind all the other hateful **** Barr has said over the years.

Granted, not by much, but yeah... quit acting like some old actor dude who is clearly "out there" trying to draw a comparison and doing a poor job of it is the same as some racist, old actress saying racist things about someone and passing it off as "it was the Ambien."

At least Fonda didn't blame his tweet on pharmaceuticals, even if he was probably drunk or the like when it posted that nonsense.

So, is holding a severed head of our POTUS just awful rhetoric and still nothing compared to what Barr said ? Just curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies