Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2018, 12:07 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyrallnamestaken View Post
It's hard to find something positive about Trump. I have tried. The thing is I have a problem with the bullying tactics, the anger and the lashing out at women and nonwhites.

If it's eight years of this, there will be so much violence in this country. How are we going to be able to live our lives? If you are so angry at liberals, you will be miserable with your own life. You will not have any peace. Feeling like you are right about your anger and hatred is not how I would want to live my life.

You can be strong on border control WITHOUT criticizing the whole hispanic population. I have no problem with requiring/enforcing that people come through the "front door".

I can't change the person I am inside. I cannot stomach the violence when I hear about somebody beating up an old man because he is not white. https://www.click2houston.com/news/n...back-to-mexico

The day this doesn't bother me, means I have no soul.
the violence you speak of isn't Trump's fault, it is the fault of the people themselves responsible for their own actions...no one can make you do something that isn't in you in the first place....I'm sorry but this violence started a long time ago when people started ignoring rules and laws...it is a rippling effect, you ignore one, and another gets ignored and another until one day, you have chaos...you cannot ignore laws...laws govern society...

I don't blame the whole hispanic community, I blame each and every human being who has come into this land illegally....there are many people who came here and obtained their citizenship. And yes, you are right, they all need to come thru the front door, what is dangerous is, there are a lot of people here who would do us harm, they want our land, and in the end, if you continue this, they will take it...they are playing the trojan horse again.

History repeats itself over and over and still man never learns, that laws must apply to everyone, b/c when you start excusing them for one, you have to for others and soon it depletes everything....and yes, whoever beat up that man should be put in jail and throw away the key, as much as I hate the fact that our borders are wide open, there is no excuse for that....

and the same goes for all the thoughtless deaths on cops...and so forth...there are evil crazy people in this world...but it isn't anyone's fault but their own...their choice to harm others.

Old 07-10-2018, 12:19 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,452,611 times
Evangelical Christianity is the root cause of the cruelty in the Southern U.S. Calvinism is not a very forgiving religion and Southern Baptistry, loosely descended from it, was the predominant religion through the South. Then independent Megachurches started popping up recently to decentralize the movement to insulate it reprisals and make any reprisals harder.

Yet these people are yelling "Sharia Law is coming!" and Islam is the biggest threat. Yet the theocracy threat is already in the U.S. with the Southern Baptist tradition and its descendants/derivations.

Old 07-10-2018, 12:31 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Don't try and deflect. What you said was disgusting, and I think even you know it. Don't try and move your words onto me.
Then say that. Don't try and put words in my mouth with your projection.

You said it, not I.

Old 07-10-2018, 12:35 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyrallnamestaken View Post
It's hard to find something positive about Trump. I have tried. The thing is I have a problem with the bullying tactics, the anger and the lashing out at women and nonwhites.

If it's eight years of this, there will be so much violence in this country. How are we going to be able to live our lives? If you are so angry at liberals, you will be miserable with your own life. You will not have any peace. Feeling like you are right about your anger and hatred is not how I would want to live my life.

You can be strong on border control WITHOUT criticizing the whole hispanic population. I have no problem with requiring/enforcing that people come through the "front door".

I can't change the person I am inside. I cannot stomach the violence when I hear about somebody beating up an old man because he is not white. https://www.click2houston.com/news/n...back-to-mexico

The day this doesn't bother me, means I have no soul.

I bet the bullies do feel "Bullied" when someone finally stands up to them and kicks their ass badly..... It is different than always pushing others around.

Old 07-10-2018, 12:36 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
as an outsider looking in, but difficult to understand.
It's not difficult to understand. We got tired of being lied to and sold out to globalist politicians.

Old 07-10-2018, 12:50 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The nation was established under the laws of nature, not men.

The weak & the freaks were culled, while the strong survived. Then came the intellectual collective Marxist movement, called Progressivism here. The 16th and 17th amendments allowed the welfare state to be established. So, the weak & the freaks drag down the species now.

Too many people don't fish under the collective quandary. They expect others to fish for them.
Quote:
Then say that. Don't try and put words in my mouth with your projection.

You said it, not I.
Are they your words or mine?

Old 07-10-2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
It's not difficult to understand. We got tired of being lied to and sold out to globalist politicians.
Now THAT I understand. I feel exactly the same way here in England. But Donald isn't your saviour. I wish he was, but he isn't.

Old 07-10-2018, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Where are they now? Did the strong survive, or the weak and the freaks?
Your words or mine?

Old 07-10-2018, 01:34 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,225,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
That was and is done by people, EXACTLY LIKE TRUMP !!! maybe some should read more... because when he talked Infrastructure, it was to sell out the repair's of our infrastructure to the rich Saudi's who operate in the same network of spinning dark money, as Trump does.

Old 07-10-2018, 01:45 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:

I am sorry it ever has to end. I could come and read here every day into the distant future. But all threads eventually go to city-data heaven.........
I used to think that too yet I find myself not coming as often as I used too. To see this nation be tore apart by our own government and watch the same arguments over and over again becomes pointless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies