Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 10:24 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Hell, Trump could write a check for that (if he's as rich as he claims).

Trump could write that check, but you better get to the bank fast. He has been known to write a few bad ones now and then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2018, 10:25 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Trump could write that check, but you better get to the bank fast. He has been known to write a few bad ones now and then.
I doubt Bank of Moscow can cover it.

Old 06-26-2018, 10:39 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Billion jobs? Well we will definitely need more immigrants.
Yeah he does say crazy stuff

Old 06-26-2018, 10:49 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:
If money is the barometer for wisdom then why does Trump attack Bezos?

Sorry but we have seen way too many companies saying how they NOW will invest in America while they had those plans prior to Trump. Just a PR stunt.
Have you done any research whatsoever on Pratt? I didn't recognize the name, so I looked him up. The man has made similar pledges and followed through on them.

At the very least, read his profile on Wikipedia. Not my favorite source for information, but the page is well documented and I found nothing to refute the info.

Why the negativity here? An apparently well known and successful foreign businessman who has a track record of following through on his word wants to invest in American jobs and your reaction is that it's just a PR stunt? Why? Does it help at all that he's an avid environmentalist with ties to the Clinton Foundation? Maybe you can twist it enough to give credit to someone on the left.

Old 06-26-2018, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Have you done any research whatsoever on Pratt? I didn't recognize the name, so I looked him up. The man has made similar pledges and followed through on them.

At the very least, read his profile on Wikipedia. Not my favorite source for information, but the page is well documented and I found nothing to refute the info.

Why the negativity here? An apparently well known and successful foreign businessman who has a track record of following through on his word wants to invest in American jobs and your reaction is that it's just a PR stunt? Why? Does it help at all that he's an avid environmentalist with ties to the Clinton Foundation? Maybe you can twist it enough to give credit to someone on the left.
So you want to ignore my comment on the treatment of billionaires based on whether they say nice things to trump or not. And I do not really care if =they are left or right. These comments are disingenuous. As you will note he is a long time investor in U.S. So what before he invested in U.S. it was a bad idea? Sorry. Simple corporate PR stunt

Old 06-26-2018, 11:02 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:
So you want to ignore my comment on the treatment of billionaires based on whether they say nice things to trump or not. And I do not really care if =they are left or right. These comments are disingenuous. As you will note he is a long time investor in U.S. So what before he invested in U.S. it was a bad idea? Sorry. Simple corporate PR stunt
$2 billion is an expensive publicity campaign.

ETA:
Quote:
So you want to ignore my comment on the treatment of billionaires based on whether they say nice things to trump or not.
I couldn't care less about the Trump/Bezos feud. I'm not about to try to justify the behavior of a narcissist, and it has no bearing whatsoever on the topic of the thread.
Fact: The pledge was made in 2017.
Fact: Pratt has followed through on previous pledges.
Fact: Pratt is an extremely successful businessman who will probably handle his entry into the food industry the same way that any other rational corporate businessman would, by hiring people who know the food industry.
Fact: There is zero logical reason based on available data to believe that Pratt won't follow through.
Opinion: You're being a negative nancy for some illogical reason.

Last edited by JimRom; 06-26-2018 at 11:11 PM..

Old 06-26-2018, 11:04 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Must been a mistake he must of thanked Obama.. I’m sure of it !! - liberals

Old 06-26-2018, 11:06 PM

Quote:
$2 billion is an expensive publicity campaign.
1. Article does not show he actually invested one dime.
2. We have seen many claims by foreign companies that said they were investing in U.S. because of Trump policy only to find out the investments were started under Obama.

The one thing Trump has proven is that if you do not kiss his ass he will call ca company out to tank their stock. If you find that a good thing then that is on you.

Old 06-26-2018, 11:24 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,794,600 times
Quote:

Foreign capital investment is the best way to grow an economy. I don't know how anyone spins this as a negative.

Old 06-26-2018, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Foreign capital investment is the best way to grow an economy. I don't know how anyone spins this as a negative.
Agreed. And the U.S. leads the world as a recipient of FDI. When will the right realize this is PART of trade,. That measuring trade deficits is myopic.

Trump is bashing BMW while BMW is one of the leading employers in South Carolina. Make sense right?

Seriously. You all bash identity politics on the left. What the heck do you call Trumps economic policy? Praise or trash individual companies based on a whim?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies