Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 09:35 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,874,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The charge is murder. The kid was killed during the commission of a crime. He has accountability for the murder being involved in the crime where someone is murdered. The murder just happens to be suicide also for the kid. Case dismissed !!!

Its going to be very difficult to get a conviction on murder. It would have been better to charge manslaughter.

Shooting someone in the back = murder
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2018, 09:39 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,605,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Very tragic situation indeed. The "great news" in my OP was to point out that justice is finally coming around. An unarmed minor was shot in the back by a police officer. That officer needs to be dealt with, and it seems he will be.

I am well aware of the situation leading up to the shooting, and the teenage kid should not have run. But he's a teenage kid, he made a bad decision. Does not mean he needed to lose his life over it.

I'm also aware that it was a rookie cop who shot him, and I blame the city for allowing him to fall into a high-pressure situation like that. However, the young officer knew what he was getting into as an LEO, and he will have to deal with the consequences of his actions.

Old 06-27-2018, 09:43 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,084,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
You would think so. But I'm sure no one here will be surprised when this cop walks. Which he almost certainly will.

Old 06-27-2018, 09:44 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,772,727 times
Quote:
Young people need to be taught to not run from cops or they may shoot you in the back.

Cops that shoot fleeing suspects have to be imprisoned for murder and all police need to be retrained and taught when to shoot and who to shoot and who not to shoot and when not to shoot.

When cops realize that their job puts their freedom on the line then maybe they will learn to police better.

It's better to let a perpetrator escape that kill that person and serve time, save as when a high speed pursuit becomes dangerous they need to stand back.

Old 06-27-2018, 09:48 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Probably a fair statement but sometimes in the interest of being brief you will get a generalized statement. It's sad because the guy that was arrested should have never been in the position he was to start with. It's another case where someone is fired from a law enforcement job and quickly lands another law enforcement job elsewhere. This has to stop.

Whoever hired him should also be held accountable.
Agreed.

From what I've read of his previous work history, he was in no way psychologically fit for a(nother) job in law enforcement.

He should have never been in the position to shoot this child in the first place.

While I don't expect that he will be convicted, it's still good to see him charged, as he should be.

Old 06-27-2018, 09:50 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,668,712 times
Quote:
Now all you have to do is prove it. That's what its all about. That's why there is a trial.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:00 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,091,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Now all you have to do is prove it. That's what its all about. That's why there is a trial.
True. A jury of his peers will be presented with all of the evidence against the officer and decide his fate.

I'm just glad to see that an arrest was made in the shooting of an unarmed black person, that doesn't seem to happen very often. If the shooting was truly justified, he will be found not-guilty.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:07 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,983,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Agreed.

From what I've read of his previous work history, he was in no way psychologically fit for a(nother) job in law enforcement.

He should have never been in the position to shoot this child in the first place.

While I don't expect that he will be convicted, it's still good to see him charged, as he should be.
Source? I havn't seen much.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:21 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,852,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Um, Antwan Rose was black.

Guess you didn't see his photo, he's no more black than I am!

Old 06-27-2018, 10:23 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,983,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Guess you didn't see his photo, he's no more black than I am!
Really? Can you show me his photo then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies