Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2018, 02:28 PM

1,923 posts, read 84,102 times

Advertisements

She can legaly sue Sanders for tweeting the incident in her official work tweeter account!

Old 06-24-2018, 02:28 PM

599 posts, read 276,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
If this had happened to someone in the Obama administration, Libs would be doing all kind of physical violence to the Restaurant.
Guaranteed, because they're teaching everyone what it means to be tolerant

+1
Couldn't rep you again

Old 06-24-2018, 02:30 PM

10,024 posts, read 15,671,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LasAguilas View Post
She can legaly sue Sanders for tweeting the incident in her official work tweeter account!
Isn't the owner proud of what she did? Doesn't she want everyone to know? She gave an interview to the Washington Post so it doesn't seem like she's hiding it.

Old 06-24-2018, 02:32 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Not if the reason she was asked to leave was because of her job, which it was.

Old 06-24-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
The fact that the owner of a small (29 seats) restaurant chooses to not serve a party of 7 presumably big spenders, shows the disdain real Americans have for POTUS and all who associate with him. Cheers to the owner!
What ever happened to "Love Everybody"?

(oh, sorry I forgot - "Except those people" Now I remember)

Old 06-24-2018, 02:34 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
I was just told she the owner of the restaurant has hired a lawyer and is ready to sue.

she CAN
On what grounds? She can't deny it happened, as she gave an interview to the Washington Post.

Old 06-24-2018, 02:34 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...d-do-it-again/

The owners explanation to me sounds like she needs to post a note on the door to say who is welcome and who not.

How rude to ask for someone to leave based on owners own words.

The left has now lowered the bar.

I’m counting the days till this restaurant will be closed. I bet many others will be appalled by this handling and not just Republicans who will stay away.

This is not refusing to serve but an already served partybeing kicked out for ridiculous reasons.

Or people should eat there and leave zero tip for rude employees and owner.
I think what this business owner did was stupid by allowing her emotion based ideology to override her better business sense.
However I support her right to do so, as the government has no business telling private citizens how to run their business.

I also believe she will suffer an economic hit not just from Trump supporters and conservatives, but also moderates and those concerned with civil liberties. Only the hard leftist kooks will support this, and for all we know, she might be one of them.

`

Old 06-24-2018, 02:35 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Don’t like serving the public get out of the service industry With that being said, you stand on your principle you take the fallout for the stance I heard her reservations are booked for weeks out.

Old 06-24-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Then you better take off your shoes and count on your toes too, because this business isn't going anywhere. They have been there forever, their on line reviews are all 5 star, and their customer base mostly voted AGAINST Trump. If anything, their business will now flourish, as like minded people seek them out, and they got a lot of free advertising.

Looks like a great little restaurant, I may just take a little drive some day and go there. I will be sure to ask for the owner, shake her hand, and tell her I would have done exactly the same thing.

Her business, her right to serve who she wants.

Tell that to Starbucks

Old 06-24-2018, 02:36 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
I read the review from a customerwho was sick (suspected the food), told a waitress, and her reply was "It happens". Then she asked if they were done, because other patrons needed to be seated. Another review mentioned dry pork chops and mediocre drinks.
Have you never heard of fake reviews?? It happens literally everywhere, every day, from restaurants to products to services. Wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies