Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 03:46 PM

20,189 posts, read 9,092,439 times

Advertisements

trash working for trash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2018, 03:48 PM

19,890 posts, read 9,442,687 times
I absolutely hate Trump, I absolutely support freedom of speech in almost all cases (like, 99% of the time), and I also absolutely believe that this person should be fired. Even if she does not respect Trump and feels the same way about him as I do, as an intern -- a job that thousands of young people would almost give their right arm to have -- she should respect the office of POTUS and show much more maturity than she displayed. Peer pressure isn't even much of an excuse in elementary school, so why should it be an excuse for someone who is 21 years old?

Last edited by katharsis; 06-26-2018 at 04:03 PM..

Old 06-26-2018, 03:50 PM

16,335 posts, read 10,465,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcattwood View Post
I am saying there a lot of people that cheer on Trump's lack of decorum that are in a tizzy when the same lack of respect is served right back at him.
This is a great post that needs a second display.

Old 06-26-2018, 03:59 PM

348 posts, read 256,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I absolutely hate Trump, I absolutely support freedom of speech in almost all cases (like, 99% of the time), and I also absolutely believe that this person should be fired. Even if she does not respect Trump and feels the same way about him as I do, as an intern -- a job that thousands of young people would almost give their right arm to be -- she should respect the office of POTUS and show much more maturity than she displayed. Peer pressure isn't even much of an excuse in elementary school, so why should it be an excuse for someone who is 21 years old?
I agree she should appreciate the opportunity of being selected as an intern when so many applied for that job. She is learning if she hates her future boss or the CEO of a company she can trash them publicly.

She should have been fired.

Old 06-26-2018, 05:58 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,775,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Nice Reprimand, my foot.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Wi...can_politician)

"Wilson was re-elected in 2010 by 9 percentage points over his closest challenger and when he ran unopposed in the 2012 general election he was re-elected with 96% of the vote. Wilson won re-election in 2014 with more than 62% of the vote in a three-way race."

This may be a lie by itself as Wikepedia seems to have doubts about the contributor.

THIIS is the GOP party and he represents all Trumpers. They have no shame so stop complaining about an honest shout out to the president that came from the heart.
I see the larger problem being with the young woman's boss Hassan. Had Hassan fired her perhaps she would learned from the experience. By not firing her Hassan is setting her up for a world of trouble when she enters the real world, assumes she does someday. She'd be fired on the spot in just about any private sector job.

The other problem with Hassan's condoning what happened is she will likely get even worse behavior from interns and staff members going forward now that they know there are no expectations for public decorum. Does Hassan want to create that kind of image for herself?

Old 06-26-2018, 08:48 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,729,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebebe View Post
I agree she should appreciate the opportunity of being selected as an intern when so many applied for that job. She is learning if she hates her future boss or the CEO of a company she can trash them publicly.

She should have been fired.
I wonder what public employees are learning from the likes of Scott Pruitt? There seems to be a lot more interest from the right for an intern with a potty mouth than somebody has actually abused their office for political gain. I guess as long as he continues to suck up to the boss it's all good.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:58 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,855,116 times
She's a liberal in training. To behave this way is their life's ambition. The intern hopes to attain to that.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:59 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,881,911 times
It's obviously unacceptable professional behavior, to put it lightly, but on the other hand, President Trump and his staff have a really serious case of "can dish it out but can't take it." So meh all around.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:59 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,507,901 times
Joe Wilson. No moral high ground for the right. Enuff said.

Old 06-26-2018, 09:11 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,881,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
And the more critical point, "F-you" is a flat out personal attack that puts in question the physical safety of the target of such words, as well as others associated with the target. Personal attack v.s angry political disagreement. Its pretty clear, nothing is "twisted" about that.
"F you" is not a threat at all.

Creepy stalker suggestions like this are much more threatening:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Publish her and her boss's home info and protest outside. Follow them to restaurants and the movies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies