Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2018, 07:56 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,853,679 times

Advertisements

I believe the real reason that Stephanie Wilkinson and her employees treated Sarah and her party they way they did is because they know that Sarah is a Christian.

I'll bet Stephanie Wilkinson feels like a fool now that she showed her true radical colors to Sarah's liberal Democrat inlaws by stalking them across the street.

Old 06-26-2018, 07:59 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,853,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Easy to say that since Twitter wasn't around like it is now, with the possible exception of Obama. I like how Trump has a means to defend himself and get it out to the masses, as a get around the MSM who often does not give him coverage when it would benefit him. I don't use twitter myself, either to send or receive, but I like that he can get his messages out there, forcing the MSM to report on it.
These people have met their match and then some. President Trump makes them stay honest or show the world who they are. They get to choose.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:02 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,947,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Did you support the Christian bakers decision? Do you support the Red Hen owner's decision? If so, your post describes yourself.
No and yes, the baker was illegal in that state due to protective classes, but Sarah Huckabee Sanders being who she is isn't a protected class. That is the key difference. Those on the right are saying it isn't right only because one of them got caught are hypocrites, I'm not because they are different cases.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:02 AM

89,215 posts, read 44,965,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
I believe the real reason that Stephanie Wilkinson and her employees treated Sarah and her party they way they did is because they know that Sarah is a Christian.

I'll bet Stephanie Wilkinson feels like a fool now that she showed her true radical colors to Sarah's liberal Democrat inlaws by stalking them across the street.
Well, it's pretty clear Ms. Wilkinson has severely damaged Lexington, VA's tourist trade, which is of vital necessity to the small town. Liberals like to talk a big game but very rarely put their money where their mouths are when the rubber meets the road. They always expect someone else to pay for what they want.

Lexington, VA is a popular stop for avid history buff tourist groups and tour packages. Many now are dropping Lexington from their agenda.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:04 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,098,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
I think the Red Hen owner was within her rights. People who own private businesses do have a right to deny services to people who espouse viewpoint that the owner is strongly, religiously opposed to. That's what the Supreme court said, and there is a history of that in this country. But I don't agree with shouting people down, as in what was done to Kirstjen Nielson and others. I think that the in-your-face screaming, getting in peoples' way, crowding in and shouting obscenities is dangerous. It could break into violence with just a small mistake or mistaken interpretation. I don't this that kind of intimidation at Planned Parenthood or abortion clinics is right, so why would I think it was right in other settings?

The owner at the Red Hen reportedly took Sarah aside and politely asked her to leave. That is a lot different from screaming in her face, trying to whip up a crowd.
I am afraid of what I might do if I saw someone doing this to someone else. I would feel obligated to get close enough to cold **** the person doing the screaming, no matter what side he is on. Especially if I were trying to have a peaceful meal at a restaurant.

I would probably aim for the guy's throat, to shut him up. And then I would probably be in prison for the rest of my life, but the guy wouldn't be able to do that to someone else.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:05 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,339,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...d-do-it-again/

The owners explanation to me sounds like she needs to post a note on the door to say who is welcome and who not.

How rude to ask for someone to leave based on owners own words.

The left has now lowered the bar.

I’m counting the days till this restaurant will be closed. I bet many others will be appalled by this handling and not just Republicans who will stay away.

This is not refusing to serve but an already served partybeing kicked out for ridiculous reasons.

Or people should eat there and leave zero tip for rude employees and owner.

Good for Owner of the Red Hen. Isn't this like refusing to serve blacks or gays?

Old 06-26-2018, 08:07 AM

89,215 posts, read 44,965,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
No and yes, the baker was illegal in that state due to protective classes
As SCOTUS ruled in the baker's case, government can neither impose nor enforce regulations/laws that violate Constitutional Rights. Why? US Constitution Supremacy Clause, Article VI:

"This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding."

Old 06-26-2018, 08:09 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,098,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
I didn't say that. What I asked was, are you CERTAIN that those signs came from Republican business establishments? I didn't see an elephant stamped on any of them.
But you could rightfully state that it must have been a jackass who made them.

Old 06-26-2018, 09:09 AM

599 posts, read 277,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I don't get why Trump supporters defend the Christian bakers who cite religious convictions to deny homosexuals (which is a case of discrimination in some states but not nationally) but yet a specific individual who is a public political figure or individuals with certain political ideologies, which is NOT a protected class. It is pure mental gymnastics and nothing more from these people. They are hypocrites, nothing more, nothing less.
But the door of hypocrisy swings both ways.

I fully understand the law and the distinction you've cited, but on principle, the restaurant owner was in the wrong. Period.

Old 06-26-2018, 09:13 AM

599 posts, read 277,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Of course not. It’s circle jerk material from Occupy Democrats.
You want more examples of the calm, reasoned, tolerant attitudes of the commies we're dealing with, visit The Other 98% page.

Get ready, it's war!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies