Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 11:00 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,393,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Haha too funny . You forgot stool sample.

The People’s Republic of California .
Practice rounds of testing stool samples will take place at Venice Beach and Hollywood Blvd. Plenty of free samples all over the place there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2018, 11:01 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,489,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
49 other states for you to go to. Of course that would cut your material down on this website by 90%.
Easy for you to say . You are fortunate enough to live in a Republican run city .. San Diego.

Old 06-22-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
You're as irresistible (I think that's what you're trying to write) as the other 325 million people who live here.

Personally, I'm perfectly okay if you shoot smack straight into your eyeball (and in this case I mean specifically you). I'm not okay with it if you're a 9 year old and a stupid adult is making that decision for you.
Forgive the spelling error. Public schools strike again!

Send me some tax money and I'll catch up on my learnin'.

Old 06-22-2018, 11:05 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,489,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Practice rounds of testing stool samples will take place at Venice Beach and Hollywood Blvd. Plenty of free samples all over the place there.
There were lots of samples in Orange County’s Santa Ana riverbed too .

I guess we should thank the homeless for all that scientific material ..

5,279 pounds of fecal matter . How disgusting is that sentence ...

—-

— The Orange County Public Works department says 404 tons of debris has been removed from a former homeless encampment where more than 700 people lived until they were recently moved to motels and other housing.

Debris including 13,950 needles and 5,279 pounds of fecal matter and other human waste was found along the roughly two-mile stretch of bike trail roughly from I-5 in Orange to Ball Road in Anaheim, the Orange County Register reports.

Old 06-22-2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:
49 other states for you to go to. Of course that would cut your material down on this website by 90%.
If he moves I'll stay here in Alhambra.

Then you can pay me to subsidize him with material. I'll threaten to fine/cage you if you don't.

We'll call it "taxation".

Old 06-22-2018, 11:09 AM

Quote:
There were lots of samples in Orange County’s Santa Ana riverbed too .

I guess we should thank the homeless for all that scientific material ..

5,279 pounds of fecal matter . How disgusting is that sentence ...

—-

— The Orange County Public Works department says 404 tons of debris has been removed from a former homeless encampment where more than 700 people lived until they were recently moved to motels and other housing.

Debris including 13,950 needles and 5,279 pounds of fecal matter and other human waste was found along the roughly two-mile stretch of bike trail roughly from I-5 in Orange to Ball Road in Anaheim, the Orange County Register reports.
I saw that on the news. Gross.

Old 06-22-2018, 11:10 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,571,556 times
Quote:
Easy for you to say . You are fortunate enough to live in a Republican run city .. San Diego.
Republicans in any other state would consider Faulconer a communist.

Old 06-22-2018, 11:11 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,571,556 times
Quote:
If he moves I'll stay here in Alhambra.

Then you can pay me to subsidize him with material. I'll threaten to fine/cage you if you don't.

We'll call it "taxation".

It'll be worth it for you to become part of the government.

Old 06-22-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
It'll be worth it for you to become part of the government.
Ok, that's not bad.

8/10

Old 06-22-2018, 11:20 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,353,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
we just went from taking soda off of a kids menu to killing retail jobs?
Nobody has much enthusiasm for retail jobs; but in the post-industrial, personal-service-oriented world the nanny-staters want, its most of what's available (save in the ever-expanding bureaucracy of which they dream of being an important part).

Quote:
I have a feeling I'm going to agree with this post just as soon as 2sleepy and Uncle Sam approve it for my viewing pleasure.
Because power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

The proper role of government (at any level) is to police a uniform set of standards (things like weights and measures), to provide a common defense against well-identified threats (natural, criminal or foreign hostile) and to allow settlement of disputes between individuals via impartial courts; That is All, at least in theory.

In the real world, like most "small l" libertarians, I'm wiling to go somewhat further; nothing wrong with keeping liquor (and "soft" drugs, for that matter) out of the hands of people under age 18) and I don't have a problem with a "safety net" -- provided it's locally policed and the habitual abusers are readily identified and made known to the community.

And as for the rabble contaminating the worst of our streets, they need to be rounded up, temporarily confined, and offered a not-too-pleasant choice between taking responsibility for their lives, or a secure-but-menial existence on society's dime. A mature, post-industrial society can easily afford this, if it has the resolve to draw a hard line, and stick to it.

The rest is none of the do-gooders' concern; if you seek absolute security, I know a place where you can get it -- it's ten feet long, three feet wide, and six feet deep.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 06-22-2018 at 11:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies