Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 08:12 AM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,087,965 times

Advertisements

The White House press office declared...

“We can’t deport them, we can’t separate them, we can’t detain them, we can’t prosecute them. What (the Democrats) want is a radical open-border policy that lets everyone out into the interior of this country with virtually no documentation whatsoever.”

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/trump-warns-u-s-could-follow-path-of-germany-on-immigration

If Trump can't stop them what will it be like when the dems get back in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2018, 08:26 AM

45,662 posts, read 27,282,625 times
I don't understand how you came up with that thread title.

You didn't understand he was reflecting what open border liberals want?

Old 06-22-2018, 08:27 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,716,928 times
I read he is asking to enforce immigration "the same way Barack Obama did it.", which is ironic because he has been parroting Obama did not enforce it at all.

Old 06-22-2018, 08:34 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,879,089 times
This is just one more failure by a toothless tiger. Trump talks a good game, but that is all he can do. I think it is funny as Hell that the Republicans have total control, and yet they blame the Democrats for keeping them from doing anything !

Some Republicans are starting to vote to stop some of Trumps stupid ideas, even they can not take it any more.

Old 06-22-2018, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You didn't understand he was reflecting what open border liberals want?
The problem with that argument is that no one is actually asking for open borders.

Old 06-22-2018, 08:47 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,328,425 times
Trump is just having a temper tantrum because he's discovering he can't be a king or a dictator.

Old 06-22-2018, 08:54 AM

68,349 posts, read 54,490,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post

“We can’t deport them, we can’t separate them, we can’t detain them, we can’t prosecute them. What (the Democrats) want is a radical open-border policy that lets everyone out into the interior of this country with virtually no documentation whatsoever.”

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/trump-warns-u-s-could-follow-path-of-germany-on-immigration

One of Donny's campaign promises was to form an 'immigration force' to quickly remove 11,000,000 illegals from the country.

Just another lie from a compulsive liar.

Old 06-22-2018, 08:56 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,295,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I read he is asking to enforce immigration "the same way Barack Obama did it.", which is ironic because he has been parroting Obama did not enforce it at all.
When Donald Trump speaks, no one listens.

If you remember the commercial well................

I have the right to condemn Trump in speaking out of both sides of his mouth as I indeed did condemn Obama for the same thing. But this is about Trump.

Trump has every tool he needs to put a huge dent in immigration right now. It's been said endlessly. Start hammering those who hire those here illegally and you make a big dent. There have been a couple notable busts in Ohio the last week and I support that BUT in neither case were the owners arrested or charged. You do not have over 100 illegals working for you and be able to claim you didn't know.

Start doing that and both sides come to the table to try and work out a solution also as they start getting real heat back home.

Trump (and yes others) want to demonize everyone but those who are ultimately responsible for people coming here.

Old 06-22-2018, 08:56 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,000,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post

I think you are taking the speech out of context. I seen the video of him speaking and he was not literally speaking that ...

Old 06-22-2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Trump has every tool he needs to put a huge dent in immigration right now.
Of course he has the tools. He also has the tools to stop the Indian consulting companies from flooding US IT companies with Indians. I recently visited a large client (in US) who had about a hundred developers, and at least 90 were Indians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies