Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2018, 11:37 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,322 times

Advertisements

This is what we do actually know.
Melania Trump Makes Surprise Visit at Detention Center | Time

Notice no jacket....maybe that was just to get on the plane in WA? Maybe the media is making up more crap for ratings?

This is what Melania ACTUALLY said:

“First Lady Melania Trump has arrived in Texas to take part in briefings and tours at a nonprofit social services center for children who have entered the United States illegally and a customs and border patrol processing center,” her office said in a statement. “Her goals are to thank law enforcement and social services providers for their hard work, lend support and hear more on how the administration can build upon the already existing efforts to reunite children with their families.”

“She wants to see what’s happening for herself and she wants to lend her support, executive order or not,” said Grisham. “The executive order certainly is helping pave the way a little bit, but there’s still a lot to be done.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2018, 11:38 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post

Notice no jacket....maybe that was just to get on the plane in WA? Maybe the media is making up more crap for ratings?

“First Lady Melania Trump has arrived in Texas to take part in briefings and tours at a nonprofit social services center for children who have entered the United States illegally and a customs and border patrol processing center,” her office said in a statement. “Her goals are to thank law enforcement and social services providers for their hard work, lend support and hear more on how the administration can build upon the already existing efforts to reunite children with their families.”

“She wants to see what’s happening for herself and she wants to lend her support, executive order or not,” said Grisham. “The executive order certainly is helping pave the way a little bit, but there’s still a lot to be done.”
That is what HER OFFICE said, not her.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
The disconnect with reality in this thread is really disturbing.

How do we know what a jacket with writing on it said? Really? I guess being a Trumpling means you really do have to believe him instead of your lying eyes
I'm surprised you're not embarrassed to say this after the false picture the media used with the false caption for separating children. Finally, the husbands like, no no, they didn't get separated, she actually kidnaped my daughter and paid a coyote 6000 bucks and that's from 2014. My daughters crying because she's hungry.

So no, would not believe my eyes when watching the media manipulate photos and giving opinions as facts. I wouldn't recommend it. Research it yourself.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
That is what HER OFFICE said, not her.
I'm thinking you didn't watch the video of her speaking, without the jacket I might add.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:44 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
I'm thinking you didn't watch the video of her speaking, without the jacket I might add.
I did and the bimbo asked how long the children are detained away from their parents. When the worker responded with 45 days, Melania said, "That is great!"

Old 06-23-2018, 11:46 AM

Here are her words. But I have no doubt you will spin it according to your hate meter. No jacket, no hate for children.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I did and the bimbo asked how long the children are detained away from their parents. When the worker responded with 45 days, Melania said, "That is great!"
Right on cue!

Old 06-23-2018, 11:48 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:

Melania Trump wore the jacket both boarding the plane at Andrews and deplaning once she returned from her trip. It was 80+ degrees in Washington. She did not wear the jacket while in Texas. She put the jacket on while on the returning plane and kept the jacket on as she exited the plane and shortly afterwards arrived back at the White House, where she exited the car still wearing the jacket and walked directly to the West Wing, where the Oval Office is located, presumably to meet with the president and/or his assistants.

It was a very obviously deliberately intended statement - just what it really was meant to convey is the question.

Remember, Melania Trump is a former fashion model, usually wears high ticket designer clothing, and is not noticeably spontaneous in any way, certainly not in her carefully selected official wardrobe. The jacket cost $39 originally and is last year's model, made by Zara, a company which has also made concentration camp-style children's striped pajamas with a yellow Star of David on the top, a swastika-adorned handbag, and Pepe the Frog appliqued jeans.

Notes from unpaid teenage Zara workers in Turkey have been found in the pockets of Zara clothing, pleading for assistance.

That Melania Trump would deliberately wear such a garment, made by such a company, on such a mission, is breathtaking. Stay tuned - is mystery thus far.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:51 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
I see the zoo inhabitants are still jumping and shrieking over this.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:53 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Remember, the Media made a big deal over Melania wearing high heels to board AF1 on her way to view the hurricane destruction, and be with the victims. Of course she switched to sneakers on the plane as planned, but that didn't stop the Media from demonizing her. They are pathetic morons.

Almost as pathetic as the morons who'd make a big issue of Obama putting his feet on his desk or not wearing a tie, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies